Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evidence bags photo.....some envelopes of paperwork.
I wonder what's being looked for.
bbm
Same.
If a random kidnapper seized her as she was riding (and it's looking like there might not have been a bike ride) ; there shouldn't be any reason whatsoever to take anything from the house; paperwork or other items.

Is it possible the paperwork may hold clues or evidence regarding someone having a major grudge or issue with the family, maybe regarding business dealings?
Or maybe a large sum of money was already paid out for a ransom or to ensure Suzanne's safety -- and it's being kept secret ?
Because some people are very private with their lives.
It wouldn't be a crime to have paid someone a ransom and just not let LE know, right ?

Tried to get this posted before we moved to a new thread, but I was unsuccessful. So here tis:

Since you unraveled the info on the lot sale, can you explain why a 'land contract' was placed on the IN home property on 5/3/19? I would surmise the home/property was under contract to sell and the Morphews held the mortgage. Ownership would still be in Morphew's name until some point in future. What's your take on this?

agree, I found nothing also, except....they recorded a 'land contract' on this property on 5/3/19. This tells me they sold/contracted home and property to someone else but held the mortgage, owner financing. Usually in the agreement w/ purchaser they have a clause that new buyer is responsible for paying taxes. But I didn't see that tax bill was sent to another person, in fact Morphews' Co. address is listed on tax bill.

I thought early on someone figured out they sold 3 acres of the IN property but they still own the rest of the land and home on it. Could this be what you’re seeing?

Ah thank you. So someone has “purchased” it, but it’s seller financed. Sorta risky IMO b/c means the buyers couldn’t qualify for a traditional loan. Anyhoo O/T...:)

Not necessarily. If the Morphews owned the home free and clear without a mortgage, they may have seller financed to generate cash flow from the property.

Another name and address is on the STATEMENT for the tax bill. Morphews still shown as owners, which they will be until the owner financed note is paid in full. I didn't look, but I imagine the paperwork for that was filed in Hamilton County.

According to the tax statement, it looks like a family member bought it.

IMO

And once again, DM is using a map with the wrong house marked as the Morphew house. Same wrong one they used in the last article of theirs I read.

They are also wrong on how far the Morphew house is from Salida--not nine miles, but more like 15 miles from Salida to the Morphew house.

But, wow. If any of their other information is true, let's go, LE. Keep digging and bring Suzanne home.

Or maybe a large sum of money was already paid out for a ransom or to ensure Suzanne's safety -- and it's being kept secret ?
Because some people are very private with their lives.
It wouldn't be a crime to have paid someone a ransom and just not let LE know, right ?
I’m just having a hard time believing this kidnapping/ransom angle. It just sounds far fetched and almost like a movie. Are people really kidnapped for ransom like this? I guess it happens but it seems so highly unlikely. IMO

Things don't look good. :(
  • The 49-year-old has not been heard from since May 9 and a bike owned by the mother-of-two was recovered from a bridge close to her home on May 10
  • DailyMail.com has learned it was her daughters Mallory and Macy who first raised the alarm after they were unable to get hold of her on Mother’s Day
  • They asked neighbor Jeanne Ritter, 70, to check on Suzanne when they couldn’t get hold of her and it was Ritter who later called the police to report her missing
  • Suzanne’s husband Barry Morphew, 52, said he was away in Denver when she vanished - DailyMail.com can reveal he hasn't been allowed to enter the house
  • Police also have Barry's car and his cell phone
Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom | Daily Mail Online

bbm
Same.
If a random kidnapper seized her as she was riding (and it's looking like there might not have been a bike ride) ; there shouldn't be any reason whatsoever to take anything from the house; paperwork or other items.
Yeah, a random opportunistic kidnapper has gone way down my list of possibilities, actually now not on my list at all.
But a stalker, someone they had dealings with, such as a person who did work in the home.
For example, someone who has denied this, but an invoice would prove otherwise.

But, teenagers and barely-into-their-twenties people don't make actual phone calls, it's against the law of Digital Young People, or something. ;)
I get what you're saying though.
I'd like to know the actual confirmed last contact as well.

Yes, I think teens would text to a 911 number. Alexander Graham Bell must be turning in his grave.

Well they just answered a bunch of questions. As most of us thought... She was never seen on the bike, girls were on their way back from a camping trip and couldn't get a hold of mom. The neighbor called police after being asked by the girls to check in on their mom when she couldn't be reached. Now the question is, did the girls talk to mom the day before? Or when was the last time they talked? When did Barry last talk to her? And when did he leave for Denver? They said she just got cleared for cancer... Are these pictures updated? How old are the pics we are seeing? Is her hair short, is she tired? Did the girls make plans with their mom for that Mother's Day evening?

Now we wait - in the meantime - bringing these two twitters over from the last thread.
we may want to keep an eye on these two twitters

Gregory Nieto

-----
Comments from KDVR reporter, Gregory Nieto said the Chaffee sheriff is not releasing any details.

When asked about her cell phone, “No comment”.

Gregory Nieto
------

Lauren Scharf
------

Chaffee County Sheriff's Office

Everyone please read The Rules (linked in my signature). All members are expected to familiarize themselves with those rules (in this case The Rules: Social Media - Facebook, Twitter, etc)

Sleuthing anyone other than the victim or an officially named POI/suspect is NOT allowed. This includes their social media.
Thank you for this. I posted early this morning something from BM’s Instagram and didn’t realize they had to be “official named” POI/suspect. Sorry about that.

Yeah, a random opportunistic kidnapper has gone way down my list of possibilities, actually now not on my list at all.
But a stalker, someone they had dealings with, such as a person who did work in the home.
For example, someone who has denied this, but an invoice would prove otherwise.

That’s a good point. One thing to consider related to a stalker is that we are in just such odd times with Covid. It would be extremely hard to stalk someone now and not stick out in some capacity. Then, if it was a stalker they would have timed it exactly when the daughters were gone camping and the husband was out on a training trip. This could have potentially been the only window of time in months that the circumstances played out for SM to be alone.

Not impossible but seems to not be very probable.

Since no one is allowed into the house, it's also possible that Barry pointed out to LE to gather those documents?
Trying to look at all possibilities..
Possible. ^^^

Maybe someone worked for them and there's a record of payment made ?
And so BM said to LE : "You'll find payment receipts there in my desk; and you need to look at this person and ask him questions . He worked for us, and was a suspicious character !"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member