The British Royal Family #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
As many years as we have been watching and reading about Kate, it is so obviously not in her nature to whine and complain about her lot. The author of the current article actually praised her for that very quality in this article- Meghan Markle ‘can’t have it all’ and must stop ‘living like an A-list Hollywood star’ now she’s a Duchess, warns royal author
Notice how much she says she admires Kate .

She must have a book coming out, some reason to draw attention.

Thanks for the info. Makes sense to me.

I was just thinking about people who have married into the 'senior' royal family in recent years, and a couple of things stood out.

1) The men who marry royals barely get a mention in the newspapers, much less the slating that the women get. Many would be unrecognisable to the average person on the street.

Mark Phillips (Anne's ex-husband)
Tim Laurence (Anne's husband)
Mike Tindall (Zara's husband)
Jack Brooksbank (Eugenie's husband)
Edo whathisname (Bea's husband-to-be... should have been this Friday!)

I would recognise Mike (who was already well known in the UK) and Jack would look vaguely familiar, but the others, not so much.

2) almost half of the women who married a senior royal didn't stick around:

Diana (divorced Charles)
Sarah (divorced Andrew)
Sophie
Camilla
Autumn (divorcing Peter)
Kate
Meghan (left the country)

So with the men being a bit invisible and the women being subject to scrutiny and criticism about every damn thing they do, it is no surprise that Kate, Sophie and even Camilla stand out as our favourite royals. They have staying power, dignity, a strong work ethic and dedication to duty... as well as lots of nice outfits!

I love this pic of the three of them

kate-1.jpg

I was just thinking about people who have married into the 'senior' royal family in recent years, and a couple of things stood out.

1) The men who marry royals barely get a mention in the newspapers, much less the slating that the women get. Many would be unrecognisable to the average person on the street.

I would recognise Mike (who was already well known in the UK) and Jack would look vaguely familiar, but the others, not so much.

Diana (divorced Charles)
Sarah (divorced Andrew)
Sophie
Camilla
Autumn (divorcing Peter)
Kate

So with the men being a bit invisible and the women being subject to scrutiny and criticism about every damn thing they do, it is no surprise that Kate, Sophie and even Camilla stand out as our favourite royals. They have staying power, dignity, a strong work ethic and dedication to duty... as well as lots of nice outfits!

kate-1.jpg
Caption contest!

Diana (divorced Charles)
Sarah (divorced Andrew)
Sophie
Camilla
Autumn (divorcing Peter)
Kate

kate-1.jpg

It’s interesting! Mike Tindall is a bit rough around the edges. Didn’t go to university, a few drunk driving convictions, professional rugby player, now a media personality/podcast host. He seems really down to earth and a lot of fun but can you imagine the treatment a woman with those “qualifications” would get? Yet you never hear an unfavorable word, eh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kate, Sophie and even Camilla stand out as our favourite royals. They have staying power, dignity, a strong work ethic and dedication to duty... as well as lots of nice outfits!

RSBBM
I don't know much at all about Sophie, but at least with respect to Camilla, you only have to look back to 1996 to remember that Camilla was persona non grata with most of the western world for continuing her affair with Charles while he was married to Diana, and ultimately breaking up that marriage. That's not dignity in my book. Staying power sure......like a cockroach.

It's taken a long time for the House of Windsor to rehabilitate Camilla's image, but they still struggle with it. Even "The Crown" on Netflix had to forego the infamous "tampax phone call" between her and Charles when both of them appeared quite UNdignified, so as not to drag her back to her skanky mistress image of the late 90s. Harry and William probably did the most to help with her image improval, but I'm guessing that was at HRH's and Charles's insistence.

Catherine was viewed as a party girl and a fluff piece for many years until she and William carried on long enough that she became "Waity Katie", just biding her time until William saw the light and proposed to her. As a 21st century woman, I don't find much dignity in that. Only when she bore the Royal family the children did her image truly begin to change. Being part of that antiquated form of sexism is nothing to be proud of or to emulate IMHO.

These highly public figures pay professionals to manage their images to make sure the public at large, and the UK taxpayers in particular, stay enthralled and footing the bill.

tit for tat:

Kate Middleton Feels ''Exhausted'' After Meghan Markle's Royal Exit

GMAFB!!! She's got all the resources she could need at her disposal, including a full time nanny!!!! I'm so sick of William and Catherine's whinging via the press. So undignified. Suck it up and get on with your rich over-bloated fancy life of not having to do much other than dress in pretty clothes and cut ribbons and smash bottles on boats.

William of anyone should know that life is short and you can't take for granted the future with your loved ones.

*Calling the whaaambulance for poor widdle Kate*

That's a bit harsh isn't it? Why is Tatler dragging the Royal Family into the Mexit scandal again?

Should we believe an unverified magazine story, or the Royal Family?

"According to a cover story by U.K. magazine Tatler, Middleton is said to be “furious” over her increased workload, thanks to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle‘s royal exit. ...

Tatler goes on to allege that given the “Megxit” scandal and others marring the Royal Family’s image at the time, Middleton took on additional public duties to help save face. ...

The palace says: “This story contains a swathe of inaccuracies and false misrepresentations which were not put to Kensington Palace prior to publication.”​

Palace breaks silence on claim Kate Middleton is ‘furious’ over workload

Of course, the Palace must protect the image of the progenitor of the next generation of royals at all costs. Can't upset the golden uterus!!!!

ETA I noticed that Palace pronouncement made no attempt to actually define what details of the story were inaccurate or misrepresentations.

I call BS.

This is all about selling magazines and tabloids. W&C are the good pair, H&M are the bad pair.

Diana must be rolling in her grave.

Isn't it enough to know that the "story contains a swathe of inaccuracies and false misrepresentations.”

The phrase not going to dignify with a response comes to mind.

What did they expect in the US. Paps are more ruthless here than the UK. Queen was smart!

Fearful Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Report Multiple Drone Flybys to LAPD, Will Now Pay for Own Security

Wonder where all these photos and videos are?

Haven't seen anything other than the dog walking and food delivery since being in LA.

Maybe they should consider a less visible, more secure location, if concerned about terrorism and threats.

Just me but, I probably wouldn't be driving our of my secure gated community to walk my dog, for a paparazzi photo shoot, if I feared for my life.

Wonder where all these photos and videos are?

Haven't seen anything other than the dog walking and food delivery since being in LA.

Maybe they should consider a less visible, more secure location, if concerned about terrorism and threats.

Just me but, I probably wouldn't be driving our of my secure gated community to walk my dog, for a paparazzi photo shoot, if I feared for my life.

Why does this story sound so familiar?

Is Harry's new security team unable to provide suitable protection? He didn't have these flashback-style problems in Canada or the UK. What has changed for him since moving to celebrity-central?

“They were out driving in the last month in Los Angeles and were noticed by paparazzi,” the friend said. “They were then tailed, followed and chased by two cars, which were being driven very erratically. ... The photographer’s car was five meters away from causing a T-bone crash. It was incredibly dangerous, shocking and scary.”
Fearful Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Report Multiple Drone Flybys to LAPD, Will Now Pay for Own Security

Is Harry's new security team unable to provide suitable protection? He didn't have these flashback-style problems in Canada or the UK. What has changed for him since moving to celebrity-central?

“They were out driving in the last month in Los Angeles and were noticed by paparazzi,” the friend said. “They were then tailed, followed and chased by two cars, which were being driven very erratically. ... The photographer’s car was five meters away from causing a T-bone crash. It was incredibly dangerous, shocking and scary.”

They’d better get all over Tyler Perry for his lax security, hah!

They’d better get all over Tyler Perry for his lax security, hah!

That's another question: is Prince Charles or Markle's friend paying for security? Are both paying for security?

Lots of conflicting reports: Royal Source says one thing, friends of Markle say another thing. Reading between the lines, it sounds like Perry provides annual security costs at his house, excluding drones, and Prince Charles pays the security bill when the couple leave the house. If Charles is paying security costs when they leave the house, then that security is on call round the clock.

March 30, 2020

"Prince Charles is set to pay £2million every year in security costs for Prince Harry and Meghan Markle while they live in the US, according to a royal source. The royal couple's security bill could cost anywhere up to £4million, and Prince Charles is expected to pay a 'private contribution' toward the bill.

A royal source said: 'Charles has agreed to pay a ''private contribution'' to the Sussexes. 'It will not be revealed how much and what that is used for, but it is believed to be around £2 million. It would not be a surprise if it went into meeting the bill for security."​

Prince Charles will make £2m contribution to Prince Harry and Meghan's £4m-a-year security bill | Daily Mail Online

May 26, 2020

"The president tweeted that the U.S. government wouldn’t pay for any of the couple’s security costs now that they were in the country. The next day, their spokespeople confirmed that the couple already had private security. This Monday, the Daily Mail reported that Prince Charles has actually been paying for their guards, at an estimated cost of £4 million a year."​

The Mystery of Meghan and Harry’s Security Bill Has Been Solved

May 27 2020

"Friends of the Sussexes have hit back at claims that Prince Charles is footing the bill for Harry and Meghan's security costs in Los Angeles.

They instead allege that the couple are being protected by a private security team already in place at Tyler Perry's mansion in Los Angeles.

An insider told the Daily Mail earlier this week that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex could only afford to start paying off their £2.4million bill for Frogmore Cottage after Prince Charles had agreed to foot their astronomical security costs in the US.

A friend of the couple has now claimed that the Sussexes will pay for any security measures out of their own pocket in the future."​

Friends claim Meghan and Harry WILL pay for their own security | Daily Mail Online

It's not unusual for Markle to tell half of the story. For example, while she was asking the Royal Family to install a third fence at Frogmore Cottage, she was also setting up business to leave the Royal Family.

28 November 2019

"The fence, which is estimated to have cost the Crown Estate around £12,000, sits behind an traditional wooden picket fence which had surrounded the property and completely cuts out any views of the cottage's garden from nearby paths. ...

It comes after concerns were raised about how close visitors to neighbouring Frogmore House could get the cottage during annual open days this summer. ...

The royal couple are currently on an extended festive break, thought to be six weeks, and are today celebrating their first Thanksgiving with their baby son, Archie."​

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rkle-install-fence-Frogmore-Cottage-home.html

Its TPs secuity team that is watching them. Apparently he has full time security for his house 24/7. Lousy job of a team too. Big mistake moving to la la land. MOO

Its TPs secuity team that is watching them. Apparently he has full time security for his house 24/7. Lousy job of a team too. Big mistake moving to la la land. MOO

I believe that the home owner is continuing to provide security for his property. Clearly this doesn't include drone activity, but why would Perry care about drones.

I don't believe that Perry's home security provides personal security to the couple when they are away from his home. I believe the Royal Source that claims Prince Charles provides personal security for the couple. A security team has to be on call for Markle and Harry, and has to be paid round the clock even when the couple is at Perry's house. The security team also needs vehicles and a place to live.

The Canadian security team was running coffee errands for the couple. Presumably media from LA, UK and Canada were not that interested in them.

"Security guards were pictured outside the cafe holding coffee cups on January 30 and have since claimed they have been 'treated like skivvies' for the couple.

The Duke and Duchess's security is estimated to cost taxpayers in Canada and the UK between £3 million and £6 million a year, as staff work round the clock two weeks at a time. ...

Speaking to the Sun over the weekend, a source said: 'While the guys are happy to be out there doing the jobs, there is a feeling they are carrying out menial tasks, like picking up takeaways and groceries."​

Security is beefed up at Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's £11m Vancouver hideaway | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member