Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the weekend so maybe something will be found with more people out and about? I’m sure they are watching BM like a hawk! Anyone else going to watch the SpaceX launch today? (fingers crossed weather permitting). I’m watching the NASA channel - the astronauts (Crew Dragon) just did their walk out and got in a Tesla of course to travel to the launch pad! Pretty cool! Back on topic it continues to surprise me that more MSM has not picked up on Suzanne’s story like for one example Laci Peterson. BM reminds me of SP. Remember how Laci’s family supported Scott until AF showed up? At first I thought someone might have kidnapped her to steal her baby. That would have been an interesting case to follow on WS! I hope and pray SM doesn’t end up like LP but if she is she deserves the same justice!!! Yes I’m talking about THAT penalty!

It is also possible to exceed coverage limits with cancer therapy. It can be so expensive. After that, you're on your own, paying out of pocket. Moo

The 2010 ACA prohibits annual and lifetime limits for essential services, which standard cancer treatment is. It also prohibited lack of coverage and increased premiums for pre-existing conditions.

There are copay and shared costs, but nothing like before where a lifetime of assets would be wiped out.

Lifetime & Annual Limits

That is a poor database If true IMO - the people who paid the taxes shouldn’t be overwritten by current owner information - jeez
Thanks for that info
JMO
A simplistic way to think about it is that the tax roll history is attached to the property and not the person. It’s the transfer of ownership that can paint a picture of who might have paid the taxes. (It doesn’t always paint the whole picture, ie. my brother could pay my property tax responsibility for me.). In the year of a sale of the property, the taxes are usually pro-rated between the buyer and seller.

Some people who's loved one has gone missing rant and rage at LE to "find them!!", while other people step back and wait for LE to do their thing and get back to them with a 'we found' or 'we didn't find'.

In these cases where the family remains mostly quiet and LE becomes a frozen Marcel Marceau, the silence can be deafening, and frustrating.

In this case, IMO, maybe the family will be waiting a long time, as will all of us. Maybe LE, IMO, knows little beyond the bike and personal items, maybe the initial path of abduction. But, given that LE saw fit to search a job site property they might not trust the possible abduction path, at least not up until the property search resulted in no findings (assumed) so, back to the abduction possibility?

At this point, we have no definitive knowledge that could be used to lay a solid groundwork to accuse the person who typically is first choice in this type of case (a disappeared spouse). I'm not sure we can extrapolate further from the fact LE was able to obtain warrants to lock down & search the family house and to search a spouse's job-related property. Or, can we?

Does LE/the DA fear the quality of a defense that can be argued when a defendant seemingly has one or more millions at their disposal to pay for such a defense?

A first thought might be to follow a debt angle. Is money owed? How much? To who? Who's life is insured? For how much? Typical movie plot lines. Who knows.

I've been laid back from this case, checking news sources from time to time, checking Websleuths from time to time to see if I missed a news item... and so far, both have come up dry.

It's time for me to sit back and wait for LE to come to life with updated info and then maybe go from there. Until then, I'm keeping a sweater at the ready.

Artificially inflate, then take the equity out in cash. moo
How does that work?
So, you pay for a house—staying clear of current and sticking with a hypothetical—that is 100% more than book value. So, $2M when it's valued by an appraiser at $1M. How do you take out equity if the house is only appraised at $1M? If you paid cash, you only have $1M in equity. The other $1M is lost to you until the house appreciates.
This maybe a sophisticated concept, I dunno; nevertheless my naïve brain (and certainly my pocketbook) can't come up with the benefits of paying "too much" for real estate. For a regular person, I mean, not the kind that hangs out with Russian mobsters.

It didn’t make sense to me for him to speak to her... maybe a ploy to make us think either she left willingly or that she was abducted and like in the movies ... the kidnappers were sitting around with Suzanne waiting to hear from Barry.
Maybe he’s watched Ruthless People?
BBM- One of my favorite Old Movies. Love it !!
BM video speaking right out to SM was weird, like a plea for her to come back or something.
This whole case is weird. JMO

Because SM has recovered from cancer maybe she was lacking energy and has not yet got around to putting her touches to the new home? Perhaps just focussing on herself and her hobbies (like cycling) for the time being, with a view to working on the new place in the future?
Maybe even feeling a bit depressed and/or displaced and not quite up to it yet?

No idea. Just throwing it out there.
That makes perfect sense! She may have put it off until she was 100%, to be able to enjoy the process...to me the decor in the house does not in any way point to a husband’s control issues.
She may have decorated it in a masculine manner as an affectionate gesture to him.
Some people who's loved one has gone missing rant and rage at LE to "find them!!", while other people step back and wait for LE to do their thing and get back to them with a 'we found' or 'we didn't find'.

In these cases where the family remains mostly quiet and LE becomes a frozen Marcel Marceau, the silence can be deafening, and frustrating.

In this case, IMO, maybe the family will be waiting a long time, as will all of us. Maybe LE, IMO, knows little beyond the bike and personal items, maybe the initial path of abduction. But, given that LE saw fit to search a job site property they might not trust the possible abduction path, at least not up until the property search resulted in no findings (assumed) so, back to the abduction possibility?

At this point, we have no definitive knowledge that could be used to lay a solid groundwork to accuse the person who typically is first choice in this type of case (a disappeared spouse). I'm not sure we can extrapolate further from the fact LE was able to obtain warrants to lock down & search the family house and to search a spouse's job-related property. Or, can we?

Does LE/the DA fear the quality of a defense that can be argued when a defendant seemingly has one or more millions at their disposal to pay for such a defense?

A first thought might be to follow a debt angle. Is money owed? How much? To who? Who's life is insured? For how much? Typical movie plot lines. Who knows.

I've been laid back from this case, checking news sources from time to time, checking Websleuths from time to time to see if I missed a news item... and so far, both have come up dry.

It's time for me to sit back and wait for LE to come to life with updated info and then maybe go from there. Until then, I'm keeping a sweater at the ready.

Excellent points! Even if we had some inside path to answer some of these questions, at this point they could not be shared here.

I have very little expertise, on much of the areas discussed, other than personality types, behaviors, and do not want to continue on that...

My big question remains the bike, either she went on ride or did not...either it WAS staged or it was not?
The answer to that should determine direction investigation takes.IMO
To qualify that, the major investigation.

however, simultaneously, all options require some degree of follow up. I assume that is standard procedure.

IMO, all known predators in area should have been checked off by now. Any known stalkers or grudge bearers,etc.

We should be close to answers, or NOT?

Because bicycle geeks like to examine every micro detail of every bike out there. It's what we do.
BUT.... color is only a micro aspect of this tendency, so feel thankful we haven't been discussing derailleurs or comparing the forks of different brands and models on the basis of relative flex resistance.
DH refers to it as his bike *advertiser censored*.
:D

It’s the weekend so maybe something will be found with more people out and about? I’m sure they are watching BM like a hawk! Anyone else going to watch the SpaceX launch today? (fingers crossed weather permitting). I’m watching the NASA channel - the astronauts (Crew Dragon) just did their walk out and got in a Tesla of course to travel to the launch pad! Pretty cool! Back on topic it continues to surprise me that more MSM has not picked up on Suzanne’s story like for one example Laci Peterson. BM reminds me of SP. Remember how Laci’s family supported Scott until AF showed up? At first I thought someone might have kidnapped her to steal her baby. That would have been an interesting case to follow on WS! I hope and pray SM doesn’t end up like LP but if she is she deserves the same justice!!! Yes I’m talking about THAT penalty!
I agree, however The State of Colorado no longer has the DP in effect July 1, 2020 IIRC

The reason for CSI and FBI being involved in the missing mom case is because Chaffee County sheriffs office is small. I did talk with my cousin. And she is also following this case.
There have been so many rumors as to what happened. Until information is provided by LE
that are not rumors they are still investigating this missing mom.

Last edited:
For someone from England all this property chat is very confusing.
How does it relate to Suzanne going missing?
People were looking at various real estate and tax records for the CO house in connection with the question of whether SM's disappearance may have been financially motived. A couple of the records appeared to indicate that something was amiss. More digging ensued. At the end of the day, it doesn't look (to me, at least) like there is anything suspicious there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288