GUILTY OK - Miracle Lashay Crook, 3, & Tony Demone Crook, 2, Tulsa, 21 May 2020 *mom arrested*

Miracle holding her little brothers hand tells me she had more parental sense than any of the adults around them. Sweet babies you deserved more. I’m sorry the system has failed yet again. I’m tired of innocent babies dying while Nothing gets fixed. We can’t do it better next time we need to do it now.

I live north of the area. I actually, have to cross both Mingo creek at 36th street north and Bird Creek on highway 169 to go to work.

Mingo Creek was a small creek that flooded almost every spring. Many years ago, Mingo creek was widened (thus sort of man made) to keep the area from flooding. It does get deep during heavy rains. Bird Creek is notorious for flooding. Last year it got so high it was at the edge of the 4-lane highway and flooded the area around it near highway 169 for almost a mile. The area around it is mostly vegetation because it gets out of it's banks.

We had rain and thunderstorms off and on all Memorial Day weekend. Monday the storms brought heavy rains. If the babies were in the creek, they would have been moved to Bird Creek fairly quickly, unless they got hung up on vegetation along the way. I sadly provide the reality of the situation. We would like to think someone saw them and got them out of danger, but if they had, we would know it by now.

Someone up thread asked about it being deep enough for them to go to the bottom, and during the rains it would be deep, but it flows. I've driven over Bird Creek when the water was flowing very rapidly. There are many curves on Mingo Creek and Bird Creek and a lot of vegetation right at the water's edge. I hope today is the day they find these precious babies.

My heart breaks that I am not traveling to and from work right now. I'm working from home. My SO works nights and I work days or we would be out looking in the back areas, but it looks like that is what LE is doing. Moving along the creeks.

I had my almost 3-year old grandbaby all weekend or we would have searched.

ETA: I just read that one was possibly found in the Verdigris River. That is what I was afraid would be the case.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but I put the blame on the Aunt that had custody. She knew the current situation, and the kids still ended up with their Mom. Maybe she doesn't understand that being a parent is a 24/7 hour job, and if that's the case she had no business having them. These kids were let down by their Mom, their Aunt, the system.... this whole situation was preventable...... IMO. If the Mom is charged with neglect, the Aunt should be as well.

I'm sure will say its mean or cold hearted to feel that way.... but these 2 little kids should be in a loving home right now, not lost on the streets.

I'm not ready to place blame on anyone accept the mom right now. I have heard many different stories. As is always the case in an early breaking investigation. I have learned not to take what MSM says literally. There are always various degrees of factual reporting in these situations.

I'm not ready to place blame on anyone accept the mom right now. I have heard many different stories. As is always the case in an early breaking investigation. I have learned not to take what MSM says literally. There are always various degrees of factual reporting in these situations.

I haven't read any msm on this case. My feelings are simply based on the fact that the state took them from her, and placed them in the care of the aunt.

Holding hands, walking together
Little hearts, intertwined.

Inspired by that last image, we grieve
For lives cut short and treasures lost to time.

So very sad to hear this news. My heart is broken... again.

MOO

At this time, I don't think any blame should be placed on the children's aunt, because many people's children are in the care of grandparents while they work. If you disagree with me, I'd like to hear your view.

Now the grandpa on the other hand...

Is there anywhere that says how far the child was found from where they fell in? A map maybe? From what I am seeing it seems far away. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Even a straight shot is pretty far imo, but locals have confirmed that the creek eventually runs into it and we did have quite a bit of rain this weekend.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

I haven’t listened yet...

Tulsa Police Chief Franklin, Wagoner County Sheriff Elliot, and Wagoner County Emergency Management are holding a briefing about two missing Tulsa children.

edit: after listening the Wagoner County Sheriff says they recovered a small child’s body about 8:47 pm. Spotted by an off duty officer.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back