Deceased/Not Found CT - Jennifer Dulos, 50, New Canaan, 24 May 2019 *ARRESTS* #49

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, very odd. And supposedly the most they ever interacted was a ride home from tubing down the Farmington River even though it seems to be in writing that David Ford almost invested almost 2.6 million in Fore Group... Glad I'm not the only one who smelled something fishy there. Strange that he was referred to as an attorney in the news and not in the past tense. I hope his statements are being fact checked because of his history of perjury, larceny and altering court records.

JMO

No way were Ford and Dulos only barely acquainted-those two knew each other well; I’d bet some serious money on it.

Yeah, she might get off-depends on how smart the jury is. In CT, are you allowed to choose between a jury trial and a bench trial? What happens if she chooses the latter? Does she have a better shot, or is a jury trial the better choice for her?
Remember, we haven't even seen the evidence yet. Hopefully, the prosecution will have some nice surprises for us and for her!

Marissa Alter (@MarissaAlter) | Twitter
Carrie Luft, the spokesperson for Jennifer Dulos’ family, has released the following statement on behalf of her family and friends as we approach the one year anniversary of her disappearance.

“We miss Jennifer beyond words. The ache of her absence doesn’t go away. Countless questions remain unanswered. The brutality and inhumanity of her death and disappearance continue to haunt us, without subsiding.
But the earth keeps spinning, and somehow an entire year has elapsed. We can see it, and measure it, in the growth of her children, who are taller, stronger, wiser, and more like their mom every day. And we continue to see and sense her in their expressions, their gestures, their laughter, their hugs.
It is a testament to her deeply loving influence as a parent that Jennifer’s children are healthy and well. They are safe and surrounded by love and support. Gloria, their grandmother and guardian, is also healthy and well, for which we are so grateful during this precarious time.
In the past several months, the focus of the media has turned, as it should, to the life-threatening illness that has engulfed the globe. We know Jennifer has not been forgotten. The investigation into her death and disappearance is active and ongoing, and we remain extremely grateful to the Connecticut State Police and New Canaan Police for their commitment to Jennifer’s case. Two people have been arrested for conspiracy to murder and have yet to stand trial. That day will come.
The calls for Justice for Jennifer are powerful and moving. We urge that their scope be extended to all victims of intimate partner violence, many of whose stories are never told and who are now even more at risk. Some community-based groups are organizing Candles for Jennifer on Sunday, May 24. Please support them—in Jennifer’s honor, and in honor of all those who have died by intimate partner violence.
Likewise, for any who can afford to do so, we encourage donations to a local women’s shelter, family shelter, or food bank. These vital organizations are struggling during the pandemic, at a time when their services are more crucial than ever.
Jennifer was a very private person; she would never have wanted the details of her life to be made public. When you read about her case, we ask that you keep that in mind. She was gentle, kind, brilliant, and courageous, and we still cannot believe she is gone.”

Carrie Luft, the spokesperson for Jennifer Dulos’ family, has released the following statement on behalf of her family and friends as we approach the one year anniversary of her disappearance.

“We miss Jennifer beyond words. The ache of her absence doesn’t go away. Countless questions remain unanswered. The brutality and inhumanity of her death and disappearance continue to haunt us, without subsiding.
But the earth keeps spinning, and somehow an entire year has elapsed. We can see it, and measure it, in the growth of her children, who are taller, stronger, wiser, and more like their mom every day. And we continue to see and sense her in their expressions, their gestures, their laughter, their hugs.
It is a testament to her deeply loving influence as a parent that Jennifer’s children are healthy and well. They are safe and surrounded by love and support. Gloria, their grandmother and guardian, is also healthy and well, for which we are so grateful during this precarious time.
In the past several months, the focus of the media has turned, as it should, to the life-threatening illness that has engulfed the globe. We know Jennifer has not been forgotten. The investigation into her death and disappearance is active and ongoing, and we remain extremely grateful to the Connecticut State Police and New Canaan Police for their commitment to Jennifer’s case. Two people have been arrested for conspiracy to murder and have yet to stand trial. That day will come.
The calls for Justice for Jennifer are powerful and moving. We urge that their scope be extended to all victims of intimate partner violence, many of whose stories are never told and who are now even more at risk. Some community-based groups are organizing Candles for Jennifer on Sunday, May 24. Please support them—in Jennifer’s honor, and in honor of all those who have died by intimate partner violence.
Likewise, for any who can afford to do so, we encourage donations to a local women’s shelter, family shelter, or food bank. These vital organizations are struggling during the pandemic, at a time when their services are more crucial than ever.
Jennifer was a very private person; she would never have wanted the details of her life to be made public. When you read about her case, we ask that you keep that in mind. She was gentle, kind, brilliant, and courageous, and we still cannot believe she is gone.”

As usual, Carrie Luft is a class act. In stark contrast to MT and her “poor, poor, pitiful me” statement.

Let's see....
  • MT lied to LE on NUMEROUS occasions. Her continuous "word salads" had investigators able to discount almost everything she said. And, her lies were sprinkled with sex...."We were showering together"...."We were being intimate against the truck"...What the heck! The items in quotes are paraphrased, but these hardly seem like the lies of a sweet, young thing.
  • MT and KM could never get together on times and who answered the phone call from Greece.
  • MT was with FD on the Friday night Albany Avenue and beyond trash bag dump.
  • MT's fingerprints were on some of the bags recovered.
  • MT had prior knowledge of what was going to happen Friday as she was poised to answer the phone and created an alibi.
  • MT knew FD's phone was at 4JX without FD.
  • She and FD wrote alibi scripts together.
  • She helped FD get the employee's truck cleaned and detailed.
  • MT was at Mountain Spring do some "cleaning"....hard to figure out where or when...'cause that kept changing, too.
  • She has never been forthcoming to LE or helped in the search for JFD....but she thought it was appropriate to go to a water ski party.
  • MT's had to be privy to FD's rants about JFD, yet she absolutely minimized anything about that when "visiting" with LE.
These few details are just off the top of my head. IMO, MT contributed significantly to the disappearance and death of JFD and needs to remember the truth about her involvement and complete time to create a sense of justice for this horrendous death.

This attempt to "whitewash" MT is an affront to any rational mind. She needs to own her actions and responsibility for what happened. MOO....IMO
I agree with everything here. If she had no knowledge of the events that took place at Jennifer’s home, she would have had no reason to lie to LE or change her story. She does not emote “innocent” to me.

beautiful and classy - IMO

@MarissaAlter

DULOS INVESTIGATORS/PROSECUTOR SPEAK: I sat down yesterday with Det. John Kimball and Sgt. Kenneth Ventresca of Connecticut State Police Western District Major Crime and Chief State's Attorney Richard Colangelo Jr. to talk about the Jennifer Dulos case leading up to Sunday's grim milestone. Here are some of the things they had to say.

DET. JOHN KIMBALL on the search for Jennifer: "The current status of the search for Jennifer Dulos is that it's highly active. Every day we get tips that come in, and we triage those tips, and we follow up on every single tip that we receive. It's important for the public to realize, with the death of Mr. Dulos, this case is by no means over....He certainly took information with him that we could've used in this case. However, I think there are still people out there who possess evidence that could lead us to the whereabouts of Jennifer or at least what happened to her so we have't given. There's more than one way to go about the investigation and we're not giving up....I personally am in constant touch with her family and the family is aware that we are actively searching for Jennifer on several fronts. They haven't given up hope and neither have we so they know--they know that we're invested in the search for Jennifer Dulos."

CHIEF STATE'S ATTORNEY RICHARD COLANGELO JR on why he moved forward with a murder arrest for Dulos 7 months into the investigation: "There is no statute of limitations on murder in Connecticut so we could still be in a situation now where we didn't charge it or wouldn't charge it until we found the body. There's a lot of people that would say, 'Well, hey. why did they do it without the body? It's harder to do. And, you know, what I was looking at, I wanted to make sure we had information from the medical examiner, I wanted to make sure we wanted to have all the forensic testing done from the lab, and I wanted to give the state police the opportunity to come up with a warrant that explained all of that. So when all of those things happened, Det. Kimball presented me the warrant, we reviewed it, and I signed it. It wasn't because we waited to do it this date or a particular thing happened. It was all the forensic testing was done, and we moved forward. And knowing that there's no statue of limitations on a murder so we didn't have to. At the time we felt that we had probable cause to believe the individuals charged committed the crimes we charged them with."

SGT. KENNETH VENTRESCA on the ax that police seized when they arrested Dulos at his home in January: "We do't have any indication that an ax was definitely used. The angle with the ax was that that obviously there was a worker that had worked for Mr. Dulos where his truck was taken. Well, in the weeks leading up to this event, he also had an ax taken. It was borrowed, lent out, and he never got that ax back. That ax was gleaned from an interview with this individual, saying, 'Hey, by the way, anything else he has of yours?' 'Well, he has my ax." Alright, so we go to the house and see an ax described by this worker--matches the ax that he described, in plain view, we're going to do our due diligence and seize it. We don't know if it was used in the crime or not. We can't say whether it was used or not. That's still under forensic testing."

CHIEF STATE'S ATTORNEY COLANGELO on going forward with prosecutions against Dulos' alleged co-conspirators without the main suspect: "I'm really not going to comment on pending cases, but I will say that, you know, the evidence is the evidence, and I'm going to present the evidence in the pending cases like I would in the case of Mr. Dulos. So with Mr. Dulos not being here, does it make it more difficult to do that? No, it really doesn't because the evidence is the evidence."

CHIEF STATE'S ATTORNEY COLANGELO on the biggest misconception in the case (and calling out Norm Pattis): One of the biggest misconceptions is the fact that in the initial arrest warrant we did for Mr. Dulos, there was a paragraph that talked about him stopping--based on the C4 video--30 times in Hartford. That was mistake by the author of the warrant. That mistake was clarified and corrected in the police report that was signed in August and presented in the initial round of discovery to all the attorneys involved. But yet, people are still talking about, 'Where's the 30 times they stopped? Where's the 30 times they stopped?' You know, the corrected paragraph says the C4 video shows the vehicle stopping 6 times. And that's really what the evidence shows so that's really one of the biggest misconceptions....One of the biggest frustrations is, you know, people kind of being disingenuous in what they're talking about in the investigation. You know, that was a mistake that was corrected and that correction was passed on to everyone involved, but yet, no one talks about that."

SGT. VENTRESCA on the biggest challenges in this case: "The most difficult, most frustrating thing would be just the shear geography of this. We did 75 miles of a video canvas.... And obviously another challenge was lack of cooperation on Mr Dulos' part. Initially we wanted his cooperation, and no one spoke to us to date."

CHIEF STATE'S ATTORNEY COLANGELO on the mention in a search warrant of a black Chevy Suburban similar to Dulos' parked near Jennifer's home, though no date or time was given: "Initially there was a thought a vehicle might've been in the neighborhood. We were able to rule out that vehicle. It was not anything to do with Mr. Dulos, but just looking at that one search warrant it would lead people to believe, 'Oh hey, this is it.' Well, no. We had to trace it down. The investigators, the detectives had to do their investigation, and you know--it kind of--it was ruled out."

@MarissaAlter

DULOS INVESTIGATORS/PROSECUTOR SPEAK: I sat down yesterday with Det. John Kimball and Sgt. Kenneth Ventresca of Connecticut State Police Western District Major Crime and Chief State's Attorney Richard Colangelo Jr. to talk about the Jennifer Dulos case leading up to Sunday's grim milestone. Here are some of the things they had to say.

DET. JOHN KIMBALL on the search for Jennifer: "The current status of the search for Jennifer Dulos is that it's highly active. Every day we get tips that come in, and we triage those tips, and we follow up on every single tip that we receive. It's important for the public to realize, with the death of Mr. Dulos, this case is by no means over....He certainly took information with him that we could've used in this case. However, I think there are still people out there who possess evidence that could lead us to the whereabouts of Jennifer or at least what happened to her so we have't given. There's more than one way to go about the investigation and we're not giving up....I personally am in constant touch with her family and the family is aware that we are actively searching for Jennifer on several fronts. They haven't given up hope and neither have we so they know--they know that we're invested in the search for Jennifer Dulos."

CHIEF STATE'S ATTORNEY RICHARD COLANGELO JR on why he moved forward with a murder arrest for Dulos 7 months into the investigation: "There is no statute of limitations on murder in Connecticut so we could still be in a situation now where we didn't charge it or wouldn't charge it until we found the body. There's a lot of people that would say, 'Well, hey. why did they do it without the body? It's harder to do. And, you know, what I was looking at, I wanted to make sure we had information from the medical examiner, I wanted to make sure we wanted to have all the forensic testing done from the lab, and I wanted to give the state police the opportunity to come up with a warrant that explained all of that. So when all of those things happened, Det. Kimball presented me the warrant, we reviewed it, and I signed it. It wasn't because we waited to do it this date or a particular thing happened. It was all the forensic testing was done, and we moved forward. And knowing that there's no statue of limitations on a murder so we didn't have to. At the time we felt that we had probable cause to believe the individuals charged committed the crimes we charged them with."

SGT. KENNETH VENTRESCA on the ax that police seized when they arrested Dulos at his home in January: "We do't have any indication that an ax was definitely used. The angle with the ax was that that obviously there was a worker that had worked for Mr. Dulos where his truck was taken. Well, in the weeks leading up to this event, he also had an ax taken. It was borrowed, lent out, and he never got that ax back. That ax was gleaned from an interview with this individual, saying, 'Hey, by the way, anything else he has of yours?' 'Well, he has my ax." Alright, so we go to the house and see an ax described by this worker--matches the ax that he described, in plain view, we're going to do our due diligence and seize it. We don't know if it was used in the crime or not. We can't say whether it was used or not. That's still under forensic testing."

