MI MI - Kathy Wilcox, 15, Otsego, 17 July 1972

Want to say that some are wondering if Dennis Bowman possibly killed Kathy. I know her sister thinks guys she hung out with are to blame

There's nothing wrong with bumping a thread, but the family seems to be convinced that Kathy was murdered by Terry Scott McQueer.

What's really heart breaking is she stopped posting on it. She doesn't even have Kathy's picture as a profile pic on the FB page. She has a pic of when they were little as the cover pic.

A friend of ours Ardis (Who's daughter Paige Renkoski is missing) passed right before Christmas. She had the interview with Fox 17 where she pretty much said she's not working Kathy's case any more. Looks like NCMEC won't do an age progression for her; probably between that, Ardis passing, Karen also was sick, and who knows what else; she gave up.

I'm very anti what she said about NCMEC too. Kathy's case is just as important as every other case there. I'm really disgusted with NCMEC for what they've been doing with some older MP cases. They sure don't seem to have a problem giving resources to older Doe cases though because that seems to be "where the money is" with some recent cases getting solved even though they had nothing to do with them being solved. There name gets added due to them doing a recon. If Karen doesn't keep Kathy's story out there the right person that maybe can give a tip may not see it and info could be lost forever such as Eric Franks case where the mother of his child passed away before being interviewed by LE

Find Kathy Sue Wilcox facebook page

Otsego teen vanished in 1972, never forgotten on Christmas birthday - Posted 5:32 PM, December 25, 2017, by Darren Cunningham, Updated at 05:33PM, December 25, 2017

According to online records, Terry Scott McQueer was born in 1953, so in July of 1972, he would have been 18 or 19, while Kathy was only 15. Was he the boyfriend? If he was, then I wonder whether Kathy's parents threatened to pursue statutory rape charges. If he wasn't the boyfriend, then I would be curious to know why Kathy's family members suspect him. If he was working on a tree farm, he probably had access to tree spades or other earth-moving equipment, so he could have buried Kathy very deep.
I know I'm late to this discussion, but I think a Romeo and Juliet law applies here .. he would have needed to be older than her by 7 years .

I know I'm late to this discussion, but I think a Romeo and Juliet law applies here .. he would have needed to be older than her by 7 years .
There was no such law in Michigan in 1972 that I know of. There were 18-year-old guys who went to prison for 15 years for having sex with their 15-year-old girlfriends. Statutory rape wasn't always prosecuted, but if a girl's parents pressed the issue, then it was.

There was no such law in Michigan in 1972 that I know of. There were 18-year-old guys who went to prison for 15 years for having sex with their 15-year-old girlfriends. Statutory rape wasn't always prosecuted, but if a girl's parents pressed the issue, then it was.
Interesting, I'll dig a little deeper. I know I read something that said cases where the male was underage weren't really prosecuted but what you say rings true to me. Things like that were much more lax in that time.

I think that Romeo and Juliet laws started to be passed later on, about the same time that the laws started setting up sexual predator registries. Maybe the ‘80s, or even later.

I think that Romeo and Juliet laws started to be passed later on, about the same time that the laws started setting up sexual predator registries. Maybe the ‘80s, or even later.
Most states didn't start developing sex offender registries until after the Wetterling Act was passed in 1994.

Michigan's Romeo and Juliet law wasn't passed until 2004, and the age difference that gets a reduced penalty is four years or less, not seven.

Thank you for clarifying . I honestly don't know where I got the number 7, I must have gotten confused with another state .
Okay, combing through my earlier research, I was citing a guideline inside the Romeo and Juliet law whereby a person as old as 24 could legally participate in sexual activity as long as the other person isn't younger than 16 .. if I'm reading correctly .. sorry for the mixup .

Okay, combing through my earlier research, I was citing a guideline inside the Romeo and Juliet law whereby a person as old as 24 could legally participate in sexual activity as long as the other person isn't younger than 16 .. if I'm reading correctly .. sorry for the mixup .
You must be talking about a different state. In Michigan, the age of consent is 16. The Romeo and Juliet law only comes into play if the younger person is 13–15.

You must be talking about a different state. In Michigan, the age of consent is 16. The Romeo and Juliet law only comes into play if the younger person is 13–15.
Yes, my bad, I wasn't speaking about any state, I was just clarifying that's where my confusion came from, thank you though . I was speaking in general.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back