Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
Chaffee County Sheriff's Office (2 hours ago)

Please see the following news release from the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office providing an update on the Suzanne Morphew Missing Person Case.

CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
May 15, 2020 (update)

Nearly 90 investigators searched a 2.5-mile area near County Road 225 and Highway 50 in search of clues into the disappearance of Suzanne Morphew (age 49) of Chaffee County, who went missing on May 10, 2020.

Local, state and federal investigators searched steep and rugged terrain in an effort to attempt to locate additional items of Ms. Morphew after investigators believed to have found a personal item of the missing woman on Thursday.

While investigators aren't releasing details about what may have been found they can confirm that Ms. Morphew has not yet been located to date.

The Chaffee County Sheriff's Office continues to seek tips in Ms. Morphew's disappearance. Anyone with information is asked to call (719) 312-7530.

The Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, with support of the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) will continue to follow-up on tips forwarded to investigators.

Agencies assisting in Friday's Search Include:

Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office
Chaffee County Search and Rescue North and South
Chaffee County Combined TAC Team
Department of Corrections Search Team
Department of Corrections East Canon Search Team
Colorado Department of Transportation
Colorado State Patrol
K9 Assistance
FBI (Evidence Recovery Team)
CBI

*****Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze*****

We are out of patience with the TOS violations. Minimum 3 day TOs are being issued for members who insist on sleuthing family members and others who are not officially named a POI or suspect by LE.

It is a violation of TOS, clearly spelled out in The Rules, and members know this but persist in doing so, regardless of how many times Mods and Admins state it is against TOS.

Everyone please read The Rules (linked in my signature). All members are expected to familiarize themselves with those rules (in this case The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc)

Sleuthing anyone other than the victim or an officially named POI/suspect is NOT allowed. This includes their social media.

I’ve been looking and I only see this small one in an image search around the trailhead area. I’m not from anywhere near the area so some locals will most likely be better able to answer this more accurately.
How long could a bike have been sitting on that bridge do you think without it being witnessed by someone? If it was there for days I would think LE would have had a tip line call about that by now (perhaps they have).

Holy cow, I thought the daughters might have been at a sleepover at a friends or camping in Colorado- had no idea they were hundreds of miles away in Idaho.
So we have no idea when someone actually saw Suzanne. :(
And the neighbor never saw Suzanne on her bike.
So many things being uncovered now.
This breaks my heart. She is so young (49 is young IMO) and such a beautiful woman. From everything I’ve read, she was such a kind, caring person. If what I think happened, happened on Mother’s Day weekend, with the girls out of town, this makes it even worse. MOO I’m so sad for her daughters.:(

Yes she is a good self-promoter and promoter of cases. I believe this and other cases would get plenty of awareness if there never was a NG show. ;)

FWIW Madeleine, there was a time when they didn't get any coverage other than local. Communication has changed big time with Social Media, so you may be correct. NG wrote the book so to speak, that outlined many of the successful forums you see now and back in the day she was a tireless advocate for victims and usually accurate, not one to engage in rumor.

I am re-listening to the 5/19/20 Nancy Grace podcast “Gorgeous Colorado mom disappears on bike ride. Hubby says he was out of town.”

Prior to NG and Crime Online reporter Nicole Partin discussing the neighbor’s sighting and alerting of authorities, there is no qualifier from NG or NP that it’s a rumor and they are repeating the rumor.

The only qualifier occurs when discussing one of the daughters called the neighbor.

Last night many of us were taking this report of the neighbor’s sighting to be a fact. It was, after all, from NG, an accepted source on WS.

Some posters were saying NG and guests stated they were repeating rumors - but regarding the neighbor’s sighting, I never heard that. If they did, please respond and indicate the time they said that.

Last night, after listening to NG, I jumped back on the fence.

After today’s Daily Mail article, I’m back off. I trust DM more than NG.

I only listened to just under half of her podcast last night but she did in fact say, several times, that this is a rumor, and that was another rumor, etc.
The part about the neighbor saying she SAW her leave on her bike, that was not stated as a rumor, IIRC, and now we know that it's just not true at all.
So, either the neighbor lied, the reporter lied, or... or I have no idea why this was said on NG's podcast.
But I was reminded why I never listen to NG, despite the fact she's an approved source here.

I'd like to know when the girls last spoke to her on the phone. Texts don't count as that can be someone else
But, teenagers and barely-into-their-twenties people don't make actual phone calls, it's against the law of Digital Young People, or something. ;)
I get what you're saying though.
I'd like to know the actual confirmed last contact as well.

Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online
Suzanne’s husband Barry Morphew, 52, has said he was away on a training course for his job as a volunteer firefighter in Denver, Colorado, when she vanished.

Was there a training course occurring at that time ?

A training course in Denver on Mother's day weekend, for his job as a volunteer firefighter?

Good question. It wouldn't be too hard to confirm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4