Found Deceased Australia - Russell Hill, 74, & Carol Clay, 72, Wonnangatta Valley, 20 March 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
when they went missing, it was still quite warm out that way,
if it was me as an elderly person i would have taken my 4WD to go find it, it would have kept me out of the sun and its quicker
so i struggle with the drone theory even though its obviously gone

about the only thing i can come up with, is they went for a hike and something has happened, maybe a medical episode possibly they slipped and fell there is some dangerous places around there iv been up there before, which is why the drone is gone because they have it on them or did

yeah i dunno aye, its so baffling but at the same time all aussie's know the bush is not for mucking around its a dangerous place that can take lives in a miniute

could be something so simple as, they went for a hike or even if they were chasing the drone, someone gets bit by a brown snake or red belly and you know freaking out the other person has a cardiac event and dies leaving the other to die from old age and snake bite

they were so remote i mean anything is possible, the fire could have been coincidence because they were gone for so long and the sun heated up the charger and bang fire starts

“The bush is not for mucking around.”
Are we reading from a native? What’s it like? The bush. Tangle of vegetation? Small grubby trees that mimic shrubs? I suppose the USA or Canada, as well, has its virgin forests. Deserts, too. Is it like the outback we’ve seen on film? No man’s land. Beautiful. Eerie. Desolate?
Who’s this guy button man? I didn’t want to scare myself reading the earlier post about the guy. Could tell it would keep me awake at night. A hermit? Or a criminal?
Periodically, we’ll get a story about someone in the wild for years who is known to be out there and finally comes back to civilization. Hundreds of years ago, that would not be too unusual. But today, a little less common, I suppose.

EDITED:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_bush
I
s this an accurate description?
It’s beautiful. No wonder there are hikers, campers, and visitors. But get lost forever? No question. Need to stay on pathways.

Last edited:
Grim twist in the mysterious disappearance of a married camper and his beauty queen 'friend' as police find human remains 200km away in same mountain range - and cops won't say whose they are

Human remains have been found in the same mountain range where two campers mysteriously disappeared two months ago.
Human remains have now been found 200km away from the station at Moondarra in Victoria's high country, 9News reported.

The State Emergency Service were called on Saturday evening to investigate the discovery, but police remain tight-lipped as to whether it is related to the elderly pair's disappearance.

Category: | Herald Sun
Missing persons police are investigating the reported discovery of remains in Victoria’s High Country.

Victoria Police wouldn’t comment on the investigations at Moondarra, saying only they were “active”.

“Further information will be available when it is operationally appropriate to do so,” a spokesman said.

Channel 9 reported the remains were believed to be human.

The SES was called to the area this afternoon, it reported.

Are we reading from a native? What’s it like? The bush. Tangle of vegetation? Small grubby trees that mimic shrubs? I suppose the USA or Canada, as well, has its virgin forests. Deserts, too. Is it like the outback we’ve seen on film? No man’s land. Beautiful. Eerie. Desolate?
Who’s this guy button man? I didn’t want to scare myself reading the earlier post about the guy. Could tell it would keep me awake at night. A hermit? Or a criminal?
Periodically, we’ll get a story about someone in the wild for years who is known to be out there and finally comes back to civilization. Hundreds of years ago, that would not be too unusual. But today, a little less common, I suppose.

EDITED:
The bush - Wikipedia
Is this an accurate description?
It’s beautiful. No wonder there are hikers, campers, and visitors. But get lost forever? No question. Need to stay on pathways.

That would be accurate and plus it can have rugged terrain with cliffs etc. Then there’s the wildlife with snakes. I found this it maybe helpful it shows it’s a very difficult 4wd track.

https://www.4wdvictoria.org.au/iconic4wd/images/tracks/info/info_wonnangatta.pdf

Category: | Herald Sun
Missing persons police are investigating the reported discovery of remains in Victoria’s High Country.

Victoria Police wouldn’t comment on the investigations at Moondarra, saying only they were “active”.

“Further information will be available when it is operationally appropriate to do so,” a spokesman said.

Channel 9 reported the remains were believed to be human.

The SES was called to the area this afternoon, it reported.
What do you think, do you think it is Carol &/or Russell? When I read the news initially I thought it must be but when you look at the location it looks too far removed to be them....

Missing Persons Squad on scene at Moondarra

MEMBERS of Victoria Police's Missing Persons Squad are currently at Moondarra.

They are working at a scene, located near a dirt road, close to the small town 27km north of Moe.

Dog longing for his missing master, Jarrad Lovison, searches for ‘fun-loving giant’
https://7news.com.au/news/vic/dog-l...vison-searches-for-fun-loving-giant-c-1022921
The 37 year old went to Kmart and Woolworths in Moe, and met a friend on Belvedere Street in Newborough.

If the remains are human, a possibility is Jarrad Lovison
Family fears for missing 'fun-loving giant' as 'highly unusual' phone activity probed

Last edited:

we call mostly anything outside of the city the bush

but it can be anything from desert areas ( more the "outback" ) to very dense forest but our states have a wide variety of forest areas and low laying scrub areas

but this particular place is full of valleys and hills lots of tall trees along with some low laying areas its a big mixture of a place, its far from melbourne your at least a couple of hours away to get up near the border ( at least )

news going wild this morning down here in relation to the human remains found, its 200km away( 2+ hours by car)which is quite a distance... the big question would be how did they get there if it is them ?

the remains found are on the otherside of the mountains so it would be weird and tough for it to be them, but hey stranger things have happened

They are working at a scene, located near a dirt road, close to the small town 27km north of Moe.

Dog longing for his missing master, Jarrad Lovison, searches for ‘fun-loving giant’
https://7news.com.au/news/vic/dog-l...vison-searches-for-fun-loving-giant-c-1022921
The 37 year old went to Kmart and Woolworths in Moe, and met a friend on Belvedere Street in Newborough.

Family fears for missing 'fun-loving giant' as 'highly unusual' phone activity probed

Plus I dear say it at over 2m tall(if intact) they’d have at least be able to visually tell it’s not an older lady or gentleman.

Think you might be right.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/...nd-in-victorian-bushland-20200524-p54vwo.html

its miserable and icy cold down here in Victoria today and this weekend actually

i don't envy the work of the crews out there looking for things around the body and such, brutal comes to mind its bone chilling down here right now

also makes me sad for anyone lost out there, these weather conditions are some of the most mean in Australia for cold and snow, in the region where they went missing it does snow there in winter ( in the mountains), even though unfortunately they are probably no longer still alive, i think its actually more harsh in Victoria than Canberra during winter even though Canberra snows more often and is wider area, down here get smacked by really intense cold fronts and low pressure systems which Canberra doesn't really get

the body they found today seems to be more likely the young man who went missing awhile a go while riding his bike home, the big clue would be if they can find his bike nearby

Agree with the above posts regarding the finding of remains today. Also very close to the roadside which in itself is suspicious as most would have seen a body if it was laying where it was and not so much the remains. So have the remains been moved to a more prominent place to be found? Speaking of which "Where is Ramjet". Ramjet was very consistent with stating 'In Situ' and 'They are in a better place" from the get go whilst also spruiking a particular type of drone.

if it was laying where it was and not so much the remains.

judging from the video, it was fairly far back from the road in the tree's and stuff

if its not a well traveled road its possible it wasn't seen because its been so quiet due to Covid-19

weather has been terrible recently as well, and lots of rain maybe the rain moved something or made the body visible as we've had some insane rainfall and storms in the region recently

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley