Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused now...Was it reported where the bike was found? That it was found along Foose Creek or trail?
N
We're trying to help find Suzanne, not harm the woman.

She is missing under suspicious circumstances. Items of hers were found during searches. To our knowledge, so far, it doesn't appear to be an abduction, as the case would be treated differently if that was the case. LE would be begging the public for help- did anyone see Suzanne get into a car? Did anyone see a suspicious vehicle in the neighborhood? Asking neighbors if they had cameras to call LE and let them view them? Was there anyone that looked like Suzanne on the biking trail that day that people recall, and if so, when did they see her, was she with anyone?

I think you get my drift. Going by what we have for evidence presented to us by LE, to which the sheriff seems very firm in his belief that she was not attacked by an animal, we're able to rule out several things- kidnapping (at this point and time), animal attack, it doesn't appear that they think she drowned or did self harm.

What is left? Unfortunately, foul play.

So we examine things closer. Learn from past cases to sift through the sheriff's wording in his statements. Some clues can be gleaned by both past cases and listening to other sheriff's wording in press conferences from previous cases- things that they aren't saying. The way something is worded. Alibis checked out or did not- to which I have stated a couple of times that so far, no alibis have been confirmed by this sheriff, and his wording that he hopes that her husband continues to cooperate may be a sign that they are expecting him to lawyer up. We also haven't heard about anyone taking a lie detector test willingly. We haven't heard what the condition of the bike is, if there was any signs of blood or body fluids found in the park or at home, on and on we could go here.

So, hopefully, more questions will be answered soon and hopefully Suzanne will be found- preferably alive and well, but unfortunately, we've been to this rodeo too many times to remain optimistic. Once in a blue moon, a missing person gone this long (and much longer) has been found alive, to which we all hope and pray for.

Like everyone close to Suzanne, we want her found and answers given if something bad happened to her. We want justice.

Some of us here have personal reasons for being on here- in other words, they've been through what this family is going through, and try to help other missing persons get justice, if the person has been harmed.

Everyone here cares and is compassionate. Strange as it sounds, many of us grieve people we've never met, after hearing they were harmed and found deceased.

I attended Univ in beautiful Colorado and that state was always full of wonderful memories for me. Now I'm obsessed with the lovely mothers who started vanishing i.e., SW, KB, and now SM. Yes, we absolutely want them found and reunited with their families and if not stand vigil until justice served.

Regarding this trail that she MAY have been on, do any locals know if you can drive maybe a gulf cart/4 wheeler on it?

I am just commenting on two visible trails seen on Google. I do not know if the bike was found on either of these trails or not.

From the photos of the Foose Creek Trail, on AllTrails, no golf cart or 4 wheeler could fit.

From the Google view of Route 226, which is the turnoff that was photographed in MSM as "near where personal items were found", it's certainly wide enough for a golf cart or 4 wheeler. There looks to be a regular dirt road that heads east toward the dam, so it would be used as a maintenance / access road for the dam. It does not appear to have a gate or a chain across it.

But there are numerous other mountain bike trails all over the place. Look at the other side of highway 50. Places galore.

I only mention those two because they are closest to her house and one of them is written up as a highly rated mountain bike trail.

EDITED: With a larger scale Google map, I can see that there is a Foose Creek powerline road that could possibly take a 4 wheel vehicle. It does not appear to be exactly the Foose Creek mountain bike Trail, but it parallels it for a while and as powerline trails are, would be fairly easily accessed from the walking / mountain bike trail.

So yes, it seems like a 4 wheel type vehicle could get very close to that trail.

Last edited:
I can't find a MSM article that mentions the husband was specifically at wildfire training in Denver on 05.10.
Has it been reported that's where he says he was, and if yes, can someone share a link please?
(Entirely possible I've just missed the wording, I've read lots of articles but that wording doesn't come up)
Jumping off your post-it's been said he was "out of town on business". Vague, but really none of our beeswax, LE knows the details. ;)

It appears he is operating his own business in Colorado, same as he did in Indiana. It could have been something related to that and not fire-fighting. I'm sure we will eventually hear those details at some point.

This is making me want to clean up my own social media... I'd hate to have anyone sleuthing me and see my search histories and things I follow!!!! Also, my husband would have a tough time describing what I was wearing, or what was missing.

He would, however, be screaming from the rooftops if I was missing. I don't want to point any fingers though... you just never know how someone will act, or what LE might be saying to the family in terms of making statements or appearing publicly.

Where are you, Suzanne? Hope this beautiful lady is found soon.

Just seeing these threads today. As a cyclist, especially mountain biking, I find it odd that no description of the bike has been mentioned anywhere. Bike groups are tight knit and would do anything to find a missing cyclist and/or bike.

