Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe its just me but I can't imagine having a medically fragile mother and a working father who lives in the sticks and not wanting to be there with her, if for no other reason than to make sure she has groceries, meals to eat and any medication she may need not to mention if god forbid she need a ride to the hospital or someone to call 911 if she got sick with Covid. I am in no way trying to blame the girls but you would think if your wife was in this kind of situation you would want your children there..if all you are worried about having the girls out of the house that is a huge red flag.
I have also been bothered that in the 25 second video he said the girls need you, nothing about me and the girls. Very weird to me.
But this was during the quarantine. They may have been protecting their Mom by allowing her to isolate herself. My kids love us very much, which is why we are just waving from the end of driveways and visiting on ZOOM these days. :(

Maybe its just me but I can't imagine having a medically fragile mother and a working father who lives in the sticks and not wanting to be there with her, if for no other reason than to make sure she has groceries, meals to eat and any medication she may need not to mention if god forbid she need a ride to the hospital or someone to call 911 if she got sick with Covid. I am in no way trying to blame the girls but you would think if your wife was in this kind of situation you would want your children there..if all you are worried about having the girls out of the house that is a huge red flag.
I have also been bothered that in the 25 second video he said the girls need you, nothing about me and the girls. Very weird to me.
Agree with everything you just said.

I'd bet on that. Sure LE wasn't thrilled with him discussing the bike and urging people to ask the sheriff about the condition of the bike.
Someone appears to have told him to shut down ... Sheriff or BM or maybe he realized it wasn’t an abduction, or accident as he had been told... I don’t think Sheriff/LE is telling people to be quiet, I think it’s the person quoted as “ being in charge of what happens for a long time,” by one of SM’s relatives.

No vigils, no particular place where candles, flowers, etc. have been assembled.
I knew it felt like something was missing besides pleas and public appeals for help! No vigils... interesting ... strange. I’ve gotten used to expecting these things, I guess.
Do you get the impression that speaking to press or having vigils is something BM would consider not appropriate for someone of his station?

Maybe she was fiercely independent and told her girls to carry on as usual, not wanting to deprive them of fun times at their age? I know someone who had MS and she steadfastly refused to ask her daughters (about the same age) to help her for those reasons.

I am not exactly on Team BM, and I do know that, statistically speaking, if SM was killed he would likely be implicated. But would LE's actions have been much different if, for example, someone who knows BM (for example, someone who helped with jobs) knew BM was going to be out of town on Mother's Day and perhaps killed SM at the house that weekend, leaving some subtle evidence of a crime but no body and perhaps staging the personal items? Is there anything in the thin file of evidence that we have that would exclude this possibility? The whole scene last weekend when they dug up the cement might be hard to explain, but if they suspected someone involved with the job (besides BM), maybe?

Not that I think this is what likely happened at all, but just trying to think outside the box a little. I greatly respect the tight-lipped investigation that LE is conducting here.

JMO.

I do think this is a plausible alternative theory. It could explain the bike/personal effects, the search of the house (if he did work for BM and would have been there), the search of the other site (in a way, makes more sense - I don't think you are a successful landscaper by moving dirt yourself - you bid the jobs and pay cheap labor to literally do the dirty work). Maybe even the silence by all could be a strategy to get this individual feeling a little confident/comfortable to the point where he messes up. I think this runs a distant second to the more plausible, obvious theory - but it's definitely worth considering and evaluating, IMO.

Because we know so little for certain, I still have suspicions about the state of her health. Her cancer returned...often an ominous diagnosis. She had to undergo treatment again. I have a friend in that position now. It’s both terrifying and depressing. The specter of death returns...

What kind of cancer treatment? How debilitating was that treatment? Do we really know that she had been told she “beat the cancer?” Or do we just know that she’d just finished what might have been an exhausting and difficult series of treatment?

The older daughter was heading to Colorado at the same time they picked up and moved there too. Was a desire to be near her daughter in case her “time” was short...a reason for the move? Was this a bucket list move?

Even before COVID, my friend needed to isolate herself after treatments....immunity being lowered. Was this something the family was accustomed to...after watching their wife and Mother have to endure a second set of cancer treatments?

Are there no recent pictures because this beautiful woman has been through so much...medically...that her appearance had changed and maybe she did not want pictures at this point in time?

Was she depressed on Mother’s Day weekend to be alone...and is there any suspicion that she may have ridden the bike and then just walked into that wilderness, ...either because of a diagnosis, or depression, or just exhaustion?

In time, LE may disclose that this is a murder. But till then...I wonder..
Welcome! Happy to see you here and appreciate your always kind and incredible insight!

I knew it felt like something was missing besides pleas and public appeals for help! No vigils... interesting ... strange. I’ve gotten used to expecting these things, I guess.
Do you get the impression that speaking to press or having vigils is something BM would consider not appropriate for someone of his station?
Can’t exactly be holding vigils when everyone is supposed to be isolating except for necessary things. Her own church isn’t even holding in-person services yet.

I’m confused. Why is SM being fashioned as a fragile being barely making it? (IMO)
She would be considered medically vulnerable, because of the pandemic, given her recent bouts with cancer. She may not be 'barely making it' ----but she would be considered medically fragile if she caught Covid19 at this point in her life. JMO IMO

Not really. What does he consider his station? No way of knowing. There's no rule book on how to behave in a situation like this. Everybody is different. Maybe the cops have told them all to keep a low profile.

My mom had a life altering stroke in December. I stayed with her for days while she was in ICU. I flew again to visit her in February and had another flight booked for April to celebrate her birthday. Obviously the April flight was not an option, and flying to see her in may was not an option either because she’s still very fragile. So we have tentative plans to visit in July, god willing. I can definitely understand why the daughters may not have been able to visit on Mother’s Day. My mom doesn’t want me to come until we all know it’s safe.

Mother's Day wouldn't prevent a trip from occurring if that's the time the girls had to take that trip.

Allegedly the girls were due to come back that Sunday (Mother's Day) from camping anyway. It's not a major holiday like Xmas, and this may be inconceivable, but not everybody celebrates every Hallmark Card holiday the same way. Some don't celebrate or make a big deal out of non-religious holidays. The girls being on a camping trip is not, IMO, suspicious or wrong. It's really best not to assume what's normal in someone else's life based on our own lives and habits.

bbm
Agreed.

Someone appears to have told him to shut down ... Sheriff or BM or maybe he realized it wasn’t an abduction, or accident as he had been told... I don’t think Sheriff/LE is telling people to be quiet, I think it’s the person quoted as “ being in charge of what happens for a long time,” by one of SM’s relatives.
Ita.
And I like how you put that. ;)

Last edited:
Mother's Day wouldn't prevent a trip from occurring if that's the time the girls had to take that trip.

Allegedly the girls were due to come back that Sunday (Mother's Day) from camping anyway. It's not a major holiday like Xmas, and this may be inconceivable, but not everybody celebrates every Hallmark Card holiday the same way. Some don't celebrate or make a big deal out of non-religious holidays. The girls being on a camping trip is not, IMO, suspicious or wrong. It's really best not to assume what's normal in someone else's life based on our own lives and habits.
bbm
I've been looking for a link for that and will post if I find it.

Although the trip may or may not be important -- the distance is, imo.
nearly 14 + hours from Salida to the state they were at !
A long ways away.

Last edited:
Although the trip may or may not be important -- the distance is, imo.
nearly 14 + hours from Salida to the state they were at !
A long ways away.

The girls had no idea their mother would suddenly go missing. People live their lives, which includes travel and trips to other states. They weren't on the opposite side of the world. To me the distance is irrelevant and there was nothing wrong with going on a planned camping trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefdartz