Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it all depends on what exactly is being tested. Personally, I think they struck out, and found nothing there.

If anything was found, I’m sure they could expedite any testing if they had to.

I am beginning to think the same thing. I am hoping that they were and are also searching elsewhere.

I don't believe the Indiana home sold yet, but my memory might be deceiving me.
It sold May 2019.
I found article that stated this
Missing Suzanne Morphew may have had ‘angst’ about move to Colorado, family friend says [EXCLUSIVE]
BUT ... just to double check I went to Hamilton County Indiana property records search.
Hamilton County, IN - Property Records
The Tax bill is being sent to SM’s Colorado address. I thought I had read that they financed the home for a family member? (he is a dentist) so that might be why... the taxes were due on the Indiana house May 11 and they have not been paid. I bet SM took care of those things.

Last edited:
I keep reading that "an" item was found that belonged to Susan. I went back to the Sheriff's press conference to verify what I thought I heard. After that I put the captioning on. He doesn't say an item, twice he says items were found.

View attachment 248567 View attachment 248568

WATCH: Chaffee County Sheriff gives update about missing woman

This article is originally from the Denver Post so it's pretty trustworthy IMO:

"Searchers found her bike that evening and a “personal item” on Thursday."

Missing woman: Suzanne Morphew's neighbors asked for video

I wonder if by "items" he means the bike and the mystery personal item, or if they've found the bike and multiple personal items.

Gregory Nieto
@greg_nieto

With the 3-day Search of a property - just outside Salida- concluded- and authorities unable to make any connection to the Suzanne Morphew case...Tips from the community will -once again- take Center Stage.
@channel2kwgn
@KDVR
@ChaffeeSheriff
#FindSuzanneMorphew
This technically isn't accurate.

CCSO press statement 5/24/20 doesn't say with the 3-day search concluded, authorities we're unable to make any connection to the Suzanne Morphew case.

It actually stated: "Investigators searched several locations on the property; however, they were unable to make any connection to Suzanne Morphew’s case at this time."

Then proceeded to say: “Someone has that key piece of information in this case that will help us locate Suzanne..."

Chaffee County Sheriff's Office

Personally, I'm doubtful she went on a bike ride. My husband is a mountain biker. Typically they ride in groups in case someone gets hurt,etc. There have been times when he has gone alone but regardless, people that are serious mountain bikers pack - water, phones, etc. It's just common sense because it's a dangerous sport. You're out in the middle of nowhere and an ambulance isn't going to be nearby. As a cancer survivor, nurse and biker, I'm skeptical that if she was abducted while riding LE just found her bike and one personal item. She would have been carrying other things in case of an emergency.

Even if so, I would think common sense protocol would give LE a way to keep him from returning the the house during the investigation if he's a suspect. For instance (and I'm just making this up to illustrate my point), suppose they sliced up pieces of carpet because luminal detected blood. They'd be crazy to give him access to this kind of information at this stage.
BM doesn't need to be a suspect for LE to continue to secure the home as a crime scene. If luminol detected blood, it may belong to SM. That isn't evidence against BM. His main problem right now is that LE hasn't cleared him as a suspect and that might be because the Fire Chief is quoted as saying BM wasn't in Denver attending fire training.

JMO

Bertam says that there was no training the weekend Suzanne went missing and believes Barry had been in Denver for a landscaping job.

Police and FBI wrap up search at property where missing mom Suzanne Morphew's husband worked | Daily Mail Online

On 13 May, LE announced via press release a factual finding (‘investigation has revealed’) that Suzanne did take the bike ride and did not return home. It isn’t simply ‘she was reported to…’ It’s been determined to be a fact by LE, after 48 hours. I've not seen where that's changed. To investigate and arrive at a such a finding, I'd certainly hope there's a witness or something on camera, but that hasn't been shared.

Update on Suzanne Morphew search Tipline established - Chaffee County Sheriff

“On May 10, 2020 the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office responded to County Road 225 and West Highway 50 on a report of a missing woman. Investigation revealed that Suzanne Morphew, age 49, from Maysville had gone for a bike ride in that area and had not returned home.”
@DaveF ... I apologize I was wrong. It is stated as a FACT here that SM went on a bike ride and the word “reportedly” is NOT used.
[URL='http://chaffeesheriff.org/2020/05/13/update-on-suzanne-morphew-search/']Update on Suzanne Morphew search Tipline established - Chaffee County Sheriff[/URL]

Last edited:
This article is originally from the Denver Post so it's pretty trustworthy IMO:

"Searchers found her bike that evening and a “personal item” on Thursday."

Missing woman: Suzanne Morphew's neighbors asked for video

I wonder if by "items" he means the bike and the mystery personal item, or if they've found the bike and multiple personal items.
I'm not sure, because we don't know where the bike was found or if it was found. LE has never said. Yet he does state "personal items of Suzzanes..."

Even if so, I would think common sense protocol would give LE a way to keep him from returning the the house during the investigation if he's a suspect. For instance (and I'm just making this up to illustrate my point), suppose they sliced up pieces of carpet because luminal detected blood. They'd be crazy to give him access to this kind of information at this stage.
If the husband is actually involved, he would know why the carpet was removed.

JMO

Excuse my ignorance, I will admit that I haven’t been following this case quite as closely as I have others. Question.....

When is the last confirmed sighting/or communication via telephone someone had with Suzanne?

BM doesn't need to be a suspect for LE to continue to secure the home as a crime scene. If luminol detected blood, it may belong to SM. That isn't evidence against BM. His main problem right now is that LE hasn't cleared him as a suspect and that might be because the Fire Chief is quoted as saying BM wasn't in Denver attending fire training.

JMO

Bertam says that there was no training the weekend Suzanne went missing and believes Barry had been in Denver for a landscaping job.

Police and FBI wrap up search at property where missing mom Suzanne Morphew's husband worked | Daily Mail Online
BBM I am going to venture to guess that this is all the more reason the home had been secured and he wasn't allowed back in.

Excuse my ignorance, I will admit that I haven’t been following this case quite as closely as I have others. Question.....

When is the last confirmed sighting/or communication via telephone someone had with Suzanne?

Don't apologize. Those of us who have been following since Day 1 are still wondering the same thing. The circumstances of that weekend are incredibly murky. There's practically nothing solid about those details from LE, family or MSM.

BBM:

That's a great question.

One which nobody here can answer.

Interestingly, and rather tellingly, that information has not been disclosed by LE to the public.

JMO.

That’s the frustrating thing, we have no idea. The timeline is about as clear as mud, and I can’t think of a case that had this many unanswered questions, at least at this stage.

@GordianKnot @lucidtx Jinx.

It seems odd that the message sent to their former church group in Indiana, mentioning the crashed bike and the mountain lion, was sent so soon after she was reported missing. Less than 24 hours, as it was sent on the 11th.
Why jump to the mountain lion conclusion so quickly and then suggest it to a whole group of people?

It’s almost as if the message is saying, “no foul play here guys,” knowing they are going to hear she’s missing any day now. Whoever wrote it, seems to want to prevent anyone from their old home town, from digging up theories, putting two and two together etc... seeing as they might be aware of something in the Morphew’s history, that the people in CO are not.

JMO

It's all very interesting to me. On one hand, LE was immediately very tight lipped about details of the case.

On the other hand, people "close" to SM very quickly put a couple of narratives out there. First, the email to the church congregation about a possible mountain lion attack and crashed bike. And then BM pushed the idea she was abducted by offering an insanely large reward for her safe return. All within a couple of days from her disappearance being reported.

While LE clearly saw a completely different story based on their actions right from the start and also ruled out an animal attack quickly...IMO.

Such a good simple question.
Answer is no.

LE has never given a last confirmed sighting or what she was wearing.

As for communicating with or from SM---LE is keeping that close to their vest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa