Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found the no questions asked comment unsettling. I don't think I have ever seen that before. I think most people would want the person who took their loved one to pay for the crime and to put them away so they can't hurt anyone else.

We heard that in the Barbara Thomas case, too, I believe. Jmo. Parallels.

Two points on this:
1. If an outsider is involved: you only have to be perceived to be wealthy to be a target for abduction.
2. If an insider is involved: in their twilight years some people often want to make good for those around them.

honestly, if she were abducted for $$ they would have contacted the family by now

My first reaction is that they feel/know it was foul play and would not want the crime scene or scene around the body contaminated. They would want to preserve that for additional evidence. MOO MOO
This exactly. They have the ERT team from the FBI, which among other things suggests they do in fact expect to recover plenty of evidence.

This is why volunteer searchers and families are generally highly discouraged from searching during a recovery mission that is being treated as a criminal investigation (and why frankly, I’m shocked the family is being allowed to conduct their own searches, for that matter). Some things to consider:

A) they could ruin a crime scene or disturb evidence which could cause problems for a trial
B) the family could stumble upon the body and be traumatized more than they already are
C) loose lips sink ships (and can cause issues at trial), and trained searchers know not to talk to media etc.

honestly, if she were abducted for $$ they would have contacted the family by now

I disagree. But even if I agreed, how do we know they haven’t? This would be the very last thing we’d be hearing about.

There is a very strong possibility she has been grabbed. It’s one of about three or four live scenarios based upon her still being missing and what LE has already discounted. That usually leaves the motivation for a kidnapping to be money or sex. If it’s an insider involved, it’s usually the former. You’ve got to consider these as very real possibilities after so many days gone.

I'm curious re the current covid guideline situation in Colorado at the moment.

Picking up on what others have said, how it seems maybe odd that this mum was on her own for mother's day.

Would lockdown regs prevent daughters from travelling?

But then, how did "the husband" get to travel? And I guess it could be business over a weekend but not so probable IMO. Interesting to know if the trip was planned in advance.

Also noticed a couple of comments on SM's fb page asking how treatment is going.

All of this makes me wonder about state of mind but also the general dynamic in the family. Not casting aspersions, just pondering.

JMO
That's what I was thinking too....but then someone reminded me that Mom was recovering from cancer, 2x. So she would be vulnerable to the virus. So perhaps her daughters didn't want to come near her during this time---for her protection.

"No questions asked" implies to me that the family feels there are people that know something about this. A perp isn't going to turn themselves in for the money, but an associate in on the crime might.

We have not heard at all whether there was a robbery at the home, whether her jewelry or other valuables are missing.

The family could be fishing for a pawn shop to come forth with that lovely ring or some other valuables.
I’d respectfully point out that if someone close to her is in fact that one who did this, that person is still absolutely going to put up a reward, and use that phrasing (it’s not terribly uncommon to say we want her back, won’t press charges, yada yada).

I’m not sure we can infer anything from their wording for this.

That's what I was thinking too....but then someone reminded me that Mom was recovering from cancer, 2x. So she would be vulnerable to the virus. So perhaps her daughters didn't want to come near her during this time---for her protection.
I think this makes sense. When someone replied upthread that they were cancer treatments, I thought the same.

My son's girlfriend (early 20s) has been locked down with us since March 20th and not seen her parents as one of them has recently finished chemo.

I wonder where the search efforts by the family-related search team are taking place. I've seen no media reports about that and haven't heard the nephew say where. JMO.

I believe this is intentional if you consider that it's very unusual to be searching independently while LE is investigating and also officially searching.

If you listened to the nephew's audio interview the reporter asks where they are searching and he does give a generic reply but also says he doesn't want to give out details live on air. He must not be giving details off the air either because we're not seeing it reported in MSM.

MOO

I say this as a member of a site that discusses active police investigations, which I enjoy. However, I believe social media, especially the FB groups that pop up have really changed the way many departments communicate to the public now days. Social media while very helpful to get the word out can also cause so many problems to an investigation , specifically damaging rumors or actual information being released that LE did not want out there. It moves lightening fast. It’s hard to reel it back in. Because of this, I think some departments are taking a different approach, lips sealed on most facts or avenues they are going down. IMO
Yep. The trolls come out big time on SM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member