Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I need a drink to process all of that. Wow. What on earth?

I wish I could explain it to you but I am stuck on the house being sold in Sept 2015 and then bought again by B and S M.
Actually, if you do a property search at the Chaffee County Central appraisal district site all the specifics of the property are there including names of all the people who have owned the land. In 2008, a couple sold the property to another couple. In 2015, the property was sold to a trust in a woman’s name. In 2018, it was sold to the Morphews. Pretty straightforward.

Psychological tactic IMO. It can be quite powerful to talk directly to a missing loved one, even if they are not the ones the message is intended for. I'm not sure if he was advised to phrase it this way, but it's very common in missing persons cases

Interesting...I wonder if the shaking the head "NO" throughout BM's FB plea and the double blinking in certain parts and maybe some "key" words were used (with the help of LE) to send a message to abductor(s). It has crossed my mind... Just MOO

Look at the Tax Assessor's database for a more complete story.
If that loaded link doesn't work, go here: Chaffee Colorado Assessor Office

Accept the disclaimer.
Search on last name of the owner.
You get the history of the site.

Not sure how they had a building permit in 2008 but maybe they were part of the trust that owned it. One thing to consider is that the entire building permit history of that house is not available online. Maybe the county pulled it because people were being nosy, or someone typod something. If you look at any other address, you see every permit that was pulled and when it passed inspection - electrical, framing, etc. For comparison, on the permit search just enter PUMA PATH in the address field, nothing else, and you get a nearby house and you can see all of the permits.

At the Building Permit site that I linked before, there is also 19075 Puma Path, which is a vacant lot but shows a completed permit for electrical service installation. There is also 19087 Puma Path which shows 23 completed permits from 2012 to 2020. The assessor's site shows that the house on that lot is fully developed.
From either the assessor or builder site, click on MAP. You have to kind of take it slow and think as you trace the winding Puma Path, but there are only the three properties which face it. That's all of the addresses that will ever be on Puma Path.
Building Department Permit Search Home

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-05-26 qPublic net - Chaffee County, CO - Map.png
    Screenshot_2020-05-26 qPublic net - Chaffee County, CO - Map.png
    760.5 KB · Views: 24
This is so WEIRD...
It appears they bought the Colorado land/property in July 2008 for 325k. Per Dave’s find, they started building the following month. It was first listed for sale in 5/2011 for 1.2m. The listing was removed 10/2012 after a year and 5 months without being sold.
The listing was removed again in Dec 2013, because they changed realtors at this time. In 1/2014 new realtor listed for 1.1m. By May 2014, they reduced price to 998k.
In 2/2015 the listing was once again removed. Then listed again in April 2015 for same price. In Aug 2015 the listing was removed again.
The house SOLD in Sept 2015 for 1.1m.
The house was listed AGAIN in Dec 2017 for 1.5m with yet another realtor- pending sale Jan 31 2018 - and Sold to BM/SM April 2018.
I’m wondering if they bought their own house to give it more value? Surely they didn’t sell it for 1.1m and then turn around two years later and buy it back for 1.575m ...
Maybe one of y’all can explain this?
Under price and tax history
https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/19057-Puma-Path-Salida-CO-81201/96847591_zpid/
TAX INFORMATION MODULE
when in doubt - follow the property taxes and they paid them under their name every year. What does it mean? Imo they owned that property in anticipation of retiring there - Together -they had a 10 year plan.
JMO

Interesting... I'm checking pinterest for a Suzanne Morphew (?), found lots of boards such as HOUSE collection and SHED collection pins plus many other boards and noticed the HOUSE collection is flagged with "Last updated 10 weeks ago" but the SHED collection is flagged with "updated 7 days ago". I'm checking the other boards now.

Updated 7 days ago?

The account might not be this SM's but who knows. There is no photo.

ETA: it's likely not hers but given the board collections it seems like it could be. The HOUSE collection pins are all of expensive houses and such.

Last edited:
Actually, if you do a property search at the Chaffee County Central appraisal district site all the specifics of the property are there including names of all the people who have owned the land. In 2008, a couple sold the property to another couple. In 2015, the property was sold to a trust in a woman’s name. In 2018, it was sold to the Morphews. Pretty straightforward.

But Post #636 by Oviedo, has a link to the property tax information, which shows the Morphews have paid taxes on it every year since 2008. Doesn’t seem so straight forward to me - but what do I know?! MOO

@KnoxGirl103
you say in 2008 and 2015 it was sold, but not to the Morphews.
But they have paid property taxes on it every year since 2008. I am getting confused!
The property tax site always shows the current owner regardless of the tax year you look up. If you look up other properties in Chaffee County that have sold in the last year and look up their tax history for previous years it will always show the current owner, not the prior owner. The site only shows tax dollar and allocation history, not owner history, I believe.

Guys... The previous owners (before 2018) are public record. The house was sold to the Morphews in 2018. They bought it under their real names, as joint tenants, personally. No trust, no LLC, just BM&SM. The ONLY THING that proves ownership is the deed.

Real property is unique because things attach to it- permits, property tax, easements, covenants. They “travel with the land.” Transfer to the new owners. Databases will cite the parcel number or address and not create new records at every sale. The important thing is that records stay with the land so new owners fully understand (and can prove!) what rights and permits and easements their land has.

This lists the sales and owners:

Beacon - Chaffee County, CO - Report: R368531400097

In 2008 vacant land was sold from Owners 1 to Owners 2.

In 2015 a built home was sold from Owners 2 to Owner 3, a revocable trust.

In 2018, the home was quit claimed from Owner 3 trust to Owner 3 LLC. This was likely done because of trust restrictions. It was on the same day then sold to BM and SM.

Last edited:
Guys... The previous owners (before 2018) are public record. The house was sold to the Morphews in 2018. They bought it under their real names, as joint tenants, personally. No trust, no LLC, just BM&SM. The ONLY THING that proves ownership is the deed.

Real property is unique because things attach to it- permits, property tax, easements, covenants. They “travel with the land.” Transfer to the new owners. Databases will cite the parcel number or address and not create new records at every sale. The important thing is that records stay with the land so new owners fully understand (and can prove!) what rights and permits and easements their land has.

This lists the sales and owners:

Beacon - Chaffee County, CO - Report: R368531400097

Thank you.
All this real estate stuff is confusing to me and I'm not even sure how/why it has anything to do with anything?
Maybe it does and I just don't see the connection.
It is interesting, even though I don't understand most of it.

Can anyone see if this article is interesting? I can't see it due to living in europe.

https://t.co/BX1HsUc7Uz?amp=1
It's dated from May 21, so mostly "old" news and previously stated info. I don't remember reading this statement from BM's uncle though. BBM

Bob M, the uncle of Suzanne Morphew’s husband, told KXRM-TV that family is “terrified,” and he described the missing woman as “one of the sweetest people you would ever want to meet” and “the kind of person that everybody loved.”

He said he is certain his nephew is not involved in Suzanne Morphew’s disappearance.

“They’re a loving couple and I’ve never seen any kind of unhappiness with each other or produced by either one of them,” he noted. “He loves her and he wants her back… I think anybody that ever knew them at any point in their married life would tell you that they were as loving of a couple as you would find anywhere.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member