Found Deceased ID - Joshua Vallow, 7, & Tylee Ryan, 17, Rexburg, Sept 2019 *mom arrested* #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point one has to wonder if this is revelation/prophesy or premeditated murder. And let's just add in the $1M life insurance policy.

Near as I can figure, Chad & Lori screwed themselves when they had to give up the $6K in monthly payments for the kids welfare. I wonder if they notified SSI about the missing children or just kept depositing those funds all the while. MOO

Lori had Tylee's bank card in Hawaii. So she was using them all along. Jmo

JMO
This is an example of when one of them (MG) should have woken up by then. If someone tried to tell me to cover for them about their missing children when the police call, I would say "no way", and at that point I would go to LE myself.

On what planet is it ok to start colluding with someone about missing kids and covering for them when LE calls. And why are we just now hearing about this and why didnt she go right to LE as soon as this happened.

I guess part of being in Chad's group means you have to agree to break the law of the land.
Im so upset with any of them that helped to hide what was really happening.

BBM

Exactly! That's what I wanted to hear come out of MG's mouth. "I said NO WAY to Chad's plan". She should have called authorities immediately!

BBM

Exactly! That's what I wanted to hear come out of MG's mouth. "I said NO WAY to Chad's plan". She should have called authorities immediately!

Right. And even if she did not agree to it, she knew enough right at that moment that she should have gone right to LE and tell them something is seriously wrong about the missing kids.

SS - Sister Summer :D

I stared at those initials for a minute before I got revelation who they are lol.

Jmo
Her last name begins with S as well
And here's the thing. I'm not trying to start a theological debate but what they describe as zombies is what Christians the world over call demon possession. Jmo

Except we don't advocate killing them.
And to add to that, those they say were Zombies (demon possession) were only so because they disagreed or stood in the way of LVD or CD’s own evil desires. It had nothing to do with actual demonic possession. JMO

I for one dont know how I would behave after being groomed into this group, maybe getting attention that I wasnt used to. I dont think it fair to judge her imo she did go and speak to someone she trusted who helped bring her to her senses and then she went to the police. She did this before anything came out even before the zombie letter. I think it better to show empathy and hopefully encourage more to come forward. If people are blaming MG and giving her a hard time then I dont know if I was another member of this group if I would want to come forward. All jmo glad she came forward and I hope more do

One of the weirdest parts to me is when MG visited LVD in Rexburg. If we assume Tylee was already "gone" by then, then why even have the conversation with MG about JJ? Wouldn't LVD already know "the inevitable" conclusion would be the same as for TR? Was it part of a cover/lie, or to make herself LVD feel better? Was she actually considering sending JJ away or just building an elaborate lie? How could you have that conversation knowing what had already become of TR?? My heart is breaking just thinking about it, and her mother is sitting there thinking about offing the next one while chatting with a friend??

I for one dont know how I would behave after being groomed into this group, maybe getting attention that I wasnt used to. I dont think it fair to judge her imo she did go and speak to someone she trusted who helped bring her to her senses and then she went to the police. She did this before anything came out even before the zombie letter. I think it better to show empathy and hopefully encourage more to come forward. If people are blaming MG and giving her a hard time then I dont know if I was another member of this group if I would want to come forward. All jmo glad she came forward and I hope more do

That's one way to look at it. However, the lives of children are at stake! MG even said she had a sinking feeling in her gut when Chad called her and asked her not to talk to police. She knew something was wrong. Honestly, she knew something was wrong when Lori said JJ had become a zombie.

I'm not condemning MG like she's a criminal. But I am very disappointed at all the missed opportunities to stop this runaway train before it got too far out of hand.

One of the weirdest parts to me is when MG visited LVD in Rexburg. If we assume Tylee was already "gone" by then, then why even have the conversation with MG about JJ? Wouldn't LVD already know "the inevitable" conclusion would be the same as for TR? Was it part of a cover/lie, or to make herself LVD feel better? Was she actually considering sending JJ away or just building an elaborate lie? How could you have that conversation knowing what had already become of TR?? My heart is breaking just thinking about it, and her mother is sitting there thinking about offing the next one while chatting with a friend??
Also it was chilling to hear that JJ was being "babysat" by Alex (after he more than likely had just killed TR) while MG, Lori, and Chad were off running around town. Like at any time there could have been an "accident", and knowing their predilection for "foreseeing" deaths, this could have been a possible plan. Moo.

I’m only here to share the truth because of those that passed away

It was a fatal attraction that led to their separation and people passing away

I’m irked that she describes the horrific and untimely deaths of Charles, Tylee, JJ and Tammy as “passing away.” Her softened terminology is not applicable in this situation. IMO.

BBM

No doubt in my mind that she was building an elaborate lie.

moo

At the end MG says that her heart breaks for Lori. "Everybody is hurting from this. (Lori) is in jail now. She doesn't get to be with Chad, who she loves. That's what she wanted so badly."

I mean, WHAT?? Feeling sorry for Lori, partly because she can't be with Chad??

JMO
I do have sympathy for MG who was in the end the first sound person to bring all this to LE, and got the courage to speak with Nate openly.

But based on the end of this 2nd part of interview I have an impression that MG seems to think that CD and LV were fooled by "adversary" leading to deaths of so many people not directly but as a consequence. Meaning not that the "revelations" are just fantasies powered by CD's and LV's internal desires and sick imagination, but rather believing that it's an external evil force showing them these revelations and making them do whatever they do. For sure, it's again a question of faith, but IMO it's a displacement of responsibility, and this seems to be the common characteristic of everyone involved in these groups. There always should be a revelation to guide actions. Like "I do it because I was told", not "I do it, because my mind created a thought that I should do it". Why not just question the fact of revelation itself? o_O

ETA: This displacement of responsibility is what helps MG pity them. They were "misguided" in their actions.
To be honest, I also have a pity for them. CD most probably deep down just wanted power and cool chick to have sex with and who would "eat" whatever he fed her. LV was just very anxious to get her "fantasy life". He got the vision, she got the action and motivation. Mentally sick people also deserve pity. It's just that their actions are irreversible. MOO
ETA2: Just to clarify - one may feel sorry for everyone in the world, because there always are underlying reasons why people become who they become; this has nothing to do with responsibility for actions and choices JMO

Last edited:
That's one way to look at it. However, the lives of children are at stake! MG even said she had a sinking feeling in her gut when Chad called her and asked her not to talk to police. She knew something was wrong. Honestly, she knew something was wrong when Lori said JJ had become a zombie.

I'm not condemning MG like she's a criminal. But I am very disappointed at all the missed opportunities to stop this runaway train before it got too far out of hand.

Exactly.
Im just upset with any of them that had prior knowledge and that kind of discussion is prior knowledge that something was seriously wrong about the missing children.

We are talking about missing children, murders, and overall mayhem. Very serious crimes. Some of which may have been prevented. It is very upsetting.

We have MG saying Lori went to Temple often and her and Chad went together, so it isn't hearsay. I quoted and linked it in my post above.
I just mean the only evidence we have is MG saying it, that doesn't mean it's true, and depends on how much one believes her. Just because someone says something doesn't mean it's real. MOO

I’m irked that she describes the horrific and untimely deaths of Charles, Tylee, JJ and Tammy as “passing away.” Her softened terminology is not applicable in this situation. IMO.

BBM

At the end MG says that her heart breaks for Lori. "Everybody is hurting from this. (Lori) is in jail now. She doesn't get to be with Chad, who she loves. That's what she wanted so badly."

I mean, WHAT?? Feeling sorry for Lori, partly because she can't be with Chad??

Yes, it's infuriating :mad::mad::mad:

JMO
I do have sympathy for MG who was in the end the first sound person to bring all this to LE, and got the courage to speak with Nate openly.

But based on the end of this 2nd part of interview I have an impression that MG seems to think that CD and LV were fooled by "adversary" leading to deaths of so many people not directly but as a consequence. Meaning not that the "revelations" are just fantasies powered by CD's and LV's internal desires and sick imagination, but rather believing that it's an external evil force showing them these revelations and making them do whatever they do. For sure, it's again a question of faith, but IMO it's a displacement of responsibility, and this seems to be the common characteristic of everyone involved in these groups. There always should be a revelation to guide actions. Like "I do it because I was told", not "I do it, because my mind created a thought that I should do it". Why not just question the fact of revelation itself? o_O
Ironically, Chad used the excuse of agency (personal choice) to explain away why his "prophesies" did not come to pass. Yet this group is just somehow stripped of any agency and is duped by Satan, and we should feel sorry for them because they killed their own family members.
I will say that I think some of the 5 months MG has been under the radar has likely been spent in either an inpatient facility or intensive outpatient therapy. That is a lot of guilt to carry, and I hope she is getting help. Moo.

To me, this is a bit confusing when she said this...

Gibb says despite everything that has happened, she still loves Chad and Lori. She says she hopes they will repent, tell the truth and confess to authorities any wrongdoings they have done.

“I’m only here to share the truth because of those that passed away, and that justice needs to be served. … But if you’re Lori … She’s got to admit that these people are dead and it was because of their teachings and their ideas that they had these things happen. … You would have to admit you actually had something to do with the death of your family,” Gibb says. “It would be hard to say, ‘My belief systems are false.'”

She continues, “I do feel sorrow for everybody involved. … Everybody’s hurting from this. … She’s in … jail now. She doesn’t get to be with Chad, who she loves. That’s what she wanted so badly, and now she can’t even be with him. It was a fatal attraction that led to their separation and people passing away. It’s a tragic, tragic story.”

Part 2: Melanie Gibb describes zombies, JJ's disappearance and the 'fatal attraction' between Chad and Lori Daybell | East Idaho News

MG is saying that she thinks Lori really sincerely believes all the zombie stuff and in a way she's saying Lori has been brainwashed by Chad to believe it (MG doesn't like the word brainwashed but that's my word for it). I think MG seems to give Lori too much sympathy but it makes sense that she would to some extent, because MG was also sucked into these dangerous beliefs for a time. MG seems to have gotten good counseling since then and was able to see how dangerous, false and evil these teachings from Chad are. My take away from that part of the interview was that MG is hoping that Lori can someday see that too and that Lori will realize that people got murdered due to her false zombie beliefs. That's my interpretation of what she's trying to say, anyway. MG's not saying Lori was justified in murder, but that Lori currently thinks she was justified and Lori won't come clean until Lori realizes how wrong her beliefs are.

Personally, I'm still on the fence on whether I think Lori actually believes this stuff or if the zombie and "dark spirit" labels were just a convenient way to justify murder to people close to them that they thought were gullible enough to belief that and go along with it. Because if Lori truly believed it then she would not have hidden those beliefs from police and mental health evaluators. Lori always had an alternate lie prepared to make herself out to be a victim and/or the one who was in the right when it came to talking to authorities. Lori always managed to come across as sane to the police and didn't bring up the zombie stuff, multiple past lives, the 144,000, being a god who was unable to die, etc. This makes me think it was all a form of gaslighting their "followers"-- so that if the others went to police and brought up zombies they (the people talking to police) would be labeled the crazy ones.

Lori also seems to test people and she changes her story/beliefs when they don't accept what she says. When Lori told MG that JJ was a zombie perhaps it was to test whether MG would agree to getting rid of "zombie JJ"? :mad: But when MG showed resistance to that idea and said she didn't think JJ was any different, Lori switched to agreeing she would give JJ to Kay (who is also a zombie according to Lori :confused: ). Did MG not question why Lori would be OK with giving a zombie child to another zombie to raise? Wouldn't this make the zombies more powerful in their twisted belief system? It boggles the mind that so many people close to Lori seemingly accepted what she said at face value, even to the point of accepting talk of zombies. :eek:

But once Lori changed what she said she would do with JJ, she even went so far as telling MG that she met Kay at the airport and passed JJ off. That just reveals how conniving Lori was-- it had nothing to do with a belief in zombies but with a need to have MG accept whatever she was saying. She likely planned to continue to have a friendship with MG and do more podcasts together, so she had to come up with something that MG would accept as true as to where JJ went. Just like Chad told his family Lori was an empty-nester after JJ and Tylee were gone-- he knew that there would never be any minor children to come around and meet his parents or his kids so he told them a believable lie. And Lori told someone else that Tylee died years ago, probably because Lori couldn't completely delete Tylee from social media. They didn't tell family that Lori's children turned into zombies and they got rid of the zombies. They knew their family wasn't going to accept that explanation. I think Lori and Chad knew that MG was extremely gullible (i.e. open to talk of zombies/multiple past lives, etc) and they took advantage of that as much as possible, to the point where they thought MG would lie for them about having JJ with her. Fortunately MG finally woke up when they asked her to lie to the police. It's too bad she didn't wake up sooner, before the children were gone. :(

MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members