GA - Ahmaud Arbery, 25, jogger, fatally shot by former PD and son, Brunswick, Feb 2020 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectfully, Barnhill isn't the jury.

A jury doesn't convict or acquit on feels or emotions. They convict or acquit on facts.

This is an ongoing investigation and 99% of the folks in here already have TM and GM sitting in ole sparky or in front of a firing squad.

We all already know of a similar case that seems to be going in the direction of this one and it went 180 degrees from which people were expecting.
No, he won't be on the jury but his statements can be used as evidence in a trial.

His opinions were clearly biased and he came up with plenty of excuses to justify the murder. It's almost as if he were trying to cover up details about the reasons behind the shooting.

Imo

I find it hard to believe that “most people” would feel comfortable entering a stranger’s property without permission.

Agree.
I won't even enter my neighbors yard unless he invites me over.

Regardless the reason that people feel it's ok to enter on someone's property and meander around a half built house, it's still a crime.

I remember back in high school some friends of mine were riding dirt bikes on private property.
Granted, this property WAS in fact posted "no trespassing", and they were confronted on one other occasion about 3 months prior.

One of the boys got a backside full of rock salt from a 20ga, cops were called and both spent the weekend in jail.....for trespassing on private property.

Respectfully, Barnhill isn't the jury.

A jury doesn't convict or acquit on feels or emotions. They convict or acquit on facts.

This is an ongoing investigation and 99% of the folks in here already have TM and GM sitting in ole sparky or in front of a firing squad.

We all already know of a similar case that seems to be going in the direction of this one and it went 180 degrees from which people were expecting.

Moo

Emotions are always part of any trial, whether
tney should be or not---:

CRITICAL QUOTE
"This devastating case and alarming video brought a national spotlight to our beloved home state,” the lawmakers wrote. "For these reasons no stone should be left unturned in ensuring a fair, thorough, and lawful process. Justice cannot exist in a democracy that does not fiercely enforce equality under the law."

Entire Georgia House Delegation Asks Feds For Help With Ahmaud Arbery Case

It really makes me sick that there are people on this thread that continue to place blame on the victim, AA. And stating as a fact that he’s dead because he “grabbed” a gun. THEY STALKED AND CORNERED HIM. (MOO, but video also backs that up, so that’s a FACT). He had no other choice but to defend himself. HE showed self defense. Not the two morons that chased him down the road guns a blazin’. The point is, they had no right to shoot him dead in the middle of the road. He didn’t steal anything. He wasn’t hurting anyone. He was out for a jog. STOP blaming the victim! How would you feel if your brother or uncle or son were shot dead in cold blood while doing something they did often, and it was posted about on a forum like this and people kept blaming HIM for his death? I know we all aren’t going to have the same opinion.. but damn.. why do people keep saying what he did was wrong and because he grabbed the gun he deserved (what’s being implied) to die. He had his whole life ahead of him. And it was ended because 2 idiots decided to take the “law” into their own hands. All because of what AA looked like. This world disgusts me. This is supposed to be a victim friendly site.. and it’s disappointed me in this thread because there is no reason whatsoever that AA should be blamed for his death. His past has nothing to do with the day he was killed.

As always, MOO.

i could not have said it better!!!!

Their actions consist of spending approximately four minutes driving down the road after him, repeatedly calling out to stop because they wanted to talk to him, and then TM getting out of the truck holding a shotgun pointed away from him.

Does that really "invoke an assault"?

There's a breakdown of the video on YT where the poster has enhanced the video and slowed it down. His voiceover, while the video is running is that AA purposely ran toward TM after choosing fight rather than flight.

However, reviewing the video after posting it on YT, the creator has included a written correction on his interpretation of what he sees on the video.

He initially says that at 9:30 onscreen, AA raises his arms in submission when he sees the shotgun TM is holding. His correction, however, is that it is not AA raising his arms into submission but it's TM RAISING THE SHOTGUN which causes AA to run to the right. I concur with what he sees.

Unfortunately, the amendment is not included in the audio portion. I would think that many people don't read his correction and concur with his original assertion that AA is the aggressor. I also believe the creator of the video is just fine with that.

You can see that GM is also facing AA, with a phone in his left hand. It's difficult to see whether he is holding a weapon at that point in time.

Even mice, when cornered, will stand up on their hind legs facing their predator as a last ditch effort for survival.

I don't fault AA for what he did. I also don't think his run-ins with the law have any relevance at the time of his death.

The same thinking that got Travis standing in a public road trying to detain Arbery with a shotgun, will be the same thinking that supports him now. Travis had no right to try to retain Arbery. Even if is father was some how corruptly given quasi color of law by Rash, Travis was not.
He just assumed a black man should stop and submit to him.
And backed that assumption with threat of death.
It takes third of a second to raise a shotgun barrel and you don't need to aim much. Actually pointing a shotgun at someone is pretty much moot if have your finger on the trigger and safety off. The threat is .03 seconds the same.

Do you understand that criminals who steal guns are not going to leave them on the firearm?

I interpreted 'leave them' as 'them' being the serial numbers. If I'm incorrect, I apologize.
That isn't always the case. I know a gun shop owner who was robbed in the middle of the night. They were in and out in less than five minutes. (Yes, he had an alarm system and cameras). They drove a truck through the front door to get in. Over 20 guns were stolen. I ask him on occasion whether any guns have been recovered. For awhile, none were. It's been years by now since the robbery happened, but several,
with the serial numbers still on them, have been recovered in other states and in the District of Columbia. The thieves, as far as I know, have not been caught.

Last edited:
I have a question for those who have said they've entered a residential construction site as a home was being built-without the permission of the builder or owner. Did you walk through the house or observe from just outside of the structure? Did you explore the construction during daylight hours our after dark?

As an adult, I have entered new builds to check out the layouts. I am in a recently built home, one of many, and it was a common occurrence to see people driving around the subdivision, after the workers had left, checking out the size of the basements (if they had walkouts, since there were no stairs from the ground floor). No one seemed suspicious to me, where I thought they were casing the buildings.

As a child, my friends and I entered new builds (this was in England) and old, vacant buildings. Why? Because kids are curious. It didn't make me a criminal. I also sneaked into movie theatres to watch another movie after the one I paid for ended.

There's whole YT videos dedicated to filming abandoned shopping malls, derelict automobile factories and forgotten mansions. Its a fascinating element to the human condition.

I don't believe anyone's been shot for doing it, though.

As an adult, I have entered new builds to check out the layouts. I am in a recently built home, one of many, and it was a common occurrence to see people driving around the subdivision, after the workers had left, checking out the size of the basements (if they had walkouts, since there were no stairs from the ground floor). No one seemed suspicious to me, where I thought they were casing the buildings.

As a child, my friends and I entered new builds (this was in England) and old, vacant buildings. Why? Because kids are curious. It didn't make me a criminal. I also sneaked into movie theatres to watch another movie after the one I paid for ended.

There's whole YT videos dedicated to filming abandoned shopping malls, derelict automobile factories and forgotten mansions. Its a fascinating element to the human condition.

Yes, until now - IMO

Also this construction site was not moving along. Why didn't Rash suggest some NO Trespassing signs rather than calling a retired LE neighbor?

When you have a field and people are used to walking across it and you want them to stop, the first step is signs.

It looks like the GBI has been busy with search warrants:

State police search home of suspects in Ahmaud Arbery's killing - CNN

My guess is that they are looking for the weapons- the shotgun in particular.

They might also be looking for cell phones etc with communication that might support 'party to' charges against others.

My vague impression is that any possible communication would have to be pretty direct i.e., TM or GM directly informed them that the trespasser would be confronted with weapons. Or, they informed the other party that they would do "what ever it took" to stop the trespassing. The other party then agreed to assist.

Other possible communication of interest would be say, any messages that advocate an over kill response to some trespassers, but not others.

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe that “most people” would feel comfortable entering a stranger’s property without permission.

Agree.
I won't even enter my neighbors yard unless he invites me over.

Regardless the reason that people feel it's ok to enter on someone's property and meander around a half built house, it's still a crime.

I remember back in high school some friends of mine were riding dirt bikes on private property.
Granted, this property WAS in fact posted "no trespassing", and they were confronted on one other occasion about 3 months prior.

One of the boys got a backside full of rock salt from a 20ga, cops were called and both spent the weekend in jail.....for trespassing on private property.
TM admitted he had his finger on the trigger.
I have had people enter my own home while under construction while I was there checking on it! Not only that but while I'm there, in front of my face they continue to go through the house thinking that I'm a lookiloo also. Finally, they figure out "oh is this your house?" and then, "oh you don't mind do you?" um..yeah.
This has happened on more than one occasion in more than one home being built...when I had to get a key to go in.

Yes. And even if their aren't any "no trespassing" signs posted, do you think The Karen's are going to sue for stepping on a rusty nail, twisting an an ankle or breaking a hip after tripping on some 2x4's? Better believe they will try!

I grew up in New England and did the same with new construction. I'd always check out the lay out and look around. Never took anything or destroyed anything. Mr English has videos of others including two young boys checking out his home under construction. None of them were bothered that I've read.

I grew up in New England and did the same with new construction. I'd always check out the lay out and look around. Never took anything or destroyed anything. Mr English has videos of others including two young boys checking out his home under construction. None of them were bothered that I've read.

I was taught that snooping around and trespassing on other people's property was in very poor taste. I see times have changed in regards to private property, and so have the crime statistics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member