GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former PD and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryptic

Reaction score
What is known is that Ahmaud Arbery was shot and killed after a confrontation with two suspects. There are evidently two very different versions of what led to the confrontation and shooting:

Ahmaud Arbery case will go to grand jury - CNN

A. Ahmaud Arbery was jogging while black. He was then chased down and murdered pursuant to the racist "a black male is a suspected criminal" line of "thinking".

B. Arbery resembled a burglar who had struck the neighborhood in the past / was in the act of fleeing from an attempted burglary. He then attacked an individual who tried to stop him and was shot only after repeatedly trying to get control of a weapon.

It appears that even with the suspects own admission, the chase was initiated because Arbery simply peered into a home under construction. In Georgia, private citizens, can only make citizens arrests for felonies that they have exact knowledge of.

Thus, even giving credence to possibility "B", the suspects had no lawful ability to detain Arbery.

IMO, this case is vitally important to Georgia as the olde school notion that one class of citizens has extremely broad rights of "self defense" over other classes of citizens and that they have some kind of endowed arrest / command authority over this group needs to end.

In short, these two men need to be prosecuted..... .

___

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
It was stolen from TM's truck. Who's gun it was doesn't really matter.

I believe it was GM that moved TM's truck and didn't lock the doors.
I could be mistaken about who actually moved the vehicle.
GM moved the truck.
Don't some of the people living in Satillo have rings doorbells?

It was stolen from TM's truck. Who's gun it was doesn't really matter.

I believe it was GM that moved TM's truck and didn't lock the doors.
I could be mistaken about who actually moved the vehicle.
It does matter who's gun it was. Especially if they don't have the serial number. That's either puposefully criminal,or pure negligence. Not something expected from a LEO, or their son. SMH.

GM moved the truck.
Don't some of the people living in Satillo have rings doorbells?

Yea, it was discussed earlier.
I doubt the police would go door to door asking for any footage regarding a stolen gun.
As another poster said, there is a huge rash of vehicle break ins in almost ever state.

I hear about them on a weekly basis and my town is pretty small.

In your opinion it was stolen by an outsider. So yes, in that scenario serial number probably gone.

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

TM stole his own gun and reported it or GM stole TM's gun? Or it was a false report and there wasn't even a gun?

I'm not sure what you're getting at.

TM stole his own gun and reported it or GM stole TM's gun? Or it was a false report and there wasn't even a gun?
Travis locked his truck. He apparently avoided conflict with AA on Feb 11.
GM seems full of opinions and energy. Like not attending training on community policing. Wonder if he ever missed the range ?

It does matter who's gun it was. Especially if they don't have the serial number. That's either puposefully criminal,or pure negligence. Not something expected from a LEO, or their son. SMH.

Do you know anyone with firearms?
Go ask them if you can see one. And then ask them if they know or can provide you with the serial #.

More likely his Dad took it. Travis locked his truck. He apparently avoided conflict with AA on Feb 11.

Highly unlikely, but ok.
Why would GM take it?

Do you know anyone with firearms?
Go ask them if you can see one. And then ask them if they know or can provide you with the serial #.
I will,and if they don't know,or don't have it they will get an earful from me. I'm sorry but is pure negligence to not have serial numbers, written,or recorded somewhere on any,and all firearms. MOO

If their weapons were drawn, he had a reason to fear for his life. Or do you think that it would have been in his best interest to do exactly what these armed strangers who came out of nowhere told him to do? If I were jogging and 3 men came at me and weapons were involved, I would assume they intended to kill me in some nefarious way and I would do what I could to make it as hard as possible for them to achieve their goals, even if it meant I died in the process on my own terms. I wouldn't acquiesce (or I imagine not).

What part of this is okay? What part of their actions in creating this situation was necessary?
I agree with you. My inclination would be to run, dodge and get away. If they were afraid that AA was armed, call police, have a gun in the cab where it can't be seen. Don't have a guy in the truck bed with a shotgun and another filming it.

My thoughts would be, "OMG - These nuts are going to kill me and film it!" I am not very fast at running, but I sure would try to get away; and I would struggle if I were caught.

I personally feel like AA was getting out of his house for a little exercise and a little distraction. If the orders around his town were to stay home and only go out if necessary and for exercise, he may have been exercising and just stopped to look at the progress of the house. I could see myself doing the same thing.

Maybe, AA likes looking at homes to get ideas for when he was going to buy or build his own home. That's what both my husband and I have done in the past. It's fun to look at homes in the process of being built and to see what all goes into the construction.

How was AA going to take anything? Maybe, I am being naive; however, he didn't have his car. He was on foot. Unless it was an item that was small and light, where was he going to put it?

I agree with the poster who commented about these people being so overly concerned about the neighbor's house under construction. If there had been recent burglaries in the neighborhood, I would actually have talked to the police and asked them to step up patrols in our neighborhood.

Why not just step outside to let the trespasser know that they were aware of him being at the home after calling police? What is the point of chasing him down the street with loaded guns? Anyone with half a brain should know that this would frighten the average person.

I want to add that leaving a loaded gun on a truck seat is highly irresponsible. What if a neighborhood youngster was the one who took the gun and killed himself or someone else? Even if the truck were locked, someone could break the window and steal the gun. You'd think that the gun owner would at least put the gun under his seat or in the glove compartment.

Travis locked his truck. He apparently avoided conflict with AA on Feb 11.
GM seems full of opinions and energy. Like not attending training on community policing. Wonder if he ever missed the range ?

That makes no sense. What does GM stealing his sons gun have anything to do with avoiding a conflict with AA or any other thing you mentioned.

We're talking about a stolen gun not attending training or going to the range.

MOO GM seems volatile and irresponsible, Travis does not.

I will,and if they don't know,or don't have it they will get an earful from me. I'm sorry but is pure negligence to not have serial numbers, written,or recorded somewhere on any,and all firearms. MOO

Have at it. You might get an earful back telling you to mind your own business.

Last edited:
Does TM really have any need to know the serial number at this point? He obviously didn’t turn it into insurance or fill out a police report, he’s not going to get reimbursed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4