Her foundation is a Christian-based charity and she does have that post about Him being the source of blessings

Did she attend religious services or have local church friends. They often assist in searches and publicizing missing members

N

I attended Univ in beautiful Colorado and that state was always full of wonderful memories for me. Now I'm obsessed with the lovely mothers who started vanishing i.e., SW, KB, and now SM. Yes, we absolutely want them found and reunited with their families and if not stand vigil until justice served.
Same for me. My friend lives up-mountain from Colorado Springs (near KB's home town in fact), and I visit her often. We would drive all over the state to camp and hike. I've been on that exact road and area with her, through Monarch Pass on our way to Crested Butte. It's difficult to associate these beautiful places with missing and/or murdered women. Plus there are the hikers who have had threads here, from deer hunters gone missing to young men in RMNP.

Having been to a place does help put the geography of the locale in more accrue perspective, but it sure does add (or subtract from) the beauty of the place and the memories.

Jumping off your post-it's been said he was "out of town on business". Vague, but really none of our beeswax, LE knows the details. ;)

It appears he is operating his own business in Colorado, same as he did in Indiana. It could have been something related to that and not fire-fighting. I'm sure we will eventually hear those details at some point.
Good point. I've been kind of assuming "out of town" implied an overnight trip, but it could've been a job site away from home during daytime hours if he was doing landscaping work.

Landscaping has been in MSM. Here'a link: Suzanne Morphew Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

jmo

YES!
Goodness gracious this is exactly what I got from the nephew telling people to ask LE about the condition of the bike. Like he really really wanted the condition of the bike out there, which being damaged & showing an accident seems most likely.

Or the opposite.

No visible damage beyond a minor defect ... even bigger mystery.

Her foundation is a Christian-based charity and she does have that post about Him being the source of blessings

Did she attend religious services or have local church friends. They often assist in searches and publicizing missing members

I don't know about her life in CO, but I grew up with her siblings and growing up, I know the family attended church regularly.

There is one other thing I would like to add, and it may or may not be important.

Someone said in the last thread that she was on social media the day before she disappeared. That may not be so- if someone harmed her, they may have been posting as her. Kelsey Berreth's jerk boyfriend is one that comes to mind- texting people, pretending to be Kelsey.
Exactly. And that’s why I always want to know who either spoke, video chatted, or physically saw any missing person last. We’ve seen plenty of cases where perps posted in SM as the victim, and/or texted people etc to cover up the fact that the real person was missing.

If the scene was staged, bike being found, then other items being found away from it, ...what would that convey? Would that make you think it was a more personal crime or a professional, random attack? jmo
If staged, a distraction from where the true crime occurred. Look at the Jennifer Dulos case where items were found in many places, including garbage cans.

It appears there is one neighbor nearby but the homes in that area have large parcels of land that are mostly wooded.

The Morphew home is circled in red and a neighboring home is circled in blue.

JMO
This photo really clarify's for me that IF the neighbor knew that SM went for a bike ride it had to be because SM TOLD the neighbor she was going.
I suppose the neighbor might have been driving up in a car and saw SM heading out on her ride, but I find it unlikely that the neighbor could see her leave unless the neighbor was near the road.
Of course being in an area where one could be easily injured (rugged terrain, big cats etc) it may have been SM's & the neighbors practice to notify each other when they went "into the wild" alone. Honestly that would be a really smart thing to do.

This is what I am saying- so far, the sheriff has not said the husband has an air tight alibi. Although this article is three days old, we have seen nothing that has changed in terms of him being cleared. I find this worrisome. It should have been very easy and simple to confirm that he was at training in Denver that day.

I had resigned myself to believe that the husband was waiting for his story to check out with investigators tasked with verifying his activity along with other individuals last in contact with SM before coming out to stand united with LE.

Needless to say, I was so disappointed when the husband was a no-show at the presser on Friday.

He's not named a POI so now my attention is directed at a possible domestic dispute that caused the husband to leave town and he's now overwhelmed with guilt over leaving SM home alone where she may have encountered somebody with evil intentions.

Hoping SM is reunited with her family today.

MOO

Seeing these facebook pics it looks to me like her husband is very loving to her. She even said in a comment, "so blessed by him".

I agree.

I know they say you can't believe photos but to me they look like a beautiful, genuinely happy family.

I think he is probably devastated and I think the family have an idea on who has taken her (my opinion, a stalker type scenario) which is why they aren't appealing. I could be way off!

MOO

The source of her wealth is right in front of our noses, but the mainstream media is not reporting on it so we are not permitted to sleuth it or discuss it here ;)

Now I'm confused. We're allowed to sleuth the victim's address(es) on maps, and to go to her FB, but we can't use any other public information?

I thought we were allowed to gather information about victims. We are not limited to just MSM if we are allowed to talk about her FB - or am I getting this entirely wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member