GUILTY CT - Peter Manfredonia, 23, suspect in two murders with a samurai sword, Willington, May 2020 *ARREST*

He is a nice looking young man. He could of had a wonderful future. I see sadness in his eyes.
In his booking photo, all I see in his eyes is NOTHING. To me they seem completely blank - no sadness, no anger, no soul. Just empty.

It's so sad because I look at the earlier photos (before the one with the dreadlocks) and he looks so NORMAL.

My greatest sympathy is with the victims, their families and friends, the original girl that was targeted and her family, etc. I also feel so very sad for the community of Sandy Hook. They must feel like they are in a nightmare that never ends. But I also have sympathy for PM's family and, if mental illness does turn out to be a factor, I feel for PM, too.

As a parent, I think we have all had times when our kids have said or done something that makes us not like them very much - even though we still love them even during those times. Several months before my oldest son died (33 y/o), the son of an acquaintance (DP) was charged (and later convicted) of murdering his girlfriend and her father in a very brutal manner. He was about the same age as my son and they went to the same school but weren't in the same circle of friends. My son said that he hung out with the group that was know to party (drink & get high) but that they weren't the hardcore party crowd (into more serious drugs) as far as he knew and he was surprised to see that DP did such a horrible thing. The trial revealed problems with opioid addiction and anger management issues, but it had been 15 years since my son knew of him in high school.

After my son died, I remember at some point thinking that, although my son was dead, I would much rather have "lost" my son to death than to have "lost" my son to the prison system like DP's family. Maybe it is an odd coping mechanism, but I cherish all of the wonderful "Chris stories" that were told at my son's funeral and in the four years since. The memories of how much people loved my son and the wonderful things he did for others has always given me something so powerful to hold onto.

I have always felt so much sorrow for DP's mom - I can't imagine what it must be like to know that your son took the lives of two people, leaving the girlfriend's 16 y/o sister alone in a world without her father and sister (their mother had died about two years prior to this). DP probably would have killed her, too, but he didn't realize she was home, asleep. It must be awful to know your son will spend the rest of his life in prison - what type of "life" is that, really? - and that people aren't going to share wonderful stories about her son with her.

In his booking photo, all I see in his eyes is NOTHING. To me they seem completely blank - no sadness, no anger, no soul. Just empty.

It's so sad because I look at the earlier photos (before the one with the dreadlocks) and he looks so NORMAL.

My greatest sympathy is with the victims, their families and friends, the original girl that was targeted and her family, etc. I also feel so very sad for the community of Sandy Hook. They must feel like they are in a nightmare that never ends. But I also have sympathy for PM's family and, if mental illness does turn out to be a factor, I feel for PM, too.

As a parent, I think we have all had times when our kids have said or done something that makes us not like them very much - even though we still love them even during those times. Several months before my oldest son died (33 y/o), the son of an acquaintance (DP) was charged (and later convicted) of murdering his girlfriend and her father in a very brutal manner. He was about the same age as my son and they went to the same school but weren't in the same circle of friends. My son said that he hung out with the group that was know to party (drink & get high) but that they weren't the hardcore party crowd (into more serious drugs) as far as he knew and he was surprised to see that DP did such a horrible thing. The trial revealed problems with opioid addiction and anger management issues, but it had been 15 years since my son knew of him in high school.

After my son died, I remember at some point thinking that, although my son was dead, I would much rather have "lost" my son to death than to have "lost" my son to the prison system like DP's family. Maybe it is an odd coping mechanism, but I cherish all of the wonderful "Chris stories" that were told at my son's funeral and in the four years since. The memories of how much people loved my son and the wonderful things he did for others has always given me something so powerful to hold onto.

I have always felt so much sorrow for DP's mom - I can't imagine what it must be like to know that your son took the lives of two people, leaving the girlfriend's 16 y/o sister alone in a world without her father and sister (their mother had died about two years prior to this). DP probably would have killed her, too, but he didn't realize she was home, asleep. It must be awful to know your son will spend the rest of his life in prison - what type of "life" is that, really? - and that people aren't going to share wonderful stories about her son with her.
That story is very sad. Tragic

Angelcat13 I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad you have wonderful memories of your son to cherish always.

Angelcat, I’m so sorry you lost your son. Thank you for sharing with us your thoughts and feelings about losing a son... whether he died or is spending his life in prison. My heart and prayers go out to you. And to the victims and their families and to PM’s family. xox

I am sorry on the loss of your son. I can't imagine the pain you have endured.

People with family members with mental illness are often stuck in a nether place, especially if the mental illness is also connected to a crime. Drug addiction combined with mental illnesses are so tricky. You want to talk about the illness but many people assume that by talking about the impact of the illness you are trying to excuse the crime, when, in fact, you might not be at all. People who love a person with mental illness can have great memories and positive moments but, it is true that if the illness created behaviors that were violent or otherwise insidious it is harder to keep the good rather than see all of the negatives.

I think the "life" one makes in prison can become more positive even if a person is there for life. But, again, a loved one can't talk about it too much for fear that others think they are justifying their prior behaviors. I had a cousin who was a drug addict and dealer who did horrible things. In prison, he worked to turn his life around with many stumblings along the way. It was hard to talk about the "ups " without the "downs" of his life/choices/illnesses. When he was released, he couldn't get away from it and relapsed-- his kids suffered and his mom suffered once again. When he died (in a car wreck), the positive stories flowed but it was hard to feel like people weren't lying and missing his true life. His sister finally talked and relieved the tension by talking about the horrid choices/behaviors but also talked about the redeeming qualities he had--his laugh, his love for his kids even though imperfect, his growing up behaviors, etc. It made what was almost unbearable bearable. Just my experience.

I am sorry on the loss of your son. I can't imagine the pain you have endured.

People with family members with mental illness are often stuck in a nether place, especially if the mental illness is also connected to a crime. Drug addiction combined with mental illnesses are so tricky. You want to talk about the illness but many people assume that by talking about the impact of the illness you are trying to excuse the crime, when, in fact, you might not be at all. People who love a person with mental illness can have great memories and positive moments but, it is true that if the illness created behaviors that were violent or otherwise insidious it is harder to keep the good rather than see all of the negatives.

I think the "life" one makes in prison can become more positive even if a person is there for life. But, again, a loved one can't talk about it too much for fear that others think they are justifying their prior behaviors. I had a cousin who was a drug addict and dealer who did horrible things. In prison, he worked to turn his life around with many stumblings along the way. It was hard to talk about the "ups " without the "downs" of his life/choices/illnesses. When he was released, he couldn't get away from it and relapsed-- his kids suffered and his mom suffered once again. When he died (in a car wreck), the positive stories flowed but it was hard to feel like people weren't lying and missing his true life. His sister finally talked and relieved the tension by talking about the horrid choices/behaviors but also talked about the redeeming qualities he had--his laugh, his love for his kids even though imperfect, his growing up behaviors, etc. It made what was almost unbearable bearable. Just my experience.
Thank you. And I am so sorry for your loss, too. No matter what our kids do, I think we can all look back on certain "snapshots" in our memory for the cherished little boy (or girl). For most of us, this happens when our child has done something really minor - kind of like when they are difficult but when they fall asleep you look at them and they seem so sweet. It must be unbearable for a parent of a child who has done really bad things (like murder) to think back to the sweet, smiling toddler riding their tricycle and have to deal with want went so horribly wrong at some point.

When I first read it, I thought they meant (but misspelled) "corroborate". But it is interesting that the definition of "cohobate" references "distillate" and "distillation" - considering PM's father is/was President of Eastside Distilling.

They are two different men (per the Eastside site and the news reports of the CT man). MHO.

Last edited:
What happened at the PC? Anything new?

It was about 12 minutes. Taken into custody peacefully, told get prone and did. He was walking along the tree line as the agencies were planning next steps, officer noticed him and they approached. Bag was about 100 yards away. He led them to it. Got a tip he was in the area. Not nec. related but Uber was helpful. Will be brought back to CT in near future. Families of victims are relieved. Charges will be leveled soon. When he comes back to CT they will serve him with warrant. He waived extradition. Agencies all cooperated well.

Link:

It was about 12 minutes. Taken into custody peacefully, told get prone and did. He was walking along the tree line as the agencies were planning next steps, officer noticed him and they approached. Bag was about 100 yards away. He led them to it. Got a tip he was in the area. Not nec. related but Uber was helpful. Will be brought back to CT in near future. Families of victims are relieved. Charges will be leveled soon. When he comes back to CT they will serve him with warrant. He waived extradition. Agencies all cooperated well.

Link:
The questions were really hard to hear, but I'm not sure why he was hanging around the gas station still. I almost feel as if he wasn't sure where to go or what to do next. Almost like maybe he did have manic episode or break and was almost lost and coming to a realization what he had done.

The questions were really hard to hear, but I'm not sure why he was hanging around the gas station still. I almost feel as if he wasn't sure where to go or what to do next. Almost like maybe he did have manic episode or break and was almost lost and coming to a realization what he had done.

They didn't answer anything about why, where, what except the details I relayed earlier. Most questions were answered with, "I can't answer that."

The thing I want to know about is the reporter asking the question about the kidnapping victim saying she was ______ (I couldn't understand his word) which was met with the same reply of "I can't answer that."

Doesn't seem to be a lot of new info.

This is so very sad. Condolences to the family an loved ones of all victims.
Loved Ones Remember Derby Homicide Victim Nick Eisele as ‘Quirky, Happy Young Guy’
Loved Ones Remember Derby Homicide Victim Nick Eisele as ‘Quirky, Happy Young Guy’
Zingaro said Eisele was a "quirky, happy young guy" and very family-oriented. The family believes the 23-year-old died as a hero trying to protect his girlfriend who was later abducted.

“In the family’s opinion the healing process will not begin until the successful prosecution of Peter Manfredonia for these two murders and other crimes, a just sentence and denial in any and all appeals. And only then will this family be able to start the healing process.”

I hope that healing comes quickly for them.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back