Identified! MS - Pascagoula, WhtFem Child 45UFMS "Delta Dawn", 1-3, Dog River @I-10, Dec'82 - Alisha Heinrich

Local LEO and those who originally worked the case call her Baby Jane. When I speak to them and say Delta Dawn they look at me with a blank face.

I have presented them with the information on genetic DNA sequencing through Identifiers. Since she is a minor only certain companies will be willing to assist.

A new Coroner was elected and started in January. I am about to meet with him in a few weeks and see if I can get him to make a move forward on this. They did exhume her remains a few years ago and remove a couple of bones. If the Coroners office has those bones, it won’t be difficult to get the DNA sequencing done by a private company.

@jbsb344 Jane is a much nicer name than Dawn or Delta. Riley Ann Sawyers was called Grace until she was identified and if i was being honest in my opinion, Grace is a better name for a baby girl than the masculine sounding surname Riley.

Locals sometimes refer to it as dog river. It is not the actual dog river as that is in Mobile, AL. The old news articles and police reports I have seen list it as both dog river and Escatawpa River. They are one in the same.
They actually aren’t. I am a local and a native of Mobile. Two different rivers.

They actually aren’t. I am a local and a native of Mobile. Two different rivers.

You misunderstood. The “pet name” or local name of the Escatawpa River is the dog river to some. I did not mean it was the same as the dog river in Mobile county.

another highly strange case that you would think to have been solved fairly easily..

The child's body was located in the Dog River beneath the westbound lane of I-10 in Pascagoula. She was apparently thrown off the Interstate 10 bridge. Her body was found when a truck driver reported a body of an adult wearing a blue plaid shirt and blue jeans floating in the river. The Jackson County Sheriff's Office believes the body is the mother of the child found floating in the river. Detectives said the theory is based on the fact that a woman, who was obviously distressed and carrying a child, was seen walking on Interstate-10 on the previous Friday night. This is further confirmed by a Moss Point woman who was monitoring CB conversations that night. She said "truckers were 'raising-a-boat-load-of-Hell' between midnight Friday and 1 AM. Saturday because a woman and child were walking on the interstate and refused to let anyone help her."

Authorities said a woman wearing a blue plaid shirt and blue jeans and carrying a child was seen near the scales at the Alabama line walking west on the interstate. She was reported walking in the westbound lane. A man who saw the woman said a pickup truck stopped but she refused to get into the truck.

Authorities speculate the woman may have thrown the child into the water and then jumped. The baby still had a breath of life because she had sucked in some of the murky water into her lungs.

The body of the woman was never recovered nor has she been identified.

The unidentified toddler is buried in Jackson County Memorial Park. Deputy Moore and his wife stepped forward and made sure the little girl was given a proper funeral and burial in 1982. 200 people attended the young girl's funeral.

45UFMS

This is exciting! I wonder if her name will be released. I have noticed that in some older child doe cases they don't always release their name, like Little Cowboy or the little boy that was found in a storage unit in CA in the late 80's/early 90's.

I don't quite understand because in some cases it is obviously the parents and why protect the guilty by withholding? Could be also to protect other family from harassment that might come if the name is released.

Either way I hope Delta Dawn gets the justice she deserves and her name.

Edit: the little boy I mentioned is Iglewood john doe found in 1994.

Last edited:
I always like to go back into the thread and see if any missing person page is also down for someone previously mentioned comparing to the UID.
I see one & some of the links are down but idk about their namus page- Do we have a rule out list?

I always like to go back into the thread and see if any missing person page is also down for someone previously mentioned comparing to the UID.
I see one & some of the links are down but idk about their namus page- Do we have a rule out list?
Only rule out I know off the top of my head is Brandi Krajewski.

I did see one new case pop up on namus last week (female toddler) but i dont see how this could be her unless there was a massive error with the missing date...
Hoping this little one has her name back

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hoist Gracie