Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always thought it's because they know who did it. So what would there be to plead for really, and you wouldn't want to say anything you shouldn't. But jmo.
Very good point. I would think at some point you’re trying to appeal to the perp on a human to human level for information. Sparking remorse or a moment of weakness. This case is such a roller coaster. I feel like I’m putting a puzzle together and can’t see the box. No idea what it will look like when I’m done!

UPDATE: The 3-day search ended at the property on the east side of Salida. Law enforcement say they were unable to make any connection to #MissingPerson #suzannemorphew case. More details about the search are not being disclosed at this time. @FOX21News
Tipline: (719)312-7530

Lauren Scharf on Twitter

Heck of a tip to dig up a cement slab.
MOO the ring and other cameras will eventually reveal a supect.

Gimme Funds. Putting in Daughters' Names?
Well flip ... I never even considered most of that o_O Did he add beneficiary or change beneficiary?
I know the Gimme Fund is helpful for many people but I never really think about it until it’s set up for someone missing and invariably and unfortunately a family member is involved....Why not put it in daughters name????
@vaporlass :) sbm bbm Gimme page now says nephew & FF "are organizing this fundraiser on behalf of" ShMor. IDK what it said previously. Currently nephew says intended uses:
Well being of fam; food for fam & volunteers; for housing accommodations for fam; compensating fam & vol's for time spent away from work and w the fam. Who is "family?" Which fam members does that emcompass. BM & 2 daus only? Aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents? I'm sure it's hard to think of everything when setting up one of these campaigns. And this was done just the day after SM was reported missing. What is "well being?" Current version does not say: to pay their everyday living exp's, e.g., food, mortgage, utilities, gas, insurance, car payments, clothing, etc, college tuition & dorm, etc.

Did Nephew previously say anything different re who & what he intended to use $ for? IDK. In setting up Gimme did Nephew consider BM as possibly involved? IDK, even if he did, might seem a weeeee bit awkward for a campaign organizer to solicit $ to pay expenses for two dau's only. Would not evoke image of a Norman Rockwell Thanksgiving family dinner tableau.

Putting it in daughter's name??? Like organizer withdraws $50,000 and writes check, payable to the order of Dau1 And Dau2??? Sounds simple enough, let them deposit $ to bk a/c in their joint names, use as needed? Or maybe split into two a/c's, one a/c for ea teen? Aside from any possible legal issue w anyone not yet of the age of majority & bank a/c's, perhaps there are other issues weighing against giving teens unfettered access to $? Not saying anything about these two, but how many teens are responsible enough to handle that amt of $? And no oversight on what they spend $ on? Is either a 'wild child' or vulnerable to boyfriends' or peer pressure to spend, well, unwisely. Frivolously? Illegally?
Or would Nephew, or trusted fam/friend, deposit $50,000 to a separate, designated a/c, to manage payments for two dau? Or have atty draft a trust agreement w the two teens as beneficiaries, and use Gimme $ to fund it, then w Nephew/bank/atty/fam/friend(?) handling as trustee?
Depending on particulars, there's likely a reasonable arrangement (not a one-size-fits-all solution) to use the $ for their expenses. All they way around and regardless of what has happened to SM, a extreeeemely sad situation for BM, daughters, friends, family and communities in COL. and IND.

I feel awful for family and loved ones.
Yes, I was afraid this was going to happen. It's always disappointing after watching LE search a specific area and come up with nothing.

In the Frazee case LE dug up his mother's property for several days with no results. They searched the landfill for a couple of months with no success.

So far they have searched for Suzanne in the area she was believed to have gone bike riding, in the creek (or river), and now the construction site.

Her family much be devastated.

What next? I guess we will have to wait.

Imo

I don’t think they would have said they found “nothing related to the disappearance of SM” if they actually did. They could have just said they completed their search and will not be providing a briefing.

Appears they’re back to the drawing board.

If my loved one went missing, and I had wads of cash to offer up for rewards, I'd also pay for the needs of volunteer searchers.
But, that's me, and that's assuming I had wads of cash to burn through.
We don't know if BM has that kind of money laying around, despite what he offered as a reward, or despite how much his house is worth, or even if he knew of or approved of his nephew creating a Fund Me account.

I would be hesitant to give money to people who volunteer to search for a missing person during a police investigation. A donation to an official Search and Rescue group that has been asked to assist with the investigation would be a reasonable route.

"I asked the same exact question days ago :)"

I apologize. My mind gets scrambled after reading so many posts, especially when they are repeats, I do start to scan.

MSM only siting one side of the family is definitely curious as in the past all sources were routinely contacted. With modern media it seems sensationalism gets the stage instead of in depth reporting. Investigative journalism gets less resourcing, is more national and less local. The locals are doing a good job it seems though so perhaps SM doesn't have much of a connection to her childhood family or it is a small family. I don't mean to assume, it just is such a gaping hole there. Why does MSM only reference BMs family and not SMs childhood family.

Apparently LE is asking people to be tight lipped for the investigation.

I thought for sure they would have had a good enough lead to excavate that site, but apparently not. That is absolutely crushing.

I don't know, maybe such a tight investigation that isn't leading anywhere needs to be loosened up to get some leads. I don't know. I just want them to find a trail that leads somewhere. Time is of the essence. Got to get a good trail.

I sure hope some useful evidence was found instead of wasted highly valuable time and resources, based on speculation.

IMO LE makes a decision to search based on evidence that gives them probable cause that relevant information will be discovered. The speculation is after the fact, by us. I would love to see the probable cause affidavit for this search though!

I sure hope some useful evidence was found instead of wasted highly valuable time and resources, based on speculation.

I'm curious...
Why do you assume what lead this to this property was speculation?
They have not been specific at all about what lead them there.
Not to mention, it seems like it might really be reaching to assume they got a warrant based on nothing but speculation.

How is them not finding anything, mishandling the case?
I'm not following.

Right? There’s a judge who signs a search warrant before something like this happens. A judge who has access to all of the evidence presented, who makes these types of decisions everyday. I don’t know why we think we know more than the judges and LEOs handling this case. Their job is to track down leads and when sufficient evidence arises, search physical spaces. Unless someone wants to tell them what happened they have to figure it out piece by piece as they go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj