Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was thinking that they were gym people so she may have an extensive workout wardrobe . maybe they really dont know what she had on.
True.

Maybe her family could check and see what's missing ?

The same with her footwear.
What if there was a struggle and she kicked a shoe off ?

And we still don't know what kind of bicycle.
Mountain Trek bike ?
12-13 speed ?

I don't believe for one red hot skinny minute that the neighbor noticed SM leaving for a bike ride on Sunday.

I sure as heck don't believe that the neighbor noticed around 5:46 that she hadn't arrived back home from her bike ride and became so overwhelmingly concerned that he/she contacted LE to report her missing.

To be clear: I don't even believe that SM went for a bike ride on Sunday.

So there's that.

I think the neighbour possibly saw her go off on her bike ride.

I also think that one of her daughters couldn't reach her by phone and as it was mothers day that would make it all the more alarming, and they asked the neighbour to check on her.

The bike could have been found immediately, even by the neighbour along the way while going to check on her.
The bike could have had damage and the neighbour has told family and LE this , but LE are being tight lipped, hence the cousins comment about asking LE about the bike.

I think she did go on a bike ride and something nefarious happened. I don't think the husband is involved.

MOO

I think the neighbour possibly saw her go off on her bike ride.

I also think that one of her daughters couldn't reach her by phone and as it was mothers day that would make it all the more alarming, and they asked the neighbour to check on her.

The bike could have been found immediately, even by the neighbour along the way while going to check on her.
The bike could have had damage and the neighbour has told family and LE this , but LE are being tight lipped, hence the cousins comment about asking LE about the bike.

I think she did go on a bike ride and something nefarious happened. I don't think the husband is involved.

MOO
then why not describe the bike (and her clothing if they know what she was wearing) and see if there were passersby that saw something. I think there is a reason that LE has not mentioned the bike. there are a few options but the most likely is that they have not confirmed a bike ride and dont believe there was one, IMO.

Good possible options. Adding a couple more that are slightly different.

Like #1 but maybe she had accident and hit her head and then became disoriented and walked away from scene into the woods and has gotten lost.

Like #2 but maybe a vehicle hit her and killed her by accident and then the driver took her away because the person may have been drunk and didnt want to get caught so they moved her to a different location thinking it would help to throw off the investigation from a hit and run.
I was thinking that too! The second one ~ or someone hit her on her bike with the intention of abducting her. Really sad-

Hi all of you internet detectives ! I'm SO disappointed that she wasn't found today, I kept hoping against hope that this was some kind of freak accident, although my gut feeling was that it wasn't, especially after 3 full days of dogs, searchers, atv's, law enforcement everywhere, and yet nothing was found. I read earlier in the thread that her bike was actually found, which is information that wasn't available last night when I posted around 11 p.m.

I'm distressed because I looked at all of the pictures they had on Facebook and they appeared to be such a happy, well grounded family with nothing to look forward to except good times and grand kids. You know how sometimes you can look at family photos and see that there may be a certain amount of tension between the people being photographed ?? I didn't get that at all looking at this family, to me they looked happy and carefree, their selfies appeared to be casual and spontaneous.

I read here last night that the FBI had been brought in, which at first I thought was a good thing, but normally when the FBI is brought in there is a total and complete blackout on information. Nobody has any right to know anything...........which would include all of us. However, I think the local sheriff had already made it clear to the husband and daughters of this woman that if they talked to the media, then he would stop talking to them. Why would her husband feel the need to post a 100K reward unless he already knew this was an abduction ?? I mean, if it was an accident, then one of the local searchers would find her sooner or later, right ? So why post such a high reward unless he already knew there was foul play involved ? And then, someone unknown doubles it to 200K. That doesn't sound like somebody scooted down the hill and sprained their ankle, that sounds like, "We know you've got her, we want her back" !!

Personally I think it all hinges on how they found her bike, and in what shape. For instance:

1) Bike was found down the side of a steep incline next to the road. GOOD
2) Bike was found lodged in a tree or bush close to a canyon or drop off. GOOD
3) Bike was found laying on it's side in the middle of pavement, with her belongings scattered around. BAD
4) Bike was found on either a paved road or a trail in an upright position, with the kickstand down. BAD
5) Bike was found in a fairly flat area, laying on it's side, with the rider nowhere to be found. BAD (but questionable)
6) Where was the bike found ? Was it close to the crossroads we keep hearing about, or was it 10 miles further away ?

I think the above scenarios of 1 and 2 & 6 have been thoroughly checked out by now, which leaves us with 3 through 5.

I'm so mad at someone for doing this, there's just no justification at all. She appeared to be such a wonderful person.
No matter how long I live, I'll never understand how someone thinks that killing someone else will end their problems.
To me, it seems like that's just the beginning of your real problems.

I made up a map yesterday of the general area, here it is again if anybody wants to see the area and the general distances
of where she disappeared. :

The disappearance Suzanne Morphew, 49, riding a bicycle in Maysville , Colorado - خرائطي على Google

Last edited:
then why not describe the bike (and her clothing if they know what she was wearing) and see if there were passersby that saw something. I think there is a reason that LE has not mentioned the bike. there are a few options but the most likely is that they have not confirmed a bike ride and dont believe there was one, IMO.

I think it may a stalker type scenario and LE don't want to scare a potentially unhinged perp who may be holding her.

MOO

<modsnip>

Back to Suzanne... what was she wearing ?
What kind of bike ?
Her shoes ?

If anyone can think of questions that LE needs to answer so that she can be found.
Or at least in case someone has spotted her somewhere.
Is there a potential danger to the community? A predator on the loose? Doesn’t seem like it considering the response of LE thus far.

Pound the keyboard, help get her info out there - but we can’t tell you the color of her bike, where the bike was found, if she had a normal or usual route, what she had on, any other information.
bbm
Agreed.
Cray cray....

It would be so much more helpful to get out there and look !!!!
A reward offered means someone thinks she was taken.
What if someone has her holed up in a remote cabin somewhere ?
So get out there and search.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member