Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am only caught up to page 45 but a couple thoughts --

Seeing how close she lives to that CO Trail and the intersection/area where they had previously been searching was on the way there and very close, it seems like she was headed to that trail and was interrupted. Could have been a hit and run, and the perp didn't have time/didn't have space in their vehicle to take her bike. It could have been an abduction. MOO

In terms of the police not putting out a warning to residents that there may be a criminal on the loose, etc., to me that doesn't mean it necessarily isn't true. The LE in Mollie Tibbetts' case never said that either; in fact, it made many of us here feel like she may have been harmed by someone known to her and/or took off on her own volition. When in fact it ended up that she WAS harmed by a stranger and it was an opportunistic crime. I personally am not reading too much into the fact that they haven't put that out to the public. They may just not know.
Yes, I think LE rarely warns the public of danger unless they believe there is a serial killer in the area or something like that. They usually just make a general statement urging the public to be vigilant and to be aware.

I do wonder if they have a suspect, though.

Imo

When I read about their purchase of the $1.5 million dollar home, I thought they had used the money from the sale of the Indiana home for collateral. Did they do so?

ETA: Just saw the transfer of the Indiana property to someone else. So, they may have received money from the transfer to help pay for the Colorado property.

Apologies for any confusion; I've corrected my first post above.

JMVHO.

Last edited:
I was confused by this also. I saw this info early on (house selling for $750,000) but then people started saying the IN house wasn’t sold and was $900,000. I thought maybe I remembered wrong. Going from a $750,000 house to a $1.5 million house is a BIG upgrade and had us thinking. That’s why the $750,000 stuck in my mind.
It was originally listed for $980,000. Maybe that’s where the confusion came in.

Last edited:
Just a few min ago... CCSO facebook
Chaffee County Sheriff's Office

While the search for Suzanne Morphew continues, a specific area just west of County Road 225 and Highway 50 (outside of Maysville), is being targeted by investigators after they located what’s believed to be a personal item of the missing woman.

On Friday, May 15, members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) plan to launch a comprehensive search of the area.

More than fifty searchers and investigators will comb the area in an effort to seek additional items or other clues that may identify the whereabouts of Ms. Morphew.

Unfortunately, this search will cause a temporary closure U.S. Highway 50, Monarch Pass for an undetermined amount of time.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office and its partners will work to ensure the roads are opened as quickly as possible as to reduce the impact on drivers and those living in the area.

Note: The media will not be granted access to the site due to the location and nature of the search; however, Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze plans to brief the media at the conclusion of the search, most likely Friday afternoon. Briefing details and location will be released as soon as they are available.

View attachment 246863

No media allowed based on location and nature of the search. This does not sound good...:(

When I read about their purchase of the $1.5 million dollar home, I thought they had used the money from the sale of the Indiana home for collateral. Did they do so?

ETA: Just saw the transfer of the Indiana property to someone else. So, they may have received money from the transfer to help pay for the Colorado property.

Apologies for any confusion; I've corrected my first post above.

JMVHO.

Only 3 acres of land was transferred to the seed company. They still own the house and the 10 acres that it's on.

They normally only tip their hand when they need the public’s help.

they don’t need the public’s help in this case
Completely agree.

They haven’t shared even the most basic information, such as Suzanne’s height, weight, or hair color. That’s virtually unheard of in missing person cases, IMO.

As to the tip-line, it is possible, IMO, that they decided to set one up, so as to avoid being accused of focusing on a particular person(s) or investigative theory prematurely and failing to investigate alternatives, should there be an arrest(s), and not necessarily because they are in need of additional information for investigative or prosecutorial purposes, IMO.

Completely agree.

They haven’t shared even the most basic information, such as Suzanne’s height, weight, or hair color. That’s virtually unheard of in missing person cases, IMO.

As to the tip-line, it is possible, IMO, that they decided to set one up, so as to avoid being accused of focusing on a particular person(s) or investigative theory prematurely and failing to investigate alternatives, should there be an arrest(s), and not necessarily because they are in need of additional information for investigative or prosecutorial purposes, IMO.

Interesting theory, thank you for your insight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam