Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS is what I'm concerned about big time! It's Huge IMO. 2 weeks and we hear nothing about this or anyone else while Barry is IMO focused on. Frustrating.
You don’t know that anything wasn’t followed up on and what the results were. You don’t know that Barry was focused on. You only know that there was a very public search at a location where Barry happened to have done some work around the time of his wife’s disappearance. Many other people also worked on this location; any of whom may be suspect for one reason or another.
LE is not required to report to you any of the steps they are taking in an investigation.

I'll say it again, one of the strangest missing persons case I've seen here on WS.

After that intensive search at BM's construction sight, there's little doubt to me that LE is focused on him. They absolutely have evidence to indicate that Suzanne could have been there, at least enough to convince a Judge to sign off on the warrant. They aren't going to spend the resources and $$$ if there wasn't a reasonable chance.

That tells me LE knows there was foul play, has a POI/suspect in mind and are desperately trying to recover Suzanne's body. This may end up no body case, which can still be prosecuted and won with enough circumstantial evidence. In Kelsey Berreth's case, there were 'voluminous' amounts once the trail started that we never dreamed about.

I wonder if human remains dogs hit somewhere in the house, near the bike/recovered 'personal item' or even on BM's vehicle?

MOO
#FindSuzanneMorphew

I was going to write a post very similar to yours. After following A LOT of cases, this one is odd. So I ask myself, without knowing what evidence LE has, what could explain the oddities.

Unfortunately, I keep feeling like this is Kelsey Berreth all over again. No body to recover and someone who helped. MOO

We only know about the LE searches the media reports on. They can be searching 100 different private areas but if someone in the media or a nosy nelly on social media doesn’t pick up on it, we don’t know about it. Obviously the media picked up on this recent search because of the big police presence and equipment, but that doesn’t meant LE hasn’t done even more important searches that we don’t know about.

We only know about the LE searches the media reports on. They can be searching 100 different private areas but if someone in the media or a nosy nelly on social media doesn’t pick up on it, we don’t know about it. Obviously the media picked up on this recent search because of the big police presence and equipment, but that doesn’t meant LE hasn’t done even more important searches that we don’t know about.
Yes. And the media was a day late to the property search, police started on Thursday but MOO the news pack didn't get there until Friday.

Last edited:
Has Barry hired an attorney? I thought Nancy Grace mentioned it, but I don't recall if she said he did or was just speculating.

LE is not going to do the type of search we've just seen on a whim. No way. Too many resources to expend without some pretty solid reasons to be there.

I have great faith in the Sheriff. He seems like he's got it well under control.

MOO

I don’t think you are overthinking it, @Pak31. The bike has been part of the narrative from the beginning, mainly because that was the way it was originally reported to LE. If, in fact, SM was killed in her home, planting the bike and other evidence away from the home, would serve to draw LE away from the home. It would also delay a search of the home if LE felt she disappeared while on a bike ride. It seems that after LE searched the area for several days, they turned their focus back to the home. It may have been because they felt the evidence was planted or some other information just didn’t add up.
It also seems possible that indeed she went on a bike ride even though LE later turned their attention to the Morphew home, for whatever good reasons they had to do so. IMO the CCSO press release dated May 13th was pretty darn declarative about the bike ride: "On May 10, 2020 the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to County Road 225 and West Highway 50 on a report of a missing woman. Investigation revealed that Suzanne Morphew, age 49, from Maysville had gone for a bike ride in that area and had not returned home." Doesn't mean they may have since changed their mind, but given how tightly they're handling their communications to the public, the assertiveness of this statement is striking to me. Curious what others think ...

So they cracked open someone’s garage pad just to make the “real” criminals think they believed that BM was the perpetrator???
I have to respectfully disagree, I’ve read about too many murderers who try to make police believe that a missing person is a form of “retribution.”
Even in my hometown, a guy murdered his wife and when he realized police were looking at him, he staged his own “fake” kidnapping trying to prove he was innocent. He got life for burying his wife in a 6ft deep grave while she was still alive.
In my opinion, it’s a scenario that murderers think will work to distract police from their own involvement.

That is crazy! And I also understand that those who commit crimes are just that- crazy! No I don’t think that LE is investigating someone’s concrete pad and searching just to make it appear a certain way. I absolutely believe that LE has significant evidence and reason to search that area. I also think that it is certainly pointing in BMs direction as someone who was in fact working on that site. The only thing that I am speculating is that the FBI task forces that are involved are involved for a reason. I am by no means someone who follows cases and this is the first case I’ve ever followed like this or posted on.
Like I’ve said before, wishful thinking is that BM is not involved in SMs disappearance, for their daughters sake. That there could be some hope.

However the speculation that there is a bigger situation at hand and possibly more people involved due to business interactions would still make BM involved to a certain extent.

The whole case is certainly strange and so upsetting for the family involved.

It is also equally upsetting to hear about the number of women who disappear or are murdered especially by someone close to them.

I definitely hear what you are saying and I don’t necessarily believe the speculation that I’ve written about. It is more just a thought to keep an open mind to all of the possibilities

JMO

I was going to write a post very similar to yours. After following A LOT of cases, this one is odd. So I ask myself, without knowing what evidence LE has, what could explain the oddities.

Unfortunately, I keep feeling like this is Kelsey Berreth all over again. No body to recover and someone who helped. MOO
Wasn't around WS for the Kelsey case, curious...was Patrick a named POI from the get go...How about Chris Watts?

Last edited by a moderator:
It will be interesting to see how and where LE will turn their efforts now that there huge effort under the cement slab did not pan out. It may give us more clues as to what scenario they are finding the most support for. Time will tell.

THIS is what I'm concerned about big time! It's Huge IMO. 2 weeks and we hear nothing about this or anyone else while Barry is IMO focused on. Frustrating.
Other factors and knowledge gained by LE have gone into LE's decisions to take the actions they have in this case. We do not know what those were. That doesn't mean that they have not continued to look in other directions, at all. We don't know what they are doing or thinking behind the scenes. They could have had several people pursuing other avenues the entire time the FBI was sifting dirt. JMO

The article has been updated, maybe what you originally saw was lost in edits, etc. "This story has been updated in response to emerging questions about some information that was referenced in an earlier version." There are some diametrically opposed opinions of BM in that article.

Missing Suzanne Morphew may have had ‘angst’ about move to Colorado, family friend says [EXCLUSIVE]
We are lucky if we ever actually know a person, most people I’ve seen put on a “face” for everyone outside their home and only occasionally “slip up” and reveal their inner demons to people outside their circle.
I think there are some that are very experienced at putting on the “show”of being a good, quiet, loving person.
There have been many cases where parents, children, spouses, siblings and friends are shocked by what a “good” person has done.
I see high stress, gritting teeth, intensity in many of his photos compared to SM’s ethereal beauty and peaceful expression.
I don’t trust any opinions from people outside the family members who lived with him, and sometimes even those opinions are manipulated.

My memory isn't what it used to be, but I feel quite comfortable saying that in probably the vast majority of cases I've followed in the last 40+ years, there were almost always warrants being obtained, searches going on & leads being followed up on, that the public never knew about at the time.

The Sheriff seems to be a humble, capable and no-nonsense kind of guy. No grandstanding in front of the cameras, just hard at work. Sometimes less is more.

Wasn't around WS for the Kelsey case, curious...was Patrick a named POI from the get go...How about Chris Watts?

In Kelsey’s case, we weren’t sure what to think at first. Her mom indicated that Kelsey and Patrick had a great, loving relationship. It was only during the trial that we learned Kelsey’s mom put up a good front because 1) she was petrified of losing her granddaughter too; and 2) LE had asked her to not talk about that relationship.

So we were left scratching our heads at stuff that didn’t appear to add up. That’s how I’m feeling with Suzanne.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member