Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
How odd that they went to Petco instead of the hospital/doctor?! I think there must be something more to this Petco visit the more it's discussed. I shutter thinking of that awkward car ride. MOO

I doubt the two trips was about buys dog clothes, I think she was buying time, waiting on him to die from his injuries. IMO

Yes, we have discussed that in the past and I do think its possible that shadow could be the garage door opening. The timing of the shadow is right after she gets out, so if she had hit a garage door opener while in the drivers seat then the timing of the shadow could be about right to match the garage door opening.
Forgive my ignorance, but how could the garage door cause a shadow?

In

I'm thinking along the same line as you. I think he was injured the night before or that morning. I only think the night before because she was up at 4am and seemed to have a plan from the moment she had to put on her acting chops. I don't think Gannon was at the property when she called the cops. Too much risk for someone who thinks she's so clever. MOO

I do believe it was Gannon that walked out to the truck. But I do think that she had a plan worked up. I don't think this was a spur of the moment thing because it seems to me like Tee has been unraveling for awhile now.

I was thinking that the shadow was from her opening her door. If you pay close attention to the timing, the shadow appears at the same time she opens her door and appears to jump. If you watch it again and just pay attention to her door, you will notice that she opens her door very forcefully and the door kind of bounces back. Then watch again and pay attention to the shadow and it does seem to jump at the same time that her door does.

“Deputies are actively searching for the boy in between calls for service, and the case has been forwarded to major crimes detectives. Such a move is made when additional investigative tools, such as the ability to obtain deleted information off a phone, are needed, she said.” Quoted from the media thread & Ugh I didn’t know how to bring the link here? BBM & Edited by me

Pardon me if it has been brought up before. I am just starting from the beginning on this thread to refresh my mind.

This was posted in the media thread dated Tuesday @ 6:28pm the day after he disappeared. I think they found suspicious info deleted on Gannon’s phone by then. They didn’t have her phone yet. MOO

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance, but how could blethe garage door cause a shadow?
When I activate my automatic garage door opener from within my car, a bright overhead light in the garage goes on and the door opens. I backed my car (not a truck) into my driveway and tried to reproduce the movement of light (shadow) and was successful. It certainly wasn't the same because I don't have a truck etc. but it worked.
I did have to move out of the car quickly though to be able to see the light movement myself because it happened within the first foot or two of the door opening.

JMO
It can happen in a number of ways. One is like Rosiebones mentioned above. The way I was thinking it could have happened is if the sun was shining off the garage door, then the sun could have reflected off the door and back toward the vehicle which could have caused a brief shadow to bounce off the lower part of the truck. A garage door is made up of separate panels and they bend near the top as each one bends to go up over the top rail on the inside of the garage. That bending of the panel could have caused the sunlight to reflect back toward the vehicle and may have cuased the shadow to briefly appear.

I am not sure if their garage door had windows or not near the top. The glass in small windows on the door could have also reflected sunlight but even if no windows, the garage door panels themselves could have reflected light as they bent toward the top and maybe bounced a shadow underneath the vehicle.

Last edited:
Regarding AA and the assumption that Gannon had been murdered at home on the afternoon of Monday 27 January after TS return from her outing with Gannon.
I am recalling from memory, don't depend on it entirely, that Crime scene people paid at least 3 if not 4 or 5 visits to that house following Gannon's disappearance.
Dan May went in there on at least one occasion.

There HAD to be something about the nature of the blood found that led them to state their belief that he died there on Monday afternoon, as opposed to the blood being from the Sunday night or another occasion.
FBI were involved and they have access to first rate laboratories.
I think they must have been able to time the blood spillage they found.

When they discovered his body and stated it changed everything, perhaps they were merely referring to the nature of the injuries found on his body, blunt instrument and gunshot, possibly.

I am assuming TS was outa that house like a bat outa hell once Al returned on Tuesday morning and Landen arrived on Tuesday evening.

Can we assume those bloodstains were found quite quickly after the murder? If so they could be timed from the blood itself through laboratory testing.

I didn't see Gannon returning with LS.
I do remember the Sheriff's deputy saying she did not disagree with RD's footage and it was part of the story but not the entire story and I remembered they received several sets of footage from other neighbors too.