CHIEF STATE'S ATTORNEY COLANGELO on going forward with prosecutions against Dulos' alleged co-conspirators without the main suspect: "I'm really not going to comment on pending cases, but I will say that, you know, the evidence is the evidence, and I'm going to present the evidence in the pending cases like I would in the case of Mr. Dulos. So with Mr. Dulos not being here, does it make it more difficult to do that? No, it really doesn't because the evidence is the evidence."

CHIEF STATE'S ATTORNEY COLANGELO on the biggest misconception in the case (and calling out Norm Pattis): One of the biggest misconceptions is the fact that in the initial arrest warrant we did for Mr. Dulos, there was a paragraph that talked about him stopping--based on the C4 video--30 times in Hartford. That was mistake by the author of the warrant. That mistake was clarified and corrected in the police report that was signed in August and presented in the initial round of discovery to all the attorneys involved. But yet, people are still talking about, 'Where's the 30 times they stopped? Where's the 30 times they stopped?' You know, the corrected paragraph says the C4 video shows the vehicle stopping 6 times. And that's really what the evidence shows so that's really one of the biggest misconceptions....One of the biggest frustrations is, you know, people kind of being disingenuous in what they're talking about in the investigation. You know, that was a mistake that was corrected and that correction was passed on to everyone involved, but yet, no one talks about that."

SGT. VENTRESCA on the biggest challenges in this case: "The most difficult, most frustrating thing would be just the shear geography of this. We did 75 miles of a video canvas.... And obviously another challenge was lack of cooperation on Mr Dulos' part. Initially we wanted his cooperation, and no one spoke to us to date."

CHIEF STATE'S ATTORNEY COLANGELO on the mention in a search warrant of a black Chevy Suburban similar to Dulos' parked near Jennifer's home, though no date or time was given: "Initially there was a thought a vehicle might've been in the neighborhood. We were able to rule out that vehicle. It was not anything to do with Mr. Dulos, but just looking at that one search warrant it would lead people to believe, 'Oh hey, this is it.' Well, no. We had to trace it down. The investigators, the detectives had to do their investigation, and you know--it kind of--it was ruled out."
I'm very disappointed at all the "mistakes". Speechless too I think you guys can relate as to why.

Thinking of Jennifer's family today. If memory serves, it was a year ago on the eve of Memorial Day weekend. I had taken the day off and remember exactly where I was that Friday morning (fishing). Must be an awful weekend for her kids and her mother. So unfair.

And NP is going to weigh in at 10pm tonight on the local news. As if, at this point, he should have anything to add-anything at all. All he had to do was keep his client in a position to actually stand trial-and I bet tonight he goes on tv to talk about how FD wasn’t guilty and the state can’t prove it. There is something so disgusting about people (MT and NP), who think that it’s appropriate to take this opportunity at the one year anniversary of Jemnifer’s death, to rub the family’s face in all of this garbage. And while MT might have desperation as a reason to do it, NP has no reason except that he is a , and wants to redeem himself for letting FD kill himself.

And NP is going to weigh in at 10pm tonight on the local news. As if, at this point, he should have anything to add-anything at all. All he had to do was keep his client in a position to actually stand trial-and I bet tonight he goes on tv to talk about how FD wasn’t guilty and the state can’t prove it. There is something so disgusting about people (MT and NP), who think that it’s appropriate to take this opportunity at the one year anniversary of Jemnifer’s death, to rub the family’s face in all of this garbage. And while MT might have desperation as a reason to do it, NP has no reason except that he is a *******, and wants to redeem himself for letting FD kill himself.
Is he really? he said he cannot make any comments on the case as instructed by Chistopher Hug....

Exclusive: One-on-one interview with Fotis Dulos attorney, Norm Pattis one year after Jennifer's disappearance

About 13 minute interview that I cannot bring myself to watch right now. I cannot even stand to look at NP, much less listen to him.

I just listened to the interview expecting the worst. I was surprised that NP admits that he'll probably never be able to tell the tale of FD as the estate has publication rights, etc. for any publications about FD and his life. Interesting...He also reiterated the directive from the estate that he is not to discuss details of the case. He seemed to accept the limitations and didn't answer the questions directed to him about specifics.

Really nothing new, except for me the confirmation that NP does what he does for the adrenal thrill of the fight. Honestly, IMO, many defense attorneys like to argue and look for loop holes in the prosecutions case (also known as making the prosecution prove the case). It's their sport me thinks. IMO...MOO

;);););)

interesting timing - did MT release a statement because of a new tip???
JMO
Thank you to all you dedicated sleuthers - I have been away from JFD's thread for awhile - I'm also happy to see her media thread has been kept up with :)

Oh, good thought! That IS the pattern, isn’t it? And there’s another with big things occurring on the weekends. I hope every day for justice for Jennifer. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam