Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case reminds me a lot of one I saw on dateline(or 20/20?) that I can not remember the name of. A woman was going to leave her husband but then came back to him after her lover chose to stay with his wife. They eventually found her body in a creek and charged the husband. NOT insinuating that’s what happened there but what makes them so similar is I swear the house looked just like theirs and the area was similar. In that case her trail ended at a bridge (her husband said she went for walk) and it took a while to find her despite her not being far from home at all.

Stepanie Roller case in Silverthorne.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Law enforcement owes us nothing, and we aren’t entitled to information that could compromise an ongoing investigation. If they need help, they ask for it. Apparently they don’t need help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes in Silverthorne
I was living in Breckenridge then ... they were locals though and had been there and assimilated for years into summit county
No one knew these people
THey were the typical transplants
Huge difference between summit county and where the morphews lived where it’s much more desert and Airbnb houses
Not a local community network there
Very few locals in salida even knew of them
Are you replying to my comment about the similar case? Do you remember the name of the woman?

Still no news after 10 full days ?? No press conferences...............no updates ?? No nothing from the "authorities"?

To everybody that reads this.........this is YOUR fault. Somewhere along the way, the police decided that the public didn't have the right to know anything, the exact opposite of the way it's supposed to work. Citizens and the public let it continue, always assuming that the police and law enforcement knew best, and were told as much. Now, due to the evolution of F. U. to the public....the cops do whatever they want, whenever they want, and they'll give you details whenever they're ready, or............they won't give you any details at all. ( It's none of your business) This is a trend that's been going on for 30 years now. The cops force it on the public......the sheeple.........keep accepting it. This is NOT THE WAY a public funded law enforcement entity was designed to work. As I was warned and instructed to do BY Websleuths moderators who sent me messages.............this is MY OPINION ONLY.

I am not aware of the purported thirty (30) year trend you mention, so I can't comment. What I will say is that it isn't easy to persuade a judge to seal a search warrant. As I mentioned earlier, the police in this case would have had to demonstrate by clear and convincing evidence that there is a substantial risk of injury to persons or property if an order to seal is not granted. In the context of a missing person investigation, that should give everyone a great deal of pause.

That's right and after 9 days it certainly doesn't look like they are moving on.:eek:
I suspect they are having a hard time eliminating someone. I mean it’s been 10 days. Surely alibi has been either proven or disproven and cell data examined, yet, someone hasn’t been cleared. I would sincerely hope that LE would quell the finger pointing, IF they could. They did in the HB case. I guess they can’t, yet, and that’s why they aren’t moving on.
JMHO

Last edited:
Actually, how would the nephew know what the bike's condition was? I'm thinking he wanted to know, hence the pressure.

I believe the bike was located within hours of SM reported missing. Seems to me that if LE would not tell the husband (i.e., the nephew too) about the condition of the bike, what makes him think that the Sheriff would give this information to the public -- pressure or not? That doesn't follow.

Looks like ground level to me. I can picture someone with a long lense crouching in the woods somewhere. Most of them aren’t perfectly clear.

I totally didn't think of that, you're right ...
220984-ec44049e399c3d85a448967fc0cbb61f.jpg

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Maybe law enforcement have more information that we realize ?
Also bringing in the fbi would indicate a crime has occurred.
She is (apparently) not lost, victim to an animal attack, and it would appear that LE have ruled out an abduction while biking.
Where does that leave us ?
We don't even know if and when she was out riding her bicycle.

Ha, my first thought.

Sounded like they wanted to create a "feel sorry for barry" "oh poor barry" type thing with the statement.

The dude put up 100k in a day, has a G f m for 50k....he can buy a new phone.
Who knows ?
Family, friends and so forth are 'circling the wagons', maybe even as we speak.

I must be hard-hearted as I'd have some serious questions if the spouse of my good friend or family member went missing.
No coddling and you'd better be fully cooperating with LE.

LE have not said husband was not cooperating, so that's good.
Maybe I'd expect them to appear with LE at a presser and take questions and give out what information they could ?

Ha, my first thought.

Sounded like they wanted to create a "feel sorry for barry" "oh poor barry" type thing with the statement.

The dude put up 100k in a day, has a G f m for 50k....he can buy a new phone.

My dad never uses his cell phone and my mom and I constantly have to remind him to take it golfing or out with him on errands. I don’t don’t find it odd that he has not replaced it. If he doesn’t use it much it may not be important to replace.

My dad never uses his cell phone and my mom and I constantly have to remind him to take it golfing or out with him on errands. I don’t don’t find it odd that he has not replaced it. If he doesn’t use it much it may not be important to replace.
Ummmm, what if his missing wife tries to call him?

I am not aware of the purported thirty (30) year trend you mention, so I can't comment. What I will say is that it isn't easy to persuade a judge to seal a search warrant. As I mentioned earlier, the police in this case would have had to demonstrate by clear and convincing evidence that there is a substantial risk of injury to persons or property if an order to seal is not granted. In the context of a missing person investigation, that should give everyone a great deal of pause.
This is interesting. I can only see a potential risk of injury to (1) Suzanne; and/or (2) any person(s) who supplied incriminating evidence in support of the warrant application.

It appeared or appears to me that in the beginning, a lot of time was spent searching in areas where they found the bike and then the personal item.
Possibly what the perp was hoping for.

And only now they are getting to the house and hopefully surrounding area.

I wonder if they've found her phone and if so, where.

JMO but what difference does it make what he was doing in Denver? Someone says he was in Denver when his wife went missing. Correction, when she was “reported” missing. We don’t know when she went missing. If she actually went missing on the 8th sometime or even early on the 9th, being in Denver on the 9th & 10th isn’t really an alibi, is it?

First post. Hello to all

Have read a lot of posts but nowhere near all of them but I see a lot of people mentioning suicide as a possibility. Im my opinion, from all that we know at the very minimum she has two daughters who clearly love her and it seems like the three of them must be very close if it only took a few hours for the daughter’s to become concerned that their mom hadn’t called or texted back.

My point is that even if she was suicidal, would she kill herself on basically Mother’s Day of all days knowing not only was she leaving her children with no mom but on the exact day which celebrates Mother’s?

To me, it seems like the most remote of remote possibilities that she would willingly choose to do this to her two daughters who clearly love her so much.

Anyways, let’s hope the next update will be something good I guess and hello again to everyone

Do we know what time Barry got back home on Sunday night?
If the house has just recently been shut down, did Barry stay there a few nights after returning home before LE wouldn’t let him stay?

it would seem to me that Barry could look around her closet and clothes to see what biking outfit was missing. Most husbands know what their wives bike in.

For the bike to be found sitting up, that tells me it was staged. Had she encountered a person on the trail, she would not have walked off and left the bike and helmet. If she was forced off the bike, I would have left my helmet on for protection and left the bike laying down so passerbyers would realize something had happened.

<modsnip: There is nothing in MSM to support this statement>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members