Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be an obvious point, but a great deal hinges on whether she did in fact go for a bike ride that day. If she did, then it is obviously far more likely that this is either a stranger crime or an accident of some kind. If she did not go for a ride that day, then it is almost certainly the husband, in my opinion (for reasons I've laid out in a previous post).

As for whether the neighbor saw her head out for a ride, I would like to scrutinize the police statement a bit more carefully. Where can one see that again? Further, there was a good post on a previous page that argued that it probably wasn't even physically possible for a neighbor to have seen her head out for such a ride.

Now, just because no one saw her head out for a ride doesn't mean she didn't do so, but it does place that entire narrative under question.

IMO this is not entirely accurate. I would suggest pulling up SM's address on google earth and take a look around

BBM

I think J. M. Bee is referring to a post I made, so let me clarify. I don't think it is probable that the neighbor JR, who is mentioned in msm, would have seen SM leave her home for a bike ride. The two are not on the same access road, and are across the river and through the trees. JR's house is higher in elevation than the Morphew house, and it is possible there is a viewpoint or two through the trees where JR could see the Morphew house, or their driveway, or Puma Path. Of course, then JR would have to be in a position on her property to see through the trees when SM left for her bike ride.

Possible, but not probable, in my estimation. My previous post had nothing to do with any other neighbor except JR, because she is the named neighbor who supposedly went to check on SM, and called 911.

JR's story of what happened and when and how is still clear as mud to me.

There is another neighbor with a driveway on Puma Path who would be more likely to see SM riding her bike. As far as I know, they have not been named in any msm. According to the county assessor website, that house is owned by someone with an out of the area address.

One of the two houses on County Road 225, the section of road from Puma Path to Hwy 50, is also owned by someone with an out of the area address.

With out of town owners, these last two houses may well be unoccupied at this time. I do not know.

The other house may well have a view of County Road 225 between Fooses Creek and S Arkansas River, but I don't know that for sure.

No neighbors of the Morphews except for JR have been mentioned in msm, as far as I know. So she's the only one I was speaking about.

UnderWhelmed405, I'd love to hear more explanation from you regarding your statement to go to Google Earth and look around the neighborhood. What should we be looking for?

Not disputing the possibility that someone 2 hours away could have returned surreptitiously, but I doubt a rental car would be involved. I don't believe you can rent a car with a fake name, and without proper ID. With this in the news, if that someone rented a car with their own ID, I would think it would have been called in. (maybe it has been, you never know).
A stolen car would be very risky, there would be an alert for a stolen car, and I doubt that an individual would replace plates.....unless something was planned way in advance in order to secure fake plates.
I agree completely, I think the more likely alternative would be to use your own car and take your chances, leave in the dark of night, and if seen claim to be returning for some reason other than malicious intent. As also stated above, one could use a friends car...as long as the friend doesn't become suspicious or connect the dots later.

I've my pet theory, my pet perp....I'm not attached to either per se

However, given the evidence & LE's actions I do NOT believe it is

1) ransom
2) abduction or otherwise outside of house

I DO believe:

1) a crime occurred in the house
2) the bike is staging

So, I mused on what IF the bike isn't staging - what scenario could have occurred wherein SM was indeed on a bike ride (& I admit this is far fetched - I just like to try to disprove myself lol) but a crime occurred in the home....

What IF SM was out riding her bike, someone she knows/trusts finds her & is panicked & tells her something to the effect: 'hurry, quick somethings happened to 'fill in the blank'....SM forgets all about her bike etc & they go to her house together - a crime occurs, because that was the person's intent from the get-go...the rest: I don't know, aside from personal belongings would have been tossed AFTER the crime at the house.

Now, why in the heck would any perp go to those lengths......?? Not saying there couldn't be motivation, just find it all highly unlikely & convoluted

Just an idea - trying to connect why LE is focused on the house IF the bike isn't staging....

I still think the bike is staging lol ;)

JMO

Over the years, I've come to the conclusion that WS members think about the verbiage in articles WAY more than the journalists who wrote them. I'm not saying I disagree with your thoughts on "reportedly," but just sharing a random thought I have about our interpretations of the data we get to discuss.
Probable because WSers have more time on their hands than the journalists do. LOL LOL MOO MOO MOO

Another thought I have. With the girls having been gone for their own adventure, why did Suzanne not go to Denver with Dennis for the Mother’s Day week-end? A wonderful romantic weekend for just the two of them. Denver would have many things for Suzanne to do while Dennis was busy at his meetings and training. They could go out for dinner and the evening, or if the meeting ran late, go out for drinks.
I always loved going away on hubby’s weekends.
Dennis?

Another thought I have. With the girls having been gone for their own adventure, why did Suzanne not go to Denver with Dennis for the Mother’s Day week-end? A wonderful romantic weekend for just the two of them. Denver would have many things for Suzanne to do while Dennis was busy at his meetings and training. They could go out for dinner and the evening, or if the meeting ran late, go out for drinks.
I always loved going away on hubby’s weekends.
BBM
COVID-19?

I took the DOC being called in because they are the dog handlers. Often a Department of Corrections maintains teams of dogs to be used for tracking purposes. I think the purpose is typically to track escaped inmates or wanted persons. Or detect drugs. BUT - they can also be used to search for missing children or adults or people will dementia who may have wandered off from their homes - (and I believe that service is free of charge although I can't find an article on that right now). The dogs and officers of the tracking team would be well-trained so it makes sense that they would bring them in for a missing person search.

I'm not sure about the local prison system, but I know many prison systems have their own breeding program to supply dogs to the team of officers. So I don't read anything into DOC being part of the search other than they supplied the dogs and their handlers/officers to help search the area.

ETA: I pulled this up from Georgia's DOC, but you get the idea:
Canine Operations | The Georgia Department of Corrections

The Canine Unit is responsible for enhancing public safety throughout the State of Georgia by providing prompt and effective canine support for the GDC, public schools, and local, state and federal law enforcement agencies. The Canine Unit currently houses, trains, and deploys tracking and trailing canines, narcotic detection canines, cell phone detection canines, and explosive detection canines to support this diverse mission.

You are correct. The Colorado Department of Corrections maintains a training program for search and rescue dogs at it's main Canon City prison, and it has a crack team of search and rescue dogs. The Chaffee County Sheriff's Department has specifically identified the assistance of the Canon City unit, which is documented in the timeline info of this thread.
CCi - Colorado Cell Dogs — Prison Trained Dog Program — coloradocelldogs

I agree completely, I think the more likely alternative would be to use your own car and take your chances, leave in the dark of night, and if seen claim to be returning for some reason other than malicious intent. As also stated above, one could use a friends car...as long as the friend doesn't become suspicious or connect the dots later.
Depending on how much planning goes into a crime, someone with malicious intent could easily obtain fake ID and credit cards to use to rent a vehicle without it being flagged. I would assume this would be even easier for a person with plenty of financial resources.

You are correct. The Colorado Department of Corrections maintains a training program for search and rescue dogs at it's main Canon City prison, and it has a crack team of search and rescue dogs. The Chaffee County Sheriff's Department has specifically identified the assistance of the Canon City unit, which is documented in the timeline info of this thread.
CCi - Colorado Cell Dogs — Prison Trained Dog Program — coloradocelldogs

With your comment in mind, it seems reasonable to conclude that there wasn't any scent to track otherwise the tracking dogs would have had hit upon SM's scent. Why wouldn't there be any scent one wonders, it is not that the scent had days to dissipate?

Just quickly jumping in to say Nancy Grace podcast is new today and talking about Suzanne again! Didn’t know if this was already mentioned because I’m behind!

I’m listening now, and will post if I hear something new!

Depending on how much planning goes into a crime, someone with malicious intent could easily obtain fake ID and credit cards to use to rent a vehicle without it being flagged. I would assume this would be even easier for a person with plenty of financial resources.
easily? how so? asking for a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member