SD SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #4

They will be searching for Serenity and the missing hunter, Larry Genzlinger.

"Seven teams from Colorado Forensic Canines and Tri-State Canines are planning a four-day search for two long-missing persons in Pennington County. Teams from Colorado, Montana and Wyoming will arrive on Friday, May 15, and will search Saturday through Tuesday. "

Seven canine teams to join search for missing persons in Pennington County

IIRC, it’s been reported that different HRD dogs, from different teams, have alerted to remains over the months. They must find these handlers of these dogs credible to keep at it like they have, over 12 + months later. This is a difficult area to search for a small child especially.

I have never seen the picture of Serenity posted in the above article. Such a beautiful little girl. Ugh...

There was something about that face that grabbed me from the start. I'm always moved by stories of missing children but Serenity's spunk and character seemed to shine thru the pictures I've seen of her since the very beginning. She'll always be extra extra special in my heart and mind. That's where she'll stay whether she's ever found or not.

MAY 16, 2020
Pennington County Sheriff's Office
The search continues tomorrow for Serenity Dennard and Larry Genzlinger.
Seven dog teams from around the region are here searching through Tuesday.
These pictures are Kris Brock and her canine Colt.
98142528_3149085711820165_1121257833174663168_n.jpg
98047360_3149085885153481_6589250636959711232_n.jpg
98162515_3149085755153494_6033805185405419520_n.jpg
97187211_3149085975153472_2439365313288994816_n.jpg

MAY 17, 2020

MAY 16, 2020
Pennington County Sheriff's Office
The search continues tomorrow for Serenity Dennard and Larry Genzlinger.
Seven dog teams from around the region are here searching through Tuesday.
These pictures are Kris Brock and her canine Colt.
98142528_3149085711820165_1121257833174663168_n.jpg
98047360_3149085885153481_6589250636959711232_n.jpg
98162515_3149085755153494_6033805185405419520_n.jpg
97187211_3149085975153472_2439365313288994816_n.jpg

MAY 17, 2020

Don't know how to post FB but your link shows new post from 11 hrs ago that searches would continue tomorrow which I am assuming is today.

Prayers that they will find both Serenity and Larry today.

MAY 17, 2020
Search resumes for Serenity Dennard and Larry Genzlinger - KNBN NewsCenter1
[...]

“For every single day that I’ve been out here, there’s been a dog and a handler, or other people out here grid searching,” said Gail Schmidt, the Fire Chief of the Rockerville Volunteer Fire Department. “So, this is just a large team effort point blank, and everybody is out here for the same reason. And that reason is to find Serenity Dennard, and find Larry Genzlinger, bring them home for their families so that they can have answers.”

[...]

“The snow is a big impact on the search, it covers everything up,” said Captain Mark Hughes of the Pennington County Sheriff’s Office. “We also have to deal with the vegetation. This is a good time for us before the vegetation really gets heavy and high.”

Search and rescue teams have mapped out around 40 sections in hopes of covering around 400 acres in the next four days.

“We segment our areas into about 10 acre sections because we need to grid them very small, very closely, so we go for a smaller area and try to search it very thoroughly,” said Volunteer Dog Trainer Kris Brock.

[...]

Multi-state teams assist another search for Serenity Dennard
Saturday's foggy morning is greeted by Pennington County Search and Rescue, the Sheriff's office and the Rockerville Volunteer Fire Department. The quiet road also sees K-9 teams from Colorado, Montana and Wyoming. They are here in Rockerville to begin another search. The focus on Saturday is to find Serenity's remains.

"These guys are all human remains detection dog handlers, and ultimately they are very good at finding exactly what we are looking for," says Gail Schmidt, the fire chief of Rockerville VFD. "We are searching for deceased people, and the dogs will search for that odor. They do not alert on animal decomposition. So they move past that. Um, but yes, there's still odor." Kris Brock, a forensic canine handler for Cody, Wyo.

[...]

There was something about that face that grabbed me from the start. I'm always moved by stories of missing children but Serenity's spunk and character seemed to shine thru the pictures I've seen of her since the very beginning. She'll always be extra extra special in my heart and mind. That's where she'll stay whether she's ever found or not.
Agreed -- it's interesting and heartbreaking how certain people, especially children in these cases we follow, appeal in a special way to WS'ers. The child just grabs you and won't let you go -- I think many of us here have that one child (or several) whom we cannot let go in our hearts.
Serenity is/was a special child with her own special needs.
Keep holding her closely, @Catmammy -- she needs your support, love and hopes, no matter where she is now. :( Many of us are doing the same. :)

MAY 17, 2020
Search resumes for Serenity Dennard and Larry Genzlinger - KNBN NewsCenter1
[...]

“For every single day that I’ve been out here, there’s been a dog and a handler, or other people out here grid searching,” said Gail Schmidt, the Fire Chief of the Rockerville Volunteer Fire Department. “So, this is just a large team effort point blank, and everybody is out here for the same reason. And that reason is to find Serenity Dennard, and find Larry Genzlinger, bring them home for their families so that they can have answers.”

[...]

“The snow is a big impact on the search, it covers everything up,” said Captain Mark Hughes of the Pennington County Sheriff’s Office. “We also have to deal with the vegetation. This is a good time for us before the vegetation really gets heavy and high.”

Search and rescue teams have mapped out around 40 sections in hopes of covering around 400 acres in the next four days.

“We segment our areas into about 10 acre sections because we need to grid them very small, very closely, so we go for a smaller area and try to search it very thoroughly,” said Volunteer Dog Trainer Kris Brock.

[...]

Multi-state teams assist another search for Serenity Dennard
Saturday's foggy morning is greeted by Pennington County Search and Rescue, the Sheriff's office and the Rockerville Volunteer Fire Department. The quiet road also sees K-9 teams from Colorado, Montana and Wyoming. They are here in Rockerville to begin another search. The focus on Saturday is to find Serenity's remains.

"These guys are all human remains detection dog handlers, and ultimately they are very good at finding exactly what we are looking for," says Gail Schmidt, the fire chief of Rockerville VFD. "We are searching for deceased people, and the dogs will search for that odor. They do not alert on animal decomposition. So they move past that. Um, but yes, there's still odor." Kris Brock, a forensic canine handler for Cody, Wyo.

[...]
thank you - i hope they are both found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa