MN - George Floyd, unarmed man killed in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Medical examiner concludes George Floyd didn't die of asphyxia

...”Medical Examiner's office is pending but so far has found "no physical findings that support a diagnosis of traumatic asphyxia or strangulation."

Floyd's underlying health conditions included coronary artery disease and hypertensive heart disease. The report says the underlying health conditions, combined with Chauvin's restraint and any possible intoxicants...”

let’s see if this is used to exonerate the killer. -:rolleyes:

MOO- Yea I think the lengthy time spent in that position with the forceful compression, triggered the cascading events that directly led to his death.

And I feel fairly confident in saying he’d be alive and well had they simply cited him or called an ambulance the minute he said he was having trouble breathing and was claustrophobic... again just MOO.

Really wish Elon Musk would invent the do-over button

Hello All,

I live in a second tier Minneapolis suburb to the north. Anoka County. Minneapolis has a set curfew for tonight and the current chatter is that the riots will be heading our way. Every business nearby is closed and boarded up. It's really surreal seeing all of this.

We are also under curfew orders... The order came out about half an hour ago. So one more hour and then we'll see how the night goes. Prayers are appreciated. ❤ I feel like our police are ready. Lots of hunters in my particular neighborhood, so I know homes have firearms. Let's hope and pray it doesn't get ugly.

Hello All,

I live in a second tier Minneapolis suburb to the north. Anoka County. Minneapolis has a set curfew for tonight and the current chatter is that the riots will be heading our way. Every business nearby is closed and boarded up. It's really surreal seeing all of this.

We are also under curfew orders... The order came out about half an hour ago. So one more hour and then we'll see how the night goes. Prayers are appreciated. ❤ I feel like our police are ready. Lots of hunters in my particular neighborhood, so I know homes have firearms. Let's hope and pray it doesn't get ugly.
Stay safe. :(

White House briefly locked down as unrest spreads to Atlanta, DC, NYC after George Floyd death

The White House is under lock down Friday night, as protests over George Floyd’s death are spreading nationwide and have reached the U.S. capital.

Fox News and other members of the press were immediately moved inside as the White House went into lockdown. A dozen reporters are still inside the West Wing.

Floyd, a black man from Minneapolis died in police custody this week after a white officer pinned him down by pressing his knee into the back of Floyd’s neck.

I don’t agree in making a generalized statement about every police officer in the whole Universe. There are many many good LEO’s out there.
So no.
ADMIN NOTE:

Generalized bashing of law enforcement is not allowed. Stick to this case and don't make blanket derogatory statements about LE.

Thank you!

Me too. We have a scheduled protest in our city tomorrow. I feel like by sitting idly by, I’m not supporting the cause. However, I also fear by getting actively involved I’m welcoming violence and/or getting arrested.
Same here. I may have to grab my zabuton cushions, make a standing sign and try to protest silently beside others in solidarity?

ETA: there are (at this time) peaceful protests Downtown Indianapolis at Monument Circle.

Attachments

• 60CD9EBD-3BFD-4EE2-8571-3EF4026C26AA.jpeg
    60CD9EBD-3BFD-4EE2-8571-3EF4026C26AA.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Hello All,

that must be bizarre and terrifying for you
check in with us when you're able

My neighbor is a sheriff and mounted officer. I am sitting in my backyard watching them get everything together to respond as mounted patrol in Houston. This isn’t a routine call out otherwise they would have the horses bathed and cleaned up. I’m praying for him, his sweet little mare, the peaceful protesters and the city of Houston tonight.

if I hear about any horses or other animals getting hurt, I will lose my mind

Hello All,

I know you are scared. Growing up I experienced several riots in my town. Really scary when my Uncles showed up with guns to help my dad protect our business.

We all piled in mom and dads big bed and prayed. The sirens all night and the darkness were the worse part. Hold tight to your loved ones.

Will pray for your safety and peace for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member