Florida - Coronavirus Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.
July, in Orlando, wearing a mask, at Disney World.

Wow. How do those Disney characters in costumes do it?!
my guess is the characters will have limited time in the outside of the parks and more AC spaces for autographs and pictures and Disney will have cute princess masks to market if they haven't already. IMO

I went to Lowe's briefly and the mask was unbearable - I was in the garden section prior to the rain Monday morning. I don't like them at all and cannot imagine this summer for those that work outside and are required to wear them. They do have pick up now so I'm going to see if they do it for plants...
JMO

I’m about an hour from the Cape it is pouring/thundering here now...

NASA is, however, monitoring weather reports at the Florida launch site that may delay proceedings. The Air Force's 45th Space Wing, which oversees space launch operations from the East Coast, currently forecasts a 50 percent chance that clouds or stormy weather will violate established launch safety guidelines. If that happens, NASA and SpaceX will have another opportunity to send the Crew Dragon capsule into orbit on Saturday.

SpaceX launch today: The countdown begins, but stormy weather looms
My aunt and uncle are in Barefoot Bay (Sebastian, FL) and if it’s clear, they’ll see the launch. They are getting storms too tho.

Florida coronavirus: Latest COVID-19 info as cases top 53,000

ORLANDO, Fla. —

Coronavirus cases in Florida surpassed 53,000 on Thursday as state also reported 45 new deaths, bringing the number of people who’ve died of COVID-19 in the state to 2,364.

The case total is an increase of 651 in the past 24 hours.

Just for the continued Record here on our thread.
Who do we trust?

Stay safe
Stay updated

Florida coronavirus: Latest COVID-19 info as cases top 53,000

ORLANDO, Fla. —

Coronavirus cases in Florida surpassed 53,000 on Thursday as state also reported 45 new deaths, bringing the number of people who’ve died of COVID-19 in the state to 2,364.

The case total is an increase of 651 in the past 24 hours.

Just for the continued Record here on our thread.
Who do we trust?

Stay safe
Stay updated

There are big lies, little lies, and then, there are STATISTICS!

(Just a quantitative analysis joke).

SpaceX scheduled for another try @ 3:22 today. We’ve been having some nasty daily storms, so we’ll see. If it doesn’t happen today, Tuesday is the next scheduled date.

SpaceX-NASA launch: What to know ahead of Saturday's scheduled flight - CNN

One other issue Central Florida is facing: controlling crowds amid the Covid-19 pandemic.

Florida beaches opened earlier this month, and during SpaceX's first launch attempt on Wednesday, local news outlets reported that spectators crowded public viewing sites, even as a series of thunderstorms rolled through the area.

The Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, which did not sell any tickets for Wednesday's launch, officially reopened on Thursday.

Florida coronavirus: COVID-19 cases top 55,000

“The Florida Department of Health on Friday reported more than 900 new cases of COVID-19 since the last update was published Thursday.

Florida now has 55,424 cases and the death toll stands at 2,447, which is up 34 since Thursday.”

If that's accurate, it's not too bad. Of course it's terrible for the loved ones of the 2,447, but the overall rate of deaths to cases diagnosed isn't terrible. My understanding is that care homes/senior facilities may not be in the numbers - I can't recall now.

We all hate to see case numbers go up, but if most of the cases are relatively mild (possible - could be mostly younger people who went and socialized), then it doesn't mean the death toll will go higher.

I do worry about the long convalescence for so many people, though, regardless of age. But we've survived much worse. Right now, the economic reordering that Nature has brought to our attention may in fact be a long term factor in how we live.

Exceptional stupidity on display here. Nothing like destroying your own neighborhood, then complaining you can’t find what you need to survive. I will never understand the motivation behind this. There are so many wonderful & peaceful protesters trying to make a difference. These hoodlums have brought their hate and probably the C-19 virus to one of the most susceptible communities.

This area is where I go for my cancer treatment. It’s on the USF campus in the Temple Terrace area. I’m glad I insisted on early day appts. I am thankful there was a strong police presence to shut a lot of it down.

FOX 13 News - Tampa Bay

The destruction was centered around the Busch Gardens and University Mall area. At one point, the Champs Sports store along Fowler Avenue was engulfed in flames.

That’s right across the street from the mall, where a crowd of protesters had gathered overnight, forcing deputies to use tear gas.

Okay, they get points for positivity.... let’s hope they’re on the mark.

Florida officials were far more upbeat.

“While COVID-19 complicates things and you have to plan around COVID-19, I think Florida is as prepared as ever before in response to a hurricane," said Moskowitz, the state emergency management chief.

Lots more at the link:

Many states scrambling to update hurricane plans for virus

Coronavirus live updates: Here’s what to know in South Florida on June 1
JMO
Lets keep a record going especially with the Florida Protest's going on.
I would like us to follow closely.
Thinking of all of you.
STAY SAFE OF COVID-19
STAY SAFE OF THE RIOTS AND VIOLENCE.
STAY SAFE WITH THE UPCOMING HURRICANE'S.
(Steph/out)

QUICK FACTS ON COVID-19 IN FLORIDA

06/01/2020 02:45 pm

Total Cases. 56,830
Total Deaths. 2,460
Residents. 55,415
Non Residents. 1415

12:15 p.m.: Florida has 667 more positive cases of COVID-19 as the fourth month of the pandemic begins. The daily total announced Monday is the lowest since Wednesday, when the state announced just 379 confirmed cases.

The Florida Department of Health update Monday also included nine new deaths, increasing the state’s death toll to 2,460. The total case count now stands at 56,830.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article243096941.html

More deaths quietly adding up at nursing homes.

I would be interested in knowing what the cause of death is listed on the death certificate.

And in the statistics we are getting with the COVID19 listed cases, what is the aggregate number of deaths from other causes? Yet, this number is more top secret than instructions on how to build a nuclear weapon.

Coronavirus live updates: Here’s what to know in South Florida on June 1
JMO
Lets keep a record going especially with the Florida Protest's going on.
I would like us to follow closely.
Thinking of all of you.
STAY SAFE OF COVID-19
STAY SAFE OF THE RIOTS AND VIOLENCE.
STAY SAFE WITH THE UPCOMING HURRICANE'S.
(Steph/out)

QUICK FACTS ON COVID-19 IN FLORIDA

06/01/2020 02:45 pm

Total Cases. 56,830
Total Deaths. 2,460
Residents. 55,415
Non Residents. 1415

12:15 p.m.: Florida has 667 more positive cases of COVID-19 as the fourth month of the pandemic begins. The daily total announced Monday is the lowest since Wednesday, when the state announced just 379 confirmed cases.

The Florida Department of Health update Monday also included nine new deaths, increasing the state’s death toll to 2,460. The total case count now stands at 56,830.
I 100% expect to see a spike in the areas where the rioting is. But really, will we ever know? If they’re bussing people in to rally, or outsiders are coming in from out of town, will they be counted accurately?

If Tampa has more rioting, and say theres an C-19 outbreak in Lakeland (east of Tampa), will the rioting be known as a possible source? Just thinking out loud. In some respects, I think those who are okay with rioting, are just too stupid to get themselves to the doctor.

@PayrollNerd
I hear you loud and clear
I agree 1000%

It will be one hot mess
It already is
Peace and health my friend
LETS keep doing what we can on this thread.
All of us obeying and doing our part to obey c19 restrictions and the past 3 months of lock down and social distancing has been shot to **it.
JMO

But I will not give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members