He may have been unconscious in back of truck, hidden and wrapped but still alive, perhaps unbeknownst to LS immediately...
It's hard to know the truth here.
And I agree it appears to be an act of total insanity to bring the child home knowingly to kill him in his own bedroom in the family home.

BUT, LE must have had reason to believe that is how it happened from their own forensic investigations.

If LE had CONCLUSIVE evidence that the murder took place in his bedroom, I don't think Dan May would've troubled himself to visit the house once OR twice. In a no body case, he had to be convinced a death occurred, not necessarily where or how. At the time of the AA, LE BELIEVED the murder happened there.... photos didn't suffice, Dan May wanted to see for himself and IMO decided he could make a reasonable case, based on the survivability of the physical assault which occurred there.

But I remind you all that Gannon was BORN with 10% survivability odds. I'm convinced that unbelievably he survived that assault, enough so to walk to the truck. Utterly barbaric on her part.

I'm not convinced for certain that he died on Perry Road. It's POSSIBLE she moved him TO there before moving him FROM there. But either way, I think his body WAS there, and not far from the road because that's as far as she could carry him or as far as he could walk from the truck before he collapsed.

Unthinkably cold.

JMO

I tend to think she may have inadvertently been wearing her apple watch Monday due to her early report (T-splaination) that she was 'exercising' in the basement when Gannon left to go to a friend's house.

I'm behind again, but maybe "exercise" is code for murder. Maybe she said that as an excuse for why there was elevated HR and loads of movement tracked.

“Deputies are actively searching for the boy in between calls for service, and the case has been forwarded to major crimes detectives. Such a move is made when additional investigative tools, such as the ability to obtain deleted information off a phone, are needed, she said.” Quoted from the media thread & Ugh I didn’t know how to bring the link here? BBM & Edited by me

Pardon me if it has been brought up before. I am just starting from the beginning on this thread to refresh my mind.

This was posted in the media thread dated Tuesday @ 6:28pm the day after he disappeared. I think they found suspicious info deleted on Gannon’s phone by then. They didn’t have her phone yet. MOO

I believe EPCS became suspicious after talking to AS on Tuesday as soon as he got off the plane and was adamant that GS did not run away and had no friends that would harbor him. Less than 24 hours later when LS showed up for her interview-- armed with her notes were enough for judge to sign the search the warrants including vehicle, phone, and LS DNA sample. The rest, as they say, is history. MOO

ETA: Investigators probably brought in the luminol by Tuesday night- Wed AM or certainly before LS noon interview where she showed up 2 hours late.

Last edited:
I would be a hoot if the selfie she took that morning no matter which phone captured more then she realized!!

Gannon was sitting in the back seat behind her. That’s where he got in at. If she is taking the selfie from the front seat to him it might just capture the brown suitcase behind him in the truck bed through the window.
Very good catch @Bbybluz !!! The brown suitcase in the back of the truck ... she deserves to appear that stupid.

My first thought about TS's mention of that selfie was that LE complied with AS & LH's wishes to NOT reveal what is their son's last photograph. In addition to the suitcase, may appear injured or drugged. So sad how these parents were taunted and tormented by TS.

Regarding AA and the assumption that Gannon had been murdered at home on the afternoon of Monday 27 January after TS return from her outing with Gannon.
I am recalling from memory, don't depend on it entirely, that Crime scene people paid at least 3 if not 4 or 5 visits to that house following Gannon's disappearance.
Dan May went in there on at least one occasion.

There HAD to be something about the nature of the blood found that led them to state their belief that he died there on Monday afternoon, as opposed to the blood being from the Sunday night or another occasion.
FBI were involved and they have access to first rate laboratories.
I think they must have been able to time the blood spillage they found.

When they discovered his body and stated it changed everything, perhaps they were merely referring to the nature of the injuries found on his body, blunt instrument and gunshot, possibly.

I am assuming TS was outa that house like a bat outa hell once Al returned on Tuesday morning and Landen arrived on Tuesday evening.

Can we assume those bloodstains were found quite quickly after the murder? If so they could be timed from the blood itself through laboratory testing.

I didn't see Gannon returning with LS.
I do remember the Sheriff's deputy saying she did not disagree with RD's footage and it was part of the story but not the entire story and I remembered they received several sets of footage from other neighbors too.

