Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe it was on Suzanne's page and is allowed.

What concerned me was that there were no recent photos.

She had survived two bouts with cancer and may have appeared much different at the time the husband said in his video plea that she'd been abducted.
Height - nope
Weight - nope
Recent picture- nope
DL picture - nope

Whenever I read of a river mentioned in this case, I cant get Leonard Cohen’s song “Suzanne” I wonder if the song was special to her/them
.......She takes me down to her place by the river....

Me too...was wondering if someone who is mentally ill (not using the n diagnosis word) would think he was at least burying her by the river and giving her a nice scenic final resting place?

Hi all, I've been following much (but not all) of the discussion here for the past couple of days, and decided to jump in. IMO, LE has very good reason to believe that SM's remains are somewhere within the rectangular area cut out of the concrete slab—otherwise, they wouldn't be devoting all this time/energy to digging and sifting through sediment there. Assuming this is accurate and *if* they find (and/or are currently finding) SM's remains there, I'd imagine that investigative procedure would require that they continue digging and sifting until they're reasonably confident that they've recovered *all* (vs some) evidence of her remains at the site (But if this isn't the case, please straighten me out!) And so, if her remains are not intact—for purposes of discussion let's say they've been reduced to ashes—how much of her remains will LE collect before they make a formal announcement? Am thinking about the possibility that they may have already identified some of her remains at the site (via DNA analysis or other means), but are continuing to dig and sift until they're satisfied they've found everything there is to be found ... and will hold off on making their findings public until that time. If any of you are familiar with how all of this procedural stuff works, I would love to hear your thoughts!

Hmmm. Like "too soon" as in lets make sure the coverup is complete first? That statement has never made any sense. I still wonder about it. Interesting speculation. MOO

That sentence struck me as odd too. "too soon" for what? For the dirt to settle, for the money to be available, for the body to float away, for the concrete to harden...jmo

I am very curious when the concrete was poured and if BM waited for that to happen before he released his video shoot.

Curiosity only, speculation.

jmo
In the video, BM seems indirectly speaking to SM's kidnapper. Assumes the kidnapper wants money and he is willing to pay without questions.

But why not at least plea for safe return of his wife. Why not ask the kidnapper to keep her unharmed..Weird.

BM had several days to prepare for the video but neglected to show reasonable concerns for SM's well being.

BLM has not claimed that he was at a training class in Denver. Below is a repeat comment I recently posted and it's worth reading to clear up some questions people have had about Mother's Day and where BLM supposedly spent that day. It's important to remember that, as far as we know, BLM did not claim to be at a training site in Denver on Mother's Day.

“Due to [the coronavirus pandemic], our firefighters have not been attending any trainings sponsored by us,” Bertram said, adding that sometimes firefighters will pay for training courses on their own. The fire chief said he had heard, rather, that Morphew had been working a landscaping job in Denver on May 10."

‘Pacing around, staring out windows’: Chaffee County Fire Chief addresses questions about missing Suzanne Morphew’s husband Barry Morphew

That's the article where the Chief seems to say that he had no knowledge of BLM being in Denver, and instead, thought he was working on a landscaping job.

This is the wide net of circumstantial evidence and LE would be remiss not to look at everything the husband did right before Suzanne disappeared. Especially with friends in Indiana talking about angst.

That does not mean the husband did it. Obviously, he's a POI (in my opinion as a forensic person, I'm not in the political line of fire in Chaffee County). But that doesn't mean he did it.

Okay. Well, I'm still claiming it's probably plastic and not what we usually think of as "insulation" in attics or under drywall.

We'd call it "moisture barrier" if we were trying to get someone to do it. I suppose code enforcement has their own categories - but my point is that lifting such a thing up, prior to the pouring, is easy peasy mc-geezy and even I could do it, and I am a klutz.
We call it a vapor barrier insulation. (I'm in construction) But it's just what you're talking about. And yes it's a plastic or foil sheet that resists diffusion of moisture thru a wall, floor, ceiling or roof assembly.

This photograph clearly shows the "sifting area" set up under the tent / canopy, and offers an unobstructed view of all of the LE personnel under it. Note that no one is holding a shovel, rake or other means to remove dirt. Clearly, just sifting and sorting was going on under there.
So why was the tent in that spot? Look at it for a minute. It is of the kind that requires rope tension from all four corners to stakes pounded in the ground, and ropes fastened at midway of the sloped sides / top of it. One the side facing the camera, those ropes clearly lead to the piles of dirt in the foreground. On the reverse side, they must have led to stakes pounded within that open dirt square.
Thus, we have deduced that the police investigation concluded that it was simpler and more effective to pound stakes in dirt than concrete. JMO
I regret using the Daily Mail as a source, but they had the best picture, by far.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/05/23/14/28738002-8350557-image-a-24_1590240969166.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-23 28738002-8350557-image-a-24_1590240969166.jpg
    Screenshot_2020-05-23 28738002-8350557-image-a-24_1590240969166.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 102
bbm
I disagree.

Re. the bolded portions... the sheriff is focusing on where the evidence has led him.

Sheriff Pezze can't focus on someone who is not a suspect; as that is against the law and would harm the investigation.
Basic law practices (and intelligence !) would tell him to follow where the clues lead.
And it appears he's doing exactly that.

I have to give him kudos --he is tenacious and I believe he is aggressively seeking justice for Suzanne !

I totally agree. What would be in it for LE to do anything other than follow the evidence?

These are people who are evaluated on the effectiveness of each investigation, so we can stomp our feet and insist they see things our way (when we know only a tiny percentage of the facts) but they will follow ALL the facts until their suspects are eliminated or charged.

And why would any of us wish that they do otherwise?

Last edited:
Looking at that photo of the cement square cut out at the search site, something struck me as odd from the get-go. Those rectangles strewn around.... those are the cement pieces cut out to make that square, correct? It looks to me like there are more of them than would fit in that square. Anyone else notice that?

That sentence struck me as odd too. "too soon" for what? For the dirt to settle, for the money to be available, for the body to float away, for the concrete to harden...jmo

I've wondered about that statement, too. Imagine that BLM is a person who returned to the area where his wife had gone missing and, at that early point in time, he fully expected that the searchers would find her. Somewhere close to home, where she was supposedly riding her bike, he might have believed she had an accident and would be found fairly quickly. In his mind, he might think appealing to the public would be too soon as he expects the nearly 100 searchers to find her at any time so.... how would the public find her anyway? The public isn't allowed to search for her in that area. He would offer the reward of $100,000, expecting it would be a searcher who would find her and return her safely to her home. I know what I would do and what many people would do differently... but, just because someone behaves differently from how we think most people might is not proof of anything other than people handle stressful and frightening situations differently, imo.

I realize most people aren't going to believe that this scenario could be true.... but, if it were to be true... then a statement such as,
"It's too soon" would make perfect sense, imo.

Last edited:
JMO Tate123, but I think a new construction site is as good a place as any if one thinks that a body buried under concrete will not be found because the building will surely outlive the person who put it there. (i.e. a couple of weeks of sweating until the home is finished and no sweat for the next 30 to 40 years)

And possibly no cameras...jmo

I've wondered about that statement, too. Imagine that BLM is a person who returned to the area where his wife had gone missing and, at that early point in time, he fully expected that the searchers would find her. Somewhere close to home, where she was supposedly riding her bike, he might have believed she had an accident and would be found fairly quickly. In his mind, he might think appealing to the public would be too soon as he expects the nearly 100 searchers to find her at any time so.... how would the public find her anyway? The public isn't allowed to search for her in that area. He would offer the reward of $100,000, expecting it would be a searcher who would find her and return her safely to her home.

I realize most people aren't going to believe that this scenario could be true.... but, if it were to be true... then a statement such as,
"It's too soon" would make perfect sense, imo.

You're absolutely right.

In the video, BM seems indirectly speaking to SM's kidnapper. Assumes the kidnapper wants money and he is willing to pay without questions.

But why not at least plea for safe return of his wife. Why not ask the kidnapper to keep her unharmed..Weird.

BM had several days to prepare for the video but neglected to show reasonable concerns for SM's well being.
cuz there is no kidnapper...
JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members