Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze stated that it is not unusual in these types of investigations to start at the home and extend outward, in an effort to seek clues surrounding the disappearance.

“The Morphew residence is just one of many areas of focus as part of this open investigation at this time,” officials with the sheriff’s office stated."
Search For Suzanne Morphew: Sheriff Says Search Warrant Is Sealed

It sounds like several warrants have been issued. Good to know LE is being thorough .

https://www.courts.state.co.us/Courts/County/Contact.cfm?County_ID=28

Chaffee County Sheriff John Spezze stated that it is not unusual in these types of investigations to start at the home and extend outward, in an effort to seek clues surrounding the disappearance.

To translate for the sheriff, he means "we are extending the investigation inward towards the home and family."

I don't have enough to go on to look there yet, so I wait.

Earlier we were trying to figure out what bridge the bike was on. In case anyone else missed where it was located the DM says it was found around 500 meters from SM's home.

Husband of missing Colorado mom Suzanne Morphew speaks out | Daily Mail Online

Morphew’s bike was reportedly recovered the day she disappeared, but there were no other clues to her whereabouts despite police deployment of drones and sniffer dogs.

Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office announced Friday they found something that could be her personal item on Thursday, but have not disclosed what it is.

It was found near the junction of County Road 225 and Highway 50 - around 500 meters from Morphew's home. A trail is located close by.

Many first responders take additional training to further their careers or just gain knowledge that is useful in their current positions. I don't know but maybe he was working toward eventually becoming a fire fighter paramedic attending EMT or paramedic certification or hazmat courses to further his firefighting career.

Just one possible example that I've located ... Denver Health Paramedics were holding an EMT orientation session on May 11 in Denver. Maybe it was cancelled but I haven't found anything to indicate it was.

So perhaps there is information out there that could exonerate or substantiate what has been claimed about being in Denver.

Wouldn't that have been checked out and cleared by now? 11 days in

Many first responders take additional training to further their careers or just gain knowledge that is useful in their current positions. I don't know but maybe he was working toward eventually becoming a fire fighter paramedic attending EMT or paramedic certification or hazmat courses to further his firefighting career.

Just one possible example that I've located ... Denver Health Paramedics were holding an EMT orientation session on May 11 in Denver. Maybe it was cancelled but I haven't found anything to indicate it was.

So perhaps there is information out there that could exonerate or substantiate what has been claimed about being in Denver.

Your scenario makes perfect sense, and I agree there may indeed be info that supports where he says he was.
But really, where does he say he was? So far, he hasn't been quoted at all, just some nameless "family" member.

To be honest, I'm not completely convinced he was in Denver on firefighter (volunteer or otherwise) related business at all.
This is one of those things that went sort of like this:

- Out of town
- Out of town on business
- Out of town on business in Denver
- Heavy.com lists his current occupation as a firefighter
- social media comments starts talking about firefighter related business in Denver
- social media morphs into being at some conference, training or seminar then...
- DM now on about him being out of town, in Denver, on a firefighter training course

All the while, it all originally sourced "the family" without ever actually naming anyone, who told this to the media.
And LE has said bupkiss about it.
So... who the heck knows where he really was?
I bet LE does. Anyway they should, by now.
They have his cell phone and his car, so it shouldn't take too much to know where at least those things were on Mother's Day weekend.

jmo

Is their home in a fire zone? Maybe he took this fire training for his own benefit to protect their home if a fire happened. Just speculating.
What fire training? Where has it been verified where he was that weekend? If he’s a volunteer firefighter presently then he would know what to do if his home caught on fire. Has it been verified he was at a training? Thanks in advance.

So far, everything is pointing in one direction. I hope it's not who I think it is. :(

Police search and carry out evidence bags from the $1.5M home of missing Colorado mom - Internewscast

But DailyMail.com can now reveal that Morphew, 52, has not been allowed to enter the home he shared with Suzanne since he returned from his trip to Denver.

Police also have his car and his cell phone
bbm
Thanks, this is new.

I'd assumed he was able to enter his home when he wanted to but was staying at the friend's for some reason.
Moral support ?
But to do a 180 degree , one would think if she'd been kidnapped that the husband would want to stay in the home in case she returned ?

But now we know he was barred from the house.
I think LE have investigated all avenues and are light years ahead of us.
I think most of what LE don't have, is Suzanne herself.
Imo.

Last edited:

There also exists the possibility that he was required to complete some sort of training that falls within an expiration date. I know with COVID many other things have been lax but perhaps some necessary training in a timely manner might also be mandatory. He may also have been going for additional training and or certification given our pandemic circumstances. Perhaps he sought additional training and certification to serve us during these times. IMO

Your scenario makes perfect sense, and I agree there may indeed be info that supports where he says he was.
But really, where does he say he was? So far, he hasn't been quoted at all, just some nameless "family" member.

To be honest, I'm not completely convinced he was in Denver on firefighter (volunteer or otherwise) related business at all.
This is one of those things that went sort of like this:

- Out of town
- Out of town on business
- Out of town on business in Denver
- Heavy.com lists his current occupation as a firefighter
- social media comments starts talking about firefighter related business in Denver
- social media morphs into being at some conference, training or seminar then...
- DM now on about him being out of town, in Denver, on a firefighter training course

All the while, it all originally sourced "the family" without ever actually naming anyone, who told this to the media.
And LE has said bupkiss about it.
So... who the heck knows where he really was?
I bet LE does. Anyway they should, by now.
They have his cell phone and his car, so it shouldn't take too much to know where at least those things were on Mother's Day weekend.

jmo
THIS✔✔✔

Last edited:
I'm confused? He was on the property right before CSI came to search? Protocol? Even with the house cordoned off?

We don't know that order of events. The CSI wasn't reported to be there until...when? Certainly not the first night or the second day or the third. It was more like the 7th day, so I think it was recent (they were waiting for a warrant).

Where did you hear that the house was cordoned off before the CSI people arrived with their warrant? There were locals who said they didn't see cordoning, IIRC (here on WS).

I am assuming that when they came with a proper warrant (and he did not know when they would arrive, obviously) he then vacated the premises as requested.

I personally don't think they can "cordon off a house" without legal action, like a warrant. So he had a right to be there and was there, at his own home.

<bbm>

If so, had they called someone to repair the system?
I don't know.
Speculating : LE must have investigated this possibility and checked with the security cam. provider.
As well as any financial issues with what they had available.
Did they owe any outstanding debt ?
My .02 is that with the reward offered they weren't in any financial straits.
That's not always clear, though.
I doubt Suzanne's vanishing had to do with anything financially related.
Just considering theories.

I think that by now LE know a great deal but have been tight- lipped.

We don't know that order of events. The CSI wasn't reported to be there until...when? Certainly not the first night or the second day or the third. It was more like the 7th day, so I think it was recent (they were waiting for a warrant).

Where did you hear that the house was cordoned off before the CSI people arrived with their warrant? There were locals who said they didn't see cordoning, IIRC (here on WS).

I am assuming that when they came with a proper warrant (and he did not know when they would arrive, obviously) he then vacated the premises as requested.

I personally don't think they can "cordon off a house" without legal action, like a warrant. So he had a right to be there and was there, at his own home.
The video posted earlier on here taken by a driver/blogger who recorde the trip up the road and out 3 miles to the CT trailhead, also showed tape where something was found (closer to the main road) and showed the road up to the house blocked off. This was from Sunday, so it has been blocked at least since then. .

It seems it would be virtually impossible to get in or out of this area in either direction without a CDOT camera capturing it. I'm sure this has been very helpful to police verifying alibis and vehicles near where SM went missing. JMO. I've attached a screenshot of the camera locations in the surrounding area along with a link to the info.

Road Conditions, Speeds, Travel Times, Traffic Cameras, Live Streaming Traffic Cameras, Road Closures and Road Work Information provided by Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) a branch of Colorado Department of Transportation

Do you know if these cameras actually record ? They don't in my area.

ETA: The CDOT website says their cameras do NOT record. This is a big disappointment

CDOT Offers Travelers New Tool to Avoid Delays by Searching for Road Work on their Routes
"...Other features on COtrip include a real-time CDOT snowplow tracker, current conditions, speeds and estimated delays on CDOT-maintained roads, and a comprehensive map pinpointing construction, with access to CDOT's cameras. (Note: CDOT's cameras do not record.)"

Last edited:
This case reminds me a lot of one I saw on dateline(or 20/20?) that I can not remember the name of. A woman was going to leave her husband but then came back to him after her lover chose to stay with his wife. They eventually found her body in a creek and charged the husband. NOT insinuating that’s what happened there but what makes them so similar is I swear the house looked just like theirs and the area was similar. In that case her trail ended at a bridge (her husband said she went for walk) and it took a while to find her despite her not being far from home at all.

I was curious about the tshirt that BM is wearing in a photo in DM article.

28619682-8340119-image-a-58_1589980599067.jpg

Apparently 'Nine Line' brand tshirt with the 'Drop Line' logo has the following meaning:

Basic Tee - Nine Line Drop

The Drop Line is iconic to the Nine Line brand. When Tyler Merritt, one of our founders, was a Black Hawk pilot in the army, and one of his primary objectives was to utilize the Nine Line medevac to remove injured soldiers from the battlefield. The Drop Line symbolizes this evac situation, with the helicopter at the top, and the rope coming down into the Nine Line name. It represents our company's veteran roots, and our giveback mentality as a company, always striving to be our brothers' keeper. Get one of our most popular tees today!

Question: Is BM a vet?
Great sleuthing post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members