Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand those who believe it’s an abduction and the LE should be focusing on that scenario because isn’t the official line (not to mention the thread title) that she didn’t return from a bike ride?

But in my personal opinion, it wasn’t an abduction. I believe she wanted out of the marriage, probably due to the control issues. and he couldn’t deal with it. It just makes the most sense to me, considering how proud he seemed to be of his beautiful wife and family. MOO.

Any way it turns out, my heart breaks for their girls.
Don't most women who want out of a marriage after many years consult with an attorney and file for divorce? Why would a woman living in a million dollar home for decades with her husband just threaten divorce to her husband and not follow through with the legal filing? To me, that makes no sense.

JMO

Personally, I'm doubtful she went on a bike ride. My husband is a mountain biker. Typically they ride in groups in case someone gets hurt,etc. There have been times when he has gone alone but regardless, people that are serious mountain bikers pack - water, phones, etc. It's just common sense because it's a dangerous sport. You're out in the middle of nowhere and an ambulance isn't going to be nearby. As a cancer survivor, nurse and biker, I'm skeptical that if she was abducted while riding LE just found her bike and one personal item. She would have been carrying other things in case of an emergency.

This is also why I think an animal attack is highly unlikely. They have plenty of tracking experts out there. We're talking people who know these hills like the back of their hands and will terrify you with how much information they can glean about you from one sloppy impartial footprint. It's just unfathomable that they would've found no evidence of such an attack at this point. Her stuff would've been all over the place and she would've had quite a bit of stuff with her.

Don't most women who want out of a marriage after many years consult with an attorney and file for divorce? Why would a woman living in a million dollar home for decades with her husband just threaten divorce to her husband and not follow through with the legal filing? To me, that makes no sense.

JMO
My take on this is: we actually do not know the dynamics of this marriage behind closed doors. We can not say one way or another what SM would of could of or should of done... We simply do not know at this point.

BBM:

If SM had been seen by even one person riding her bike that day, LE would have reported where and when she was last seen on her bike.

They did not do so.

There's a logical inference that can and should be drawn from that.

If LE has no credible, specific sightings of SM riding her bike that day, they can't help but be vague in their descriptions.

MSM needs to stop with all the "went missing during a bike ride" headlines.

That's a bunch of garbage.

"Fake News."

JMO.
Agreed, that's about as verified as when Gannon Stauch was reported as a "runaway, last seen going to a friend's house"...

Oh - we are digging deeper! Love it!

This article indicates its BM's nephew and SM knew him.
" “I think it was sort of a step toward retirement,” the family member said. Suzanne mention to the relative she was happy that another family member, Barry’s newphew Trevor Noel, lived in the state. "

still very curious as to why he's gone extra silent unless LE has asked him to.

‘We’re in the dark’: Missing Suzanne Morphew’s family waits and worries two weeks after Colorado mom’s mysterious disappearance [EXCLUSIVE]

Unfortunately, there are long lists of missing young women who have never been found. I didn't speculate they are abducted for "lifelong" sexual purposes but it wouldn't surprise me. If they aren't found, it is impossible to know where they are or whether they are victims of crime.

In the case of Sierah Joughin, she was 20 yo, abducted off her bicycle and her body was found buried in a cornfield. Her killer had done the same thing to another young woman years earlier and she escaped. imo, if they aren't raped it is because they successfully fought their attacker and he killed them out of anger.

JMO

BM would surely have all the equipment necessary to dispose of a corpse most anywhere out in that country.... what kind of vehicle was spotted out where it should not have been by the biker?

This article indicates its BM's nephew and SM knew him.
" “I think it was sort of a step toward retirement,” the family member said. Suzanne mention to the relative she was happy that another family member, Barry’s newphew Trevor Noel, lived in the state. "

still very curious as to why he's gone extra silent unless LE has asked him to.

‘We’re in the dark’: Missing Suzanne Morphew’s family waits and worries two weeks after Colorado mom’s mysterious disappearance [EXCLUSIVE]
I'm inclined to give TN the benefit of the doubt here. As you pointed out, he was family living in state. Maybe he has some kind of background that would make him more qualified than other family to be a spokesperson. Maybe when he volunteered he believed this was a missing person case and nothing more (might explain his comment about the bike). Maybe as things have progressed and it has become clearly a criminal investigation it is more than he bargained for and has begged off, which would be a reasonablething to do. Maybe. JMO.

BM isn't living there because the residence is just one of many areas of on going focus as part of this open investigation.
The residence is being held by LE.

Search For Suzanne Morphew: Sheriff Says Search Warrant Is Sealed

Search for Chaffee County woman at Salida scene ends after 3 days

Is it possible that the property was initially sealed off as a possible crime scene after police talked to the daughters? Maybe they offered insight that we don't know about. Maybe that's why they were checking on their mother.

When LE serves a search warrant on FB, it is generally for all content, both public and private. In recent times, I believe FB has been removing search warranted pages from public view, to preserve the information as it was delivered by them to LE. I further think that a "stub" remains listing only the name, and residences locations, which is still in the search base but difficult to find. IMO

Perhaps there was some "messaging" on facebook that might support a mistress theory? Just speculation. moo

I'm inclined to give TN the benefit of the doubt here. As you pointed out, he was family living in state. Maybe he has some kind of background that would make him more qualified than other family to be a spokesperson. Maybe when he volunteered he believed this was a missing person case and nothing more (might explain his comment about the bike). Maybe as things have progressed and it has become clearly a criminal investigation it is more than he bargained for and has begged off, which would be a reasonablething to do. Maybe. JMO.

BBM
I would say this isn't a terrible point, especially since he has been quiet since BM's video (I believe...could be getting timelines wrong). IMO it would come as a surprise to be a supporter of trying to help find your aunt, and then get slapped with a different reality that your own family member may be involved. Especially after you (TN) spoke up and pushed for info / details.

JMO

Well ... good question. One theory could be that he was just "outed" and confronted by his wife and he went ballistic, lost control ... no time for lawyers yet. Most women would confront/discuss/want to know why, etc before thinking of attorney... imo

That’s the frustrating thing, we have no idea. The timeline is about as clear as mud, and I can’t think of a case that had this many unanswered questions, at least at this stage.

@GordianKnot @lucidtx Jinx.

This is what we get for whining about Letecia's diarrhea mouth and endless tall tales. Now we've got nothing to chat about. Zilch. Nada.

This is what we get for whining about Letecia's diarrhea mouth and endless tall tales. Now we've got nothing to chat about. Zilch. Nada.
True. She was the gift that kept on giving, and now we’re getting the exact opposite.

Another thing that the Stauch case had going for it, was a house that was easily accessible to the media. They could camp out there, and view the comings and goings of law enforcement.

Not so here.

BBM
I would say this isn't a terrible point, especially since he has been quiet since BM's video (I believe...could be getting timelines wrong). IMO it would come as a surprise to be a supporter of trying to help find your aunt, and then get slapped with a different reality that your own family member may be involved. Especially after you (TN) spoke up and pushed for info / details.
Exactly. I'm not sure when TN went dark, but I can envision a lot of legit reasons for him as a loving family member to beg off.

JMO
Not the OP, but I took her post to mean, Suzanne may have expressed she wanted out of the marriage between May 8th and 10th. A fight ensued, and Suzanne disappeared.

Maybe she did consult an attorney and said attorney has come forward to LE which wouldn't look too good for a certain someone, depending on what Suzanne shared as the grounds for divorce.

Sheer speculation on my part, but it could be a possibility, JMO.

My take on this is: we actually do not know the dynamics of this marriage behind closed doors. We can not say one way or another what SM would of could of or should of done... We simply do not know at this point.
I think its fairly predictable that a woman married for many years to a successful man isn't going to stay married if she is unhappy and she sure isn't going to stay silent. I know too many couples in that position and their husbands were surprised when served with the divorce papers.

If charges are brought against the husband in this case, I think there will be evidence SM confided in someone whether it be attorney, friend or family.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member