CA CA - Barbara Thomas, 69, from Bullhead City AZ, disappeared in Mojave desert, 12 July 2019 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remembering Barbara on Mothers Day. She should be here celebrating with her family.
Yes, happy Mother's Day, Barb. Here's hoping there will be renewed interest and several media updates on her missing anniversary. What a sad anniversary for loved ones of missing persons to have. God bless and comfort them all.

I hope what I am proposing is NOT a waste of time....but taking the thoughts of LietKynes just above. Starting at the beginning of that Friday, dropping the doggy off at the kennel 8:00 am sharp that is within 5 minutes of their home. Returning to hook up the 5th wheel or it was already hooked up, they could NOT have gone north a few miles to cross the river by the Davis Dam. They went south on Bullhead Parkway meets Hwy 95, further south to where the southern bridge crosses the Colorado river, turn right onto Needles Hwy., under the I-40 where it turns due north. This is where he parked at Red Roof Inn at Race St., walks across to the Chevron station for ice. He makes the strange statement that his wife is in the truck so as to establish her presence, she can't be seen. (For me, this statement lends to a known INTENT to happen later in the day). That length of travel from home to Chevron is 30 minutes. IF THE TIME STAMP AT CHEVRON IS 9:00 am, no chance BT is along this first part of this trip. This next phase to Kelbaker Rd. is a function of the photo time stamp that only LE has at this time. IF, the photo is early, BT could have been taken any direction within 30 to 60 minutes radius. IF, the photo time stamp is close to the time of the 911 call, my post hasn't helped at all. If there is NO photo time stamp, it only increases the radius BT could be.

Very good points indeed.

Can I ask...I'm not familiar with the term 5th wheel? Is it a caravan (or super big one, with 5 wheels??). Or a motorhome? Just a cross cultural question from the UK.

Very good points indeed.

Can I ask...I'm not familiar with the term 5th wheel? Is it a caravan (or super big one, with 5 wheels??). Or a motorhome? Just a cross cultural question from the UK.

It's a large caravan. Rather than attach to a typical hitch, it hooks into an apparatus in the bed of a pickup. That extra living space that extends over the truck bed resembles a loft reached by 3 steps or so. Jmo

Choosing Your RV: Fifth Wheel vs. Travel Trailer

I hope what I am proposing is NOT a waste of time....but taking the thoughts of LietKynes just above. Starting at the beginning of that Friday, dropping the doggy off at the kennel 8:00 am sharp that is within 5 minutes of their home. Returning to hook up the 5th wheel or it was already hooked up, they could NOT have gone north a few miles to cross the river by the Davis Dam. They went south on Bullhead Parkway meets Hwy 95, further south to where the southern bridge crosses the Colorado river, turn right onto Needles Hwy., under the I-40 where it turns due north. This is where he parked at Red Roof Inn at Race St., walks across to the Chevron station for ice. He makes the strange statement that his wife is in the truck so as to establish her presence, she can't be seen. (For me, this statement lends to a known INTENT to happen later in the day). That length of travel from home to Chevron is 30 minutes. IF THE TIME STAMP AT CHEVRON IS 9:00 am, no chance BT is along this first part of this trip. This next phase to Kelbaker Rd. is a function of the photo time stamp that only LE has at this time. IF, the photo is early, BT could have been taken any direction within 30 to 60 minutes radius. IF, the photo time stamp is close to the time of the 911 call, my post hasn't helped at all. If there is NO photo time stamp, it only increases the radius BT could be.
Sorry I am not able to follow along properly.. just a couple of questions regarding this post?:

"Returning to hook up the 5th wheel or it was already hooked up, they could NOT have gone north a few miles to cross the river by the Davis Dam. They went south" - Why could they NOT have gone north?

"That length of travel from home to Chevron is 30 minutes. IF THE TIME STAMP AT CHEVRON IS 9:00 am, no chance BT is along this first part of this trip." - Why is there no chance BT is along on that first part of that trip? If she was at the vet's dropping off the dog at 8am and it only takes 30 minutes from home to the Chevron, and if the timestamp at Chevron says 9am, what is the impossibility of her being there?

[QUOTE=" Why is there no chance BT is along on that first part of that trip? If she was at the vet's dropping off the dog at 8am and it only takes 30 minutes from home to the Chevron, and if the timestamp at Chevron says 9am, what is the impossibility of her being there?[/QUOTE]
Respectfully snipped for commentary response. *Exactly*

A motor home that is pulled behind a truck.

A motor home has a motor in it. A 4th wheel is a trailer, no motor. It has a part that goes up over a truck bed (where people usually have a big King bed) and then a trailer part where there's quite a few square feet. At one point, I knew the model name for their 5th wheel. They hadn't had it long, it cost about $60,000 (and the truck was almost that much).

One of the few things LE said is that they had photographic evidence that Barb was at the Cholla Garden that day. They didn't say when.

So she couldn't have been at the vet (it was a dogcare place, IIRC) or at the Chevron. LE says she was at the place where the RV was parked when the 911 call was made.

It's even possible that the picture that was widely circulated is, in fact, from that day. LE has never confirmed it, just released it. Our verified insider said it was photographic proof of his aunt's presence in the Mojave Preserve.

I haven't kept up with this thread, but one thing that was a "red flag" for me was her husband posting a picture of her wearing exactly the items he described her as wearing but she looked at least 10-15 years younger than her last online photos so I don't think it was a picture taken recently. In my opinion, I don't think she was ever in the desert. They would have found her by now and kidnapping from such a remote location would be unlikely.

The picture was part of a larger picture, IMO, and what you're referring to is the blurring effect of pixelation. There are other recent pictures of Barb (judging by the grandkids's age in those pictures) and she looks the same to me.

I haven't checked into this case in quite a while. I'm saddened, yet not surprised, that Barbara has not been found. I believe she was dumped by 'somebody' and it will be difficult to find her remains. I hope she is still alive, but I'm skeptical.

I think I’m one of the very few on the thread who does NOT consider the cause of this disappearance is due to nefarious activities.

I think she simply wandered off and succumbed to the heat, yet to be found. It is extremely difficult to find remains outdoors, and most especially in the desert.

I do not consider anything the elderly husband has done, or not done, as suspicious.

I pray this lovely gal is brought home for a proper rest soon. God Bless her soul.

amateur opinion and speculation

Since it happens quite often out there, I think so too. I also think the family in Hong Kong may have accepted that as a possible answer. I think she may have been annoyed, over-heated, under-hydrated and probably badly wanting A/C. I think she walked past the truck and down the dirt road off Kelbaker, probably for a potty break (having failed to find the hidden key and now being even more annoyed).

In that state, people are vulnerable. People can pass out very quickly from heat, and one of the symptoms of impending heat stroke is euphoria and/or agitation.

So, I'm with you, Roses, at this point. I do think there are aspects of the story that speak to negligent behavior on the part of the elderly husband (he had all the water, he didn't stay by her side) but perhaps she walked away quickly. Perhaps his sense of time was faulty and she was out of his sight longer than 3-5 minutes.

At any rate, there's been no further criminal investigation of any kind that's been visible to the public. I contacted several reporters, stayed in touch with them, talked to them on the phone, and they could get no more info from LE. Case isn't closed, but it is obviously cooling off to cold.

Since it happens quite often out there, I think so too. I also think the family in Hong Kong may have accepted that as a possible answer. I think she may have been annoyed, over-heated, under-hydrated and probably badly wanting A/C. I think she walked past the truck and down the dirt road off Kelbaker, probably for a potty break (having failed to find the hidden key and now being even more annoyed).

In that state, people are vulnerable. People can pass out very quickly from heat, and one of the symptoms of impending heat stroke is euphoria and/or agitation.

So, I'm with you, Roses, at this point. I do think there are aspects of the story that speak to negligent behavior on the part of the elderly husband (he had all the water, he didn't stay by her side) but perhaps she walked away quickly. Perhaps his sense of time was faulty and she was out of his sight longer than 3-5 minutes.

At any rate, there's been no further criminal investigation of any kind that's been visible to the public. I contacted several reporters, stayed in touch with them, talked to them on the phone, and they could get no more info from LE. Case isn't closed, but it is obviously cooling off to cold.

<bbm>
Clearly this may be....but I find it a long shot. They would have found her body by now, if so. JMO.
I don't think she deserves to be forgotten and for her case to 'cool off'.

If YOU disappeared, I wouldn't abandon you.

I don’t at all believe @10ofRods implied BT should be forgotten because the case appears to have cooled off.

IMO, if LE does not believe this is a foul play case & she’s perished by misadventure or a medical ER, SAR will not be called out to search unless credible evidence is found to deploy teams again. That’s a sad reality.

Thank you for your efforts - whoever is responsible clearly did a good job - add her to the list of bodies yet to be found
JMO

deugirtni & rosesfromangels are asking the same basic question...let me elaborate my position for this. I have never seen evidence posted that the 5th wheel trailer was hooked to the truck when dropping off the dog. I am assuming the time from kennel to home where the 5th wheel was perhaps 5-8 minutes. Based on my experience, perhaps 12-15 minutes to connect the 5th wheel and get on the road...If the Chevron visit was 9 am, there is NOT an adequate time during that 30 minute travel to stop, dig a hole, put something in that hole, bury the hole. That road offers no seclusion to perform this task. I ruled out the trip NORTH, across the river, and south to the Chevron because that direction has "S" bends, sharp turns, up and down level changes that adds easily 20 more minutes.

I don’t at all believe @10ofRods implied BT should be forgotten because the case appears to have cooled off.

IMO, if LE does not believe this is a foul play case & she’s perished by misadventure or a medical ER, SAR will not be called out to search unless credible evidence is found to deploy teams again. That’s a sad reality.

No, I'm sorry if it seemed that I implied that. I don't believe that 10ofRods meant that BT should be forgotten. My apologies if that's how it came across.

I meant that I thought that LE, and the rest of us, should not forget her case and should keep working on it! No one should be abandoned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member