Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
What drove the move? Excluding the husband's role which was likely the force, I'd say a selfless mom wanting to keep her family together during a time she felt her role as a mother and wife was being threatened. Her firstborn was there (i.e., Colorado), maybe she told her mom she was scared and wanted to come home. I could see SM telling her no, stay in school, we will move to you.
I suppose if the scenario was the ultimate retirement spot - kind of let’s move now? And be close to her? We really know nothing of moms hope and dreams so all we can do is guess and my guess is something was up- what? I don’t know ..yet
IMO

Exactly. And SM was a teacher which is a very social and respected position in a small town.
This isn't related to the move per se but I think it was on WS youtube I heard that SM was a substitute teacher at a Christian school or pre-school in Colorado. I remember when I heard that I thought about her non-profit charity. By all accounts, it seems SM was happy in her community. I don't know about her home. MOO

If LE believed she is alive and missing, her clothing description would be really important. Hikers might find a shoe, a glove, a helmet. These should be relatively easy for the family to describe.

The fact that LE isn’t putting out these details seems bleak....

I think LE must have been in the middle of some investigation or other BEFORE SM went missing. They jumped on it so fast, and sent it in a clear direction from the beginning. They didn't even give the public a current photo. This tells me they already had an info bank that meant they didn't have to feel around for a direction at all.

The bike.

I've moved here in the past year. Bikes are gold here as we've found. You must keep your garage closed at all times. If you chain your bike it can't be with a basic chain as it will just be cut and gone. SM had a very nice bike - the kind that would be of big value. I'm no longer on "team she was on a bike ride" that bike would never sit on a trail bridge in Colorado unattended long. Even if it was damaged for some reason. Zero chance. IMO
How do you know that Suzanne has a very nice bike that was of "big" value?

Trying to control what people are speculating on?
Exactly this, MOO!
The fact it went out to the Indiana church group so soon, (less than a day), after she was reported missing, really says something.
I believe whoever sent it, wanted to prevent anyone in the Indiana church group from theorizing how she went missing. Maybe they have knowledge of something in the Morphew’s history that those in CO do not.

There has to be a zillion mines, abandoned shafts in Chaffee County. I almost think that disposing of a body at his job site would be too risky, but using one of his vehicles to drive it to an abandoned shaft or mine would be a near, sure-fire way of an unlikely inadvertent discovery. I wonder if he had any interest in those mines or gemology in his past. There appears to be numerous near his property.... Do they have to have more than a hunch to take the bloodhounds to these abandoned sites?

Map of Closed Mining Claims In Chaffee County, Colorado

Attachments

• IMG_9138.jpg
    IMG_9138.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 16
A phone, yes, but I wouldn’t say that all cyclists necessarily carry weapons. I did carry bear spray when I rode in Alaska but not when riding in Colorado.

If a cyclist is riding solo in an area without cell coverage, sometimes they carry a personal locator beacon. But obviously she wasn’t carrying a beacon or she would have been located.
As a cyclist in Colorado. I don't carry a weapon but I do PLAN. The weather is a thing. It can be beautiful, sunny, 80 degrees. Within literally seconds a front will come through and high winds (40 plus) and cold. This happens all the time. YOU PLAN FOR RIDES. ALWAYS. Wind is not your friend on a bike. She just moved here. She plans. IMO

Maybe they enjoyed a college visit and decided to move there. Change of scenery? Fresh start?
Loss of control from too far away?
JMO
I always understood this to be true. They liked what they saw during college visits and moved there two years later. This was before I learned of the cancer, but still think SM probably wanted to keep her family together. I think her daughters were probably her world. MOO

Not sure what prompted their move, but in my area, I know several people who came here for college (or jobs), parents come out and visit, and the next thing you know, mom and dad fall in love with the area and end up relocating here too. I don't know if that's the case with the Morphews, but I've seen it happen here in the beachy/coastal communities. I saw some meme a few weeks ago that joked that moving to Colorado is the male version of women getting bangs... maybe BM wanted a lifestyle change.

I think LE must have been in the middle of some investigation or other BEFORE SM went missing. They jumped on it so fast, and sent it in a clear direction from the beginning. They didn't even give the public a current photo. This tells me they already had an info bank that meant they didn't have to feel around for a direction at all.

How do you know that Suzanne has a very nice bike that was of "big" value?

I want to know this too! I have not seen a description of her bike anywhere. Do tell us how you know!

After following this case through 8 different threads without having an account, I finally joined in.

I'm in an interesting position, as I have personally met and interacted with SM, MM, and MM a few times (but never BM), but would not go so far as to consider myself a family friend or in any way close to them - just brief acquaintances over a few years, only connected through social media now. While I have nothing new or interesting to add, thanks everyone for staying so committed and searching for the truth. It's been a great place to keep up with things as they happen as we all grow more desperate for answers.

Coincidentally, I also personally knew one of the victims of the Delphi Murders - I wish I had known about this site back then.

You all rock.
Welcome MagicKindom-- glad you are here with us !!!

Regarding the bike, there's an earlier post here where someone thought it looked like it could be similar to this one -

Santa Cruz Bicycles Carbon 27.5+ S Mountain Bike | Competitive Cyclist

ETA:
CO - CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #7

I think there may be some confusion. There was speculation about the bikes on the back of a car in the MSM photo. It was never established who the car or bikes belonged to. I did read that on a thread but it was purely speculation unless I’m mistaken. I’d love to know what her bike looked like, but those details have never been released. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks