GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former PD and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's in the police report and also in Barhill's letter that Travis had his finger on the trigger. I don't know where in the thread it was posted, or which news source it's from but I've seen it here a few times. Imo

"While we know McMichael had his finger on the trigger," Barnhill writes,...

In Ahmaud Arbery Shooting, a George Zimmerman-Style Defense May Resonate With Georgia Jurors
In Ahmaud Arbery shooting, a George Zimmerman-style defense may resonate With Georgia jurors

Nor do I think TM was reckless, impulsive or irresponsible.
Good grief, look at the totality of what happened.

I have a commonly used "short cut" on my property in what is becoming a gentrified, upper middle class area. Most of the new residents are white professional types. We have had our share of porch pirates. My car was even rifled through once.

Would I be irresponsible if they next time I saw a white woman in trendy clothes walking a pedigree dog trespass through my short cut I.....

Scene I
- Load one of my weapons.
- Jump into my car (I do not have a pick up truck)
- Start chasing the woman while repeatedly trying to corner her. I never inform her why I am chasing her. At some point, I shout out: "I want to talk to you"- yeah, right. I might of also said "Stop running "b" "- but that is uncertain.

Scene II
- I eventually run her down and limit her escape options. I jump out of my car with my weapon in my hand and start moving towards her.
- When she reaches into her purse (reaching for a weapon?), I shoot her three times. She then dies at the scene.

Last edited:
@wgazawayWTOC
https://twitter.com/wgazawayWTOC

*Going back through 911 call logs regarding the unfinished home in the Ahmaud Arbery case. The only time the homeowner told police he thought someone was stealing from his home was Nov. 17 when this white couple is caught on cam. McMichaels chased Arbery, who is black
*Travis McMichael's sister called 911 on 5/11 because someone was at the door. She told the dispatcher, "I grabbed a gun and called you." Her mom did as well. Police came but not clear if they ever found anyone.
*The mom called back at 10:15 a.m. because "three masked men banged on my door." She says her neighbor had his gun and was trying to find out who it was. The armed neighbor confirmed it was three people with CNN, according to the 911 call. She says: "When will this end?"
*I mapped out the 9 thefts that have happened since May '19 in that neighborhood. This includes 3 at one home, all of which were attributed to the same white man by the victim, who lived in the Satilla Shores neighborhood at one point.
*Greg McMichael called the non-emergency line on 7/13/19 to say he thought some homeless man under a bridge may be responsible "for all these car break-ins we've had out here." He said this man is a "real shady fella." McMichael seemed to be suspicious of a lot of people.
*Greg McMichael confronted someone who he thought was responsible on 7/13/19, "a real shady fella", who may have been living under a bridge nearby. Here's part of the call; McMichael identified himself as the former chief investigator for the DA
Wright Gazaway on Twitter
*I have found no proof in 911 calls or incident reports that a black person was caught committing theft in Satilla Shores since 2019. However, a white man accused in three thefts, who's been in and out of prison for theft since 1994, lived .3 miles from the McMichaels.
*This 911 call came on 3/22/20 and shows the thefts in Satilla Shores have continued AFTER Ahmaud Arbery's death. The blacked-out name here is the same name that appears in the report above from June of 2019
*Travis McMichael called the 911 administrative line on 5/3/20 to report suspicious activity. What was it? A White car that drove by twice. "We haven't seen them in a few minutes," McMichael tells the dispatcher, who sent an officer to check it out. He'd be arrested 4 days later
upload_2020-5-20_17-54-52.jpeg

Attachments

• C45E8F7C-844D-4860-975B-8B6940112376.jpeg
    C45E8F7C-844D-4860-975B-8B6940112376.jpeg
    18.9 KB · Views: 11
  • E7319841-6CEC-472F-8889-57570041CF18.jpeg
    E7319841-6CEC-472F-8889-57570041CF18.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 0CE39AC9-F1CB-422F-AC9D-785A6EE6CD7E.jpeg
    0CE39AC9-F1CB-422F-AC9D-785A6EE6CD7E.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 9
  • D1C53043-90A1-45A7-8FBD-A0ADA64CF6E6.jpeg
    D1C53043-90A1-45A7-8FBD-A0ADA64CF6E6.jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 2AAC0248-9280-49B1-906A-3DB91E6C6D89.jpeg
    2AAC0248-9280-49B1-906A-3DB91E6C6D89.jpeg
    39.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 9F952BD1-3D55-4431-ACA9-605922343D5E.jpeg
    9F952BD1-3D55-4431-ACA9-605922343D5E.jpeg
    40.4 KB · Views: 9
  • CC4DB55A-8EC7-493B-8B81-A40BE49479BA.jpeg
    CC4DB55A-8EC7-493B-8B81-A40BE49479BA.jpeg
    34 KB · Views: 6
  • 5A569945-119B-4265-8ED0-E4E64E9EE832.jpeg
    5A569945-119B-4265-8ED0-E4E64E9EE832.jpeg
    41.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 62501FE0-5803-4103-B756-624555005021.jpeg
    62501FE0-5803-4103-B756-624555005021.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 6
Good grief, look at the totality of what happened.

I have a commonly used "short cut" on my property in what is becoming a gentrified, upper middle class area. Most of the new residents are white professional types.

Would I be irresponsible if they next time I saw a white woman in trendy excersize clothes walking a pedigree dog trespass through my short cut I.....

Scene I
- Load one of my weapons.
- Jump into my car (I do not have a pick up truck)
- Start chasing the woman while repeatedly trying to corner her. I never inform her why I am chasing her. At some point, I shout out: "I want to talk to you"- yeah, right. I might of also said "Stop running "b" "- but that is uncertain.

Scene II
- I eventually run her down and limit her escape options. I jump out of my car with my weapon and start moving towards her.
- When she reaches into her purse (reaching for a weapon?), I shoot her three times. She then dies at the scene.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Nor do I think TM was reckless, impulsive or irresponsible.
The fact that someone ended up dead as a result of his actions shows that he was reckless and irresponsible.

Seeing a man running down the road and immediately grabbing a gun and chasing him sounds pretty impulsive to me. And not too bright, either.

Imo

My point is I don't think AA should have even have been put in the situation and having to make those decisions in the first place.

The McMichaels also had options. The option to not pursue in the first place. The option to not grab a gun. The option to not continue pursuit for 4 minutes. Many options.

But apparently AA was the one who made the wrong decision.

MOO
Exactly. They set this in motion, when they did not have to. They are responsible. Nothing else is relevant, though they'll probably get off. So I hope there is a massive wrongful death suit in their future. May they lose the shirts off their backs for this recklessness.

Last edited:
Can you please point out in that very grainy, unstabalized video, where exactly TM "had his finger already on the trigger"?

The information about Travis McMichael having his finger on the trigger comes directly from DA Barnhill's oh so unusual letter providing his opinions of the case and presumably based on the stories provided by the Ms, the police report and the autopsy report. Those communications from Barnhill to the new DA it landed on after him can be found linked throughout this and the last thread. In addition a simple google search revealed several links quoting that written statement from Barnhill.

I hope that helps.

The fact that someone ended up dead as a result of his actions shows that he was reckless and irresponsible.

Seeing a man running down the road and immediately grabbing a gun and chasing him sounds pretty impulsive to me. And not too bright, either.

Imo
I guess we’ll let a jury decide that now, won’t we?

At 01:10.

He was arrested, plead guilty and received 5 years probation.

Which means he was on probation at the time of the February incident. IMO, that changes things up a bit.

MOO.

I'm confused. So he received 5 years probation for the illegal gun when he was 19 at a football game AND another 5 years for allegedly shoplifting in 2017?

"While we know McMichael had his finger on the trigger," Barnhill writes,...

In Ahmaud Arbery Shooting, a George Zimmerman-Style Defense May Resonate With Georgia Jurors
In Ahmaud Arbery shooting, a George Zimmerman-style defense may resonate With Georgia jurors

There are similarities: In both cases bullies chasing a black man who was minding his own business-- going into a construction site (trespassing) was not of sufficient criminal activity as to warrant a citizens arrest: the bully catches up with the man they are chasing, who gets into a scuffle to try and stop the bully from hurting him: in the case of Arbery, the bully had a gun: in the case of Trayvon Martin, the bully had a gun, but Martin did not know that: they got into a scuffle which would most likely have ended with both being hurt, but no one getting killed: but Zimmerman had the game changer, as did McMichael: a gun. now both young black men are dead. Zimmerman was acquitted with a successful self defense argument and it could happen in this case as well.

@wgazawayWTOC
Wright Gazaway (@wgazawayWTOC) | Twitter

*Going back through 911 call logs regarding the unfinished home in the Ahmaud Arbery case. The only time the homeowner told police he thought someone was stealing from his home was Nov. 17 when this white couple is caught on cam. McMichaels chased Arbery, who is black
*Travis McMichael's sister called 911 on 5/11 because someone was at the door. She told the dispatcher, "I grabbed a gun and called you." Her mom did as well. Police came but not clear if they ever found anyone.
*The mom called back at 10:15 a.m. because "three masked men banged on my door." She says her neighbor had his gun and was trying to find out who it was. The armed neighbor confirmed it was three people with CNN, according to the 911 call. She says: "When will this end?"
*I mapped out the 9 thefts that have happened since May '19 in that neighborhood. This includes 3 at one home, all of which were attributed to the same white man by the victim, who lived in the Satilla Shores neighborhood at one point.
*Greg McMichael called the non-emergency line on 7/13/19 to say he thought some homeless man under a bridge may be responsible "for all these car break-ins we've had out here." He said this man is a "real shady fella." McMichael seemed to be suspicious of a lot of people.
*Greg McMichael confronted someone who he thought was responsible on 7/13/19, "a real shady fella", who may have been living under a bridge nearby. Here's part of the call; McMichael identified himself as the former chief investigator for the DA
Wright Gazaway on Twitter
*I have found no proof in 911 calls or incident reports that a black person was caught committing theft in Satilla Shores since 2019. However, a white man accused in three thefts, who's been in and out of prison for theft since 1994, lived .3 miles from the McMichaels.
*This 911 call came on 3/22/20 and shows the thefts in Satilla Shores have continued AFTER Ahmaud Arbery's death. The blacked-out name here is the same name that appears in the report above from June of 2019
*Travis McMichael called the 911 administrative line on 5/3/20 to report suspicious activity. What was it? A White car that drove by twice. "We haven't seen them in a few minutes," McMichael tells the dispatcher, who sent an officer to check it out. He'd be arrested 4 days later
View attachment 247610

Thank you for taking the time to find and post this (and so much else) information.

AA wouldn't have had an opportunity to take the gun if the gun wasn't pointed at him in the first place!

I just feel like so much emphasis is being put on why AA shouldn't have (supposedly) tried to take the gun when he didn't create the situation he was reacting to it and why can't he try to defend himself but they can?

MOO

My bold above has been my thought through most of this. First, imo the injury to his wrist was the first shot and in slowing things down on the video it happens almost the instant Arbery reaches the front of the truck and goes out of sight. So if the gun wasn't pointed at him, say in the air or at the ground, how did he get hit? If Travis had it pointed toward Arbery as he appeared from the side of the truck and was so startled (remember his 911 on the 11th where he "saw the guy reach in his pocket" and was startled) that he fired that first shot as a reflex without even thinking. It hit Arbery's wrist which made him automatically start trying to get the weapon away.

This is kind of weird and I've never had a weapon pointed at me in real life. But I have had dreams where a gun is pointed at me and every single time my reaction is to try and grab it. Luckily I alway get it away and am able to wake up alive. :D

When I had shotgun pointed at me the gun was at waist level point blank while my now ex husband explained his reasons for my termination. As soon as he stopped talking I grabbed and pushed the gun muzzle down. His finger was on trigger do he shot his foot. AA was shot in chest that means gun was at shoulder level in hunting mode. Had a hand gun pointed at me I could not defend myself against that. But for sure a long gun I would grab.

I find it hard to believe that “most people” would feel comfortable entering a stranger’s property without permission.
I have had people enter my own home while under construction while I was there checking on it! Not only that but while I'm there, in front of my face they continue to go through the house thinking that I'm a lookiloo also. Finally, they figure out "oh is this your house?" and then, "oh you don't mind do you?" um..yeah.
This has happened on more than one occasion in more than one home being built...when I had to get a key to go in.

Last edited:
When I had shotgun pointed at me the gun was at waist level point blank while my now ex husband explained his reasons for my termination. As soon as he stopped talking I grabbed and pushed the gun muzzle down. His finger was on trigger do he shot his foot. AA was shot in chest that means gun was at shoulder level in hunting mode. Had a hand gun pointed at me I could not defend myself against that. But for sure a long gun I would grab.
Wow. Sorry you experienced that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member