He may have been unconscious in back of truck, hidden and wrapped but still alive, perhaps unbeknownst to LS immediately...
It's hard to know the truth here.
And I agree it appears to be an act of total insanity to bring the child home knowingly to kill him in his own bedroom in the family home.

BUT, LE must have had reason to believe that is how it happened from their own forensic investigations.

I agree it makes no logical sense for LS to either beat GS to the point of leaving blood splatter on his bedroom wall and floor before going for a drive with GS, or fatally assault GS after the drive if LS wanted GS dead. In either instance, LS had ample time to just smother GS when they left home together Monday.

I believe AS was very instrumental in moving the investigation for GS from voluntarily missing (i.e., run away per LS) to endangered missing when he got home and gave investigators permission to search the residence. Had AS not given immediate access, investigators would have needed additional time to develop probable cause for a judge to sign a search warrant.

I agree that LS couldn't get out of the residence fast enough after AS got home -- especially when she immediately started gaslighting here -- blaming both AS and LH for allegedly telling her to leave and/or she was not welcome at home. In another life, LS would have been front and center when AS got home and before LH arrived to set up a command post for neighborhood and community search teams -- all for her HERO status. Nope, she was screaming GUILTY from the get-go.

MOO

I still do not think that she killed Gannon at the house. I think this is maybe the one thing that they got wrong. I believe she hurt him that morning. Maybe hit him in the head with something. Head wounds bleed a lot. I remember when my son fell down and wacked his head against the pavement. I thought he wasn't going to live to see the next day. Turns out it wasn't as bad as it looked. He didn't even need stitches. I think she hurt him in the morning which would explain his sluggishness walking to the truck and she took him out and finished the job and then dumped him somewhere. Cleaned up when she got back home. She knew nobody would be in the house while she was gone. This also explains the surveillance not showing Gannon return home with her.

I am hoping that since Gannon was found that there is a new theory. Because if I am being honest, this theory they have now sucks and makes no sense.

Something else that has been bugging me is where it is theorized that Gannon was in the back of her Tiguan when she called the police. I am sorry but I do not believe anyone would be bold enough to call the police saying they have a missing child while all along the child is dead and in their car. Because if you are calling in a missing child and the police come, chances are they are going to check cars and all over the house. Nope. I do not think she killed Gannon in that house and I do not believe he was in the back of her car when she called the police. IMO.
I AGREE --- I think she hurt him bad enough to cause the blood that was found, but we know he sluggishly walked out to the truck and IMO, never came back. JMO

How odd that they went to Petco instead of the hospital/doctor?! I think there must be something more to this Petco visit the more it's discussed. I shutter thinking of that awkward car ride. MOO
They sell euthanasia drugs at Pet owners i believe. I have seen them at PetSmart.

Scratch that. It appears that Petco has always been opposed to non vet euthansia for pets.

I believe EPCS became suspicious after talking to AS on Tuesday as soon as he got off the plane and was adamant that GS did not run away and had no friends that would harbor him. Less than 24 hours later when LS showed up for her interview-- armed with her notes were enough for judge to sign the search the warrants including vehicle, phone, and LS DNA sample. The rest, as they say, is history. MOO

ETA: Investigators probably brought in the luminol by Tuesday night- Wed AM or certainly before LS noon interview where she showed up 2 hours late.
2 hours late ...AFTER going to the car wash UGH

I don't think they meant it like it was GS fault. I think it was meant like he did some normal thing (nothing wrong or intentional) and she went off the rocker about it.
I think the poster was wondering what could have possibly set her off like that...was he playing loudly, like kids tend to do? Did he ask for food while she was engrossed in her weird googling?
I think it's obvious from her search history that she was not happy or comfortable in her situation. So it's possible she could have been so highly agitated that ANY little thing would have sparked her. I think the original poster was just wonder what was the thing that made her lose it specifically on Gannon.

ETA
I thought I was replying to Warwick.
Thank you for pointing that out! I think I over reacted in that I didn't want it portrayed as though Gannon brought this on himself as I agree he is the victim in all of this but that something made LS lose it ! I don't know what that was and I thank you for reminding us that what ever happened was not Gannon's fault ! But we have to bring justice to this case! Please come back with the appropriate decision!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23