Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recent posts have been removed. There is absolutely NOTHING in MSM to substantiate that SM's body was burned and it is being stated as fact.

Members can speculate it is an opinion or possibility, but it must be apparent that it is the member's speculation, not fact.

(ETA: Sorry for the edits but I was just ready to sign off for the nite and tried to nip this in the bud as quickly as possible.)

The source of the story that SM went for a bike ride originated with the Chaffee County Sheriff's Office. This is the wording of the original press bulletin for this case, dated May 11, 2020:
"On May 10, 2020 at 1746 hours the Chaffee County Communications Center received a report of a missing female in the area on County Road 225 and West Highway 50.
Members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to the area and contacted the reporting party. They advised that their neighbor, Suzanne Morphew, age 49, from the Maysville area had reportedly gone for a bike ride in the area and failed to return home."
Missing Person - Chaffee County Sheriff

bbm

I don’t think the sheriff’s office was the source of the story that SM went for a bike ride, other than our WS source, but they did not come up with that information on their own. They were simply reporting what had been reported to them by the person making the report about a missing female.

I’d like to know who was the FIRST person to say it in relation to SM’s disappearance—the neighbor, one of SM’s daughters, SM’s husband, ???—but the sheriff’s office was not the first, not the source, not the originator of the story.

IMO

Seattle1 said (post 1175 on last thread): "The named beneficiary could not be more clear. I don't understand why you're speculating about the daughters. They're also off-limits on the thread."

@Seattle1,:) altho a few ppl here said beneficiary had been changed, IDK, if that was or was true. As you say, the Gimme crowdfunding a/c beneficiary (ShMor) is clear, at least now.

Why did I post about this initially? A poster (@vaporlass?) said, re Gimme $, why not put it in daughter's name?
My earlier post replied to this idea ^ about some potential logistic issues in doing that.
Sorry if anyone interpreted my post as saying who should or should not be designated as beneficiary/ies.
I did not intend to speculate about the daughters (except mentioning that they are teens).
I know they are off-limits. Sorry, my apologies for any confusion.

The "Gimme" specifically identifies a single beneficiary.

It has for about a week or since the husband's FB video. (I just checked again -- no change).

I'm not sure what all the above means-- I simply responded to a post that said:

Whose Name for Acct. from Gimme Proceeds. Daughters? [with emphasis added]

ETA: albeit in the prior thread

Last edited:
bbm

I don’t think the sheriff’s office was the source of the story that SM went for a bike ride, other than our WS source, but they did not come up with that information on their own. They were simply reporting what had been reported to them by the person making the report about a missing female.

I’d like to know who was the FIRST person to say it in relation to SM’s disappearance—the neighbor, one of SM’s daughters, SM’s husband, ???—but the sheriff’s office was not the first, not the source, not the originator of the story.

IMO
I agree completely. No fruits or veggies about it. :)

Hmm. I wonder why Bertram didn't believe she had gone to church?

Another bit from that article: "A source told the Daily Mail earlier this week that Suzanne’s daughters had become concerned that they could not reach their mother that weekend, and asked a neighbor to check on her."

But the earlier DM article referred to says: "Morphew’s daughters contacted a neighbor when they were unable to reach her." And further says: "the only reason they found out [she was missing] is because the girls called the neighbors and said, ‘we never heard from Mom – can you go check on her?'” the friend’s stepmother said".

So the reports are not clear on whether or not the girls had not heard from her "all weekend".
‘Nobody actually saw her on her bicycle’: Questions persist amid changing reports on the investigation into Suzanne Morphew’s Mother’s Day disappearance

Does anyone remember where it was reported....the last time she was seen or spoken with?
The simplest way I could see the whole bike saga happening would be the girls not being able to get hold of their mother and then call their father, he then says “i’m in Denver, last time I saw or talked to your mother she was going for a bike ride, but that was hours ago, can you ring neighbour and get her to check if her bike is at home, “ when bike is discovered missing, BM asks daughters to get neighbour to call police because she is closer.

A couple of pages ago a video of the church service on Mother's day was posted, May 10.
The services on 5/10 are being streamed -- virtual service. The congregation was texting to the Pastor. Grace Church website also states:

There will not be any on-site services until further notice. View the livestream on our YouTube channel.

Hmm. I wonder why Bertram didn't believe she had gone to church?

Another bit from that article: "A source told the Daily Mail earlier this week that Suzanne’s daughters had become concerned that they could not reach their mother that weekend, and asked a neighbor to check on her."

But the earlier DM article referred to says: "Morphew’s daughters contacted a neighbor when they were unable to reach her." And further says: "the only reason they found out [she was missing] is because the girls called the neighbors and said, ‘we never heard from Mom – can you go check on her?'” the friend’s stepmother said".

So the reports are not clear on whether or not the girls had not heard from her "all weekend".
‘Nobody actually saw her on her bicycle’: Questions persist amid changing reports on the investigation into Suzanne Morphew’s Mother’s Day disappearance

Does anyone remember where it was reported....the last time she was seen or spoken with?

It was previously reported that SM was last in contact on May 9, 2020 but no details on the method or means of contact have been provided, or confirmed by LE.

The DM article makes reference to the daughters not reaching their mother "that weekend" (versus "all weekend"), while Crimeonline reports It remains unclear how long Morphew had been out of contact before the neighbor alerted Chaffee County authorities on May 10.

Where’d they get the money to buy a $1.5 million home? You need to put 20% down these days and they bought this house before selling their old one, right?

These are rhetorical questions since I know we can’t research the family but I’m scratching my head. And I know people live beyond their means but you still need $300k cash for a down payment.
I have a,ways assumed people who buy $1,000,000 + homes put more than 20% down!

Where’d they get the money to buy a $1.5 million home? You need to put 20% down these days and they bought this house before selling their old one, right?

These are rhetorical questions since I know we can’t research the family but I’m scratching my head. And I know people live beyond their means but you still need $300k cash for a down payment.
There is no mortgage recorded in the public record - they paid cash - thread #1
ETA
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020

Last edited:
Does anyone have a current photo of the foundation that was being searched? Seems they would have torn the entire thing up to find a missing person if believed said person to be there. I don’t know just seems like LE is pretty thorough and would search until they could search no more or until they find what they are looking for...
Maybe they found it but aren't saying. What could they be looking for with a fingertip sifting search like that? A phone? A sim card? Something else?

Two weeks into it and by now you’d think we have a Today Show or Good Morning America interview with the husband. BM giving specifics. We met in high school, she is just as beautiful today as she was 30 yrs ago. We have a wonderful life and she needs to be home with me. I last saw her at 10 am on Saturday when I left for .........I called her .......and everything seemed fine. My daughters tried calling her for Mother’s Day.........We didn’t become worried until......Please if anyone knows anything, just let us know. Etc.

Bizarre there is nothing. Nada.

(Question for attorneys: would you always advise a spouse to NOT do interviews if there was no indication they were involved?)

What I find very interesting is that the owner of the home just searched by LE, FBI, etc. places BM on that location Mother’s Day Weekend instead of Denver.

Added after fact: It was a neighbor on a hot mic who said the owner told him BM was there Mother’s Day Weekend.

Both Denver CBS4 and DM cite talking to the owner of the property searched last Friday - Sunday and have quoted him as saying he hired BM 3 weeks ago to lay dirt at the building site. (No mention of him working May 10).

I also heard at least an hour of the hot mike and agree there was chatter about construction activity on the site on Mother's Day but I cannot definitively say it was actually BM that was present and/or working there. I recall in the prior thread somebody posted the inspections soon after that would probably be a better indicator of who was present on May 10. MOO

The simplest way I could see the whole bike saga happening would be the girls not being able to get hold of their mother and then call their father, he then says “i’m in Denver, last time I saw or talked to your mother she was going for a bike ride, but that was hours ago, can you ring neighbour and get her to check if her bike is at home, “ when bike is discovered missing, BM asks daughters to get neighbour to call police because she is closer.
This is exactly what I thought happened too

Two weeks into it and by now you’d think we have a Today Show or Good Morning America interview with the husband. BM giving specifics. We met in high school, she is just as beautiful today as she was 30 yrs ago. We have a wonderful life and she needs to be home with me. I last saw her at 10 am on Saturday when I left for .........I called her .......and everything seemed fine. My daughters tried calling her for Mother’s Day.........We didn’t become worried until......Please if anyone knows anything, just let us know. Etc.

Bizarre there is nothing. Nada.

(Question for attorneys: would you always advise a spouse to NOT do interviews if there was no indication they were involved?)

Exactly!

Just heard a teaser for SM case on CBS national morning news. They plan to tell more and show husband's "emotional plea" for her return. Glad to see her case getting more coverage and hope her daughters get answers soon.
Xoxo
JMO, MOO, ETC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members