TX - Leslie Squair Baker, 59, murdered in driveway in broad daylight, Dallas, 25 May 2020 *ARRESTS*

Sources: Dallas Police Make Arrests In Driveway Murder Of Hospital PR Executive Leslie Baker

“Detectives were led to the suspects’ location after another carjacking in Richardson Tuesday night.

Sources said the arrest was made on Deerwood in Dallas and that Baker, 59, was killed during a random attempted carjacking.”
Just unbelievable and downright sickening. Murders are always horrendous crimes, no matter the victim or the motive. But for some reason, the violent murders of random strangers are the ones which keep me up at nights. They’re a harsh reminder that crime can literally strike anywhere and anyone. If it had been an ordered hit, somehow in my mind I think I could have on some level rationalized the mastermind’s thinking. They didn’t necessarily WANT to order a murder, but because of a perceived injustice or problem with the victim, they thought it was the only way to solve it. I know that’s a humongous stretch in morality and logic, but I can at least kind of see how a troubled mind could arrive at such an awful decision.

But as long as I live, I will never understand the human garbage who target random individuals for crime and take their lives from them just for fun. Zero remorse. Killing someone you know for a perceived reason? Awful. But killing a complete stranger for no reason at all? Downright inhuman.

The ONLY ray of hope that the good guys have is that the filth that commit these crimes are often some of the dumbest individuals on the planet. You have to have the brain of a toddler or just downright not care about being caught to commit a violent crime in broad daylight in a wealthy neighborhood overloaded with cameras and recording devices which will capture everything from your face to your license plate.

There won’t be any kind of closure to this crime which will make me feel any better, other than the family seeing justice for her death. But I am curious to see the ages and faces of these monsters and to know just how many other crimes they committed. They were dumb enough to carjack someone else just one day later, when they should have known that any such crime would be reported and instantly flagged by Dallas police. I also want to know why they felt they had to kill her. Did she resist? Did she fight them? Did she show a gun? Or did they just pull the trigger that many times just for no reason at all?

A wife, mother, friend, and co-worker has her life taken from her for literally nothing. Just so sickening and so sad.

Great job, though, by Dallas homicide detectives on this one.

And not that it matters, but the area where the trash was arrested is Redbird-Wolf Creek. It’s a complete dump, and it’s bordered by the South Oak Cliff neighborhood (ghetto gangland) to the north and the city of DeSoto (older, low income, high crime) to the south.

What’s surprising is that that whole area is a good 15-20 minutes south of downtown Dallas, while Preston Hollow is a good 15-20 minutes north of downtown Dallas. They were as far as 45 minutes from their home area when they murdered her.

Last edited:
Just unbelievable and downright sickening. Murders are always horrendous crimes, no matter the victim or the motive. But for some reason, the violent murders of random strangers are the ones which keep me up at nights. They’re a harsh reminder that crime can literally strike anywhere and anyone. If it had been an ordered hit, somehow in my mind I think I could have on some level rationalized the mastermind’s thinking. They didn’t necessarily WANT to order a murder, but because of a perceived injustice or problem with the victim, they thought it was the only way to solve it. I know that’s a humongous stretch in morality and logic, but I can at least kind of see how a troubled mind could arrive at such an awful decision.

But as long as I live, I will never understand the human garbage who target random individuals for crime and take their lives from them just for fun. Zero remorse. Killing someone you know for a perceived reason? Awful. But killing a complete stranger for no reason at all? Downright inhuman.
SBM BBM

Yes, I totally agree. All murder is sickening and wrong, but most of the time you can see how a decision (albeit a bad one) can be made. But these random ones scare the heck out of me. Could be any of us.
Now this woman adored by many is gone. For what. Nothing.

I assume the arrested will be young men. Teens or early 20s. Probably been getting into trouble for years.

Last edited by a moderator:
SBM BBM

Yes, I totally agree. All murder is sickening and wrong, but most of the time you can see how a decision (albeit a bad one) can be made. But these random ones scare the heck out of me. Could be any of us.
Now this woman adored my many is gone. For what. Nothing.

I assume the arrested will be young men. Teens or early 20s. Probably been getting into trouble for years.
You called it! Fox4 is reporting that one juvenile is being charged with capital murder in her death. The others must be receiving lesser charges after being questioned by detectives overnight. His age and immaturity do somewhat explain the overkill with 6 shots and the complete stupidity with which he committed the crime.

Wow - and yet they won’t name them ? Thanks for the update @TxGidget
Fox4 is reporting that the gunman being charged with capital murder is a juvenile and therefore won’t be named. How does a human being get so screwed up so quickly that he commits a random and savage driveway murder before he even turns 18?

I guess the death penalty is off the table but I hope and pray to God this cold-blooded murderer gets LWOP. And throw the book at all of them! To behave in such a brazen, violent manner at such young ages shows that they will never be functioning members of society. In my opinion, they ALL need to be in prison for life.

Sources said the arrest was made on Deerwood in Dallas and that Baker, 59, was killed during a random attempted carjacking.”
This is horrible. Attempted car jacking? Shot her 6 times. Can’t imagine she resisted or threatened him. Can you imagine being the friend on the phone with her.

This is horrible. Attempted car jacking? Shot her 6 times. Can’t imagine she resisted or threatened him. Can you imagine being the friend on the phone with her.
Just caught up. Glad they caught the juvenile delinquent. I agree about her poor friend, he /she must be devastated, horrible thing to have happen.

I thought about Elizabeth Barazza too. I was starting to think you might have a serial hit man in Texas!

If they are tried as juveniles, do they only get jailed u til they are 21 years old?
Two of the suspects arrested are adults, and are charged with capital murder. They could get the death penalty or life without parole. They will not be getting out when they're 21.
I also imagine the 16-year old will be tried as an adult and could get life in prison.

We can not change things that need to be changed, if we can not acknowledge the problem.
There was a whole slew of comments here but they're gone now. I care about this crime but what's the point. I want to do something to change these types of crimes. Can only do that if you address the reasons for the crimes. If that is "race baiting" then we have a difference of opinion.
We can not change things that need to be changed, if we can not acknowledge the problem.
#BLM
#AndSoDoEveryoneElses

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa