VA - Cassandra Pizzi, 33, Found Murdered - Roanoke - 27 March 2020

Vail

Justice for Kara & Jessica
Reaction score
ec0ec76e-a6e7-4582-a8b2-5cdddec19d2d-large16x9_Pizzi.png

Police were called to 1000 block of 4th Street SE around 7:30 a.m. March 27 where they found Cassandra's partially nude and blooded body in a wooded area.

The warrant indicates there is evidence she was dragged across a parking lot to the wooded area.

Video footage has also been obtained, which police said shows two people walking in the area she was found.

Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call 540-344-8500 or text police at 274637.

Family pleads for help in solving Roanoke woman's murder
ZR6DD4JZBJE7HHOY4GCLIYCB3E.jpg

Victim identified, investigation upgraded to homicide after body found in Roanoke

Cassie Pizzi
Cassandra Pizzi

There are several more, some of which are a him making me think she was being actively stalked by someone that didn't like rejection.

Friday, April 10 2020
Warrants show Roanoke woman's murder was a crime of passion

Warrants released show that Pizzi’s injuries are consistent with a crime of passion. The law definition shows it's when the defendant's excuse for committing a crime is sudden anger or heartbreak in order to eliminate the element of "premeditation."

Other than the "crime of passion", there isn't anything else new in the above article.

I wonder if Cassandra was one of the two people shown in the video or it was 2 people, neither of which was her.

As the investigation into the March killing of Cassandra Pizzi continues in Virginia, the people left behind by the 33-year-old mother's death are now grieving a second relative: the murdered woman's mother.

Pizzi's cousin Ryan Reilly tells PEOPLE that Rizzi's distraught 53-year-old mother, Patricia Jefferson, died by suicide on May 1 — a little over a month after her daughter's body was discovered in a wooded area of Roanoke.

Mourning Mother of Murdered Va. Woman Dies by Suicide One Month After Daughter's Killing

I'm not finding any more information online on this. Is she going to end up unsolved because she doesn't have anyone alive fighting for justice for her?

Her cousin has a petition going, maybe signing it will help bring more attention to the caseMan donates socks to Rescue Mission in memory of murdered cousin | WFXRtv.
Hr cousin also has gofund me. https://www.********.com/f/1ynnlw1meo.
And a FB site to setup a memorial for her.Coffee 4 Cassie

Thank you for the information.
Does anyone know if someone would be allowed to ask him to post here? Or ask him for information?
I don't like because they take a portion of the donations for themselves. I'd donate to something else.

As the investigation into the March killing of Cassandra Pizzi continues in Virginia, the people left behind by the 33-year-old mother's death are now grieving a second relative: the murdered woman's mother.

Pizzi's cousin Ryan Reilly tells PEOPLE that Rizzi's distraught 53-year-old mother, Patricia Jefferson, died by suicide on May 1 — a little over a month after her daughter's body was discovered in a wooded area of Roanoke.

Mourning Mother of Murdered Va. Woman Dies by Suicide One Month After Daughter's Killing

BBM
I have nothing against you, but I'd like to ask, what investigation? I haven't found anything on this since May, except her cousin's donations of socks in her memory. That is something, but it isn't part of an investigation. I realize details of an ongoing investigation are not available for public consumption, but seriously, isn't there something that could be reported? Like 'an investigation is ongoing' , or detectives are following up on available leads', something.
This young woman was a human being and deserves some justice.

Roanoke man charged in March homicide

Pizzi was described by those who knew her as a sweet, caring person who struggled with her mental health and eventually faced homelessness.
Ryan Reilly, a cousin of Pizzi’s who’s been a vocal advocate for her case, said he was grateful to investigators for the work they put in over the past months.

“I’m overjoyed for our family that this case didn’t turn cold,” he said, adding that the news created a measure of peace for them at the end of a dark, difficult year.

Video and more info at the link:

Search warrants reveal new details in arrest of man in connection with March murder investigation | WFXRtv

"Search warrants obtained by WFXR reveal more details in the murder investigation of Cassandra Pizzi, who was killed in March.

On Tuesday, Dec. 15, Roanoke City Police arrested 40-year-old Michael Terry and charged him with second-degree murder in connection to the case.

Search warrants reveal that police tracked Terry to the area of the crime scene through Google data."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back