The British Royal Family #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good to see that the future king and his wife are demanding that the slanderous article is wiped from the internet.

"The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are understood to be taking legal action against society bible Tatler magazine after it published a 'string of lies' about Kate.

In a highly unusual move, the couple have sent legal letters to the magazine demanding its profile of the Duchess – headlined 'Catherine the Great' – be removed from the internet.

It comes after Kensington Palace issued a fiercely critical statement on last week's article which it said contained a 'swathe of inaccuracies and false representations'."​

Kate and William to sue Tatler over 'cruel, sexist and woman-shaming' article | Daily Mail Online

I am glad the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are suing Tatler magazine the article is absolutely outrageous. The magazine and author have made a massive mistake in publishing it as many of their readers are strong royalists. They will not appreciate the derogatory comments made about the Duchess of Cambridge and her family. The Duchess of Cambridge is a wonderful Lady who is a very highly regarded member of the royal family. Her family are not public figures and should be given the privacy they deserve. It is hard to believe Tatler has conducted itself in such a trashy manner that is more in keeping with a downmarket supermarket tabloid magazine.

I hope everyone is well.

I am glad the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are suing Tatler magazine the article is absolutely outrageous. The magazine and author have made a massive mistake in publishing it as many of their readers are strong royalists. They will not appreciate the derogatory comments made about the Duchess of Cambridge and her family. The Duchess of Cambridge is a wonderful Lady who is a very highly regarded member of the royal family. Her family are not public figures and should be given the privacy they deserve. It is hard to believe Tatler has conducted itself in such a trashy manner that is more in keeping with a downmarket supermarket tabloid magazine.

I hope everyone is well.
Ironic that this article was created at this time. Breadcrumbs lead to another commonwealth country who want to create a smokescreen . I'm not referencing MM , but looking at her allies. MOO

About the fallout between the brothers, and efforts to repair the relationship.

"Now former Welsh Guards officer Mark Dyer has a new role, ... acting as a pivotal go-between in the sensitive business of building bridges between Harry and William, particularly since the younger sibling turned his back on Royal life to live in Los Angeles. ...

Unlike many others of Harry's old set, Dyer survived Meghan's 'shuffling' of the pack of her husband's friends. Make no mistake, there is still a long way to go to bring the Princes together, but Dyer commands Harry's respect and knows more intimately than most the details of how the brothers fell out. ...

'Both felt let down by each other. William felt that Harry had deserted his family and his duty. Harry felt that William and Kate hadn't welcomed Meghan into the fold. ...

Other senior members of the family also 'had concerns'. It was said that Prince Philip commented with characteristic bluntness: 'One steps out with actresses. One doesn't marry them.' ...

Society bible Tatler last week reported that Meghan and Kate also fell out over whether bridesmaid Princess Charlotte should wear tights, with her mother unsuccessfully insisting it was protocol not to be bare-legged.

Kensington Palace denied this, saying the story was totally false.

What actually happened was slightly different. At a bridesmaid dress fitting, Kate was unhappy that the length of Charlotte's hem was too short. She asked Meghan to organise a correction but the resulting interaction left Kate in tears. ...

If anyone can bring the Princes back together, it's Mark Dyer, the man who Royal biographer Penny Junor said 'stepped in after Diana's death to be the glamorous, daring big brother Charles's sons never had. The boys adored him and they are all firm friends to this day'."​

Healing the rift between the Princes: The ex-Guards officer with the toughest peacekeeping mission | Daily Mail Online

Markle praised a journalist who is now under investigation by the WHO for involvement in the false confession of Peter Humphrey. As a celebrity, it doesn't matter who she befriends. As a royal, she needs only look as far as Prince Andrew to understand the fallout of making poor choices in friends.

"A British journalist who rose to stardom on China’s state television is being investigated by the World Health Organisation over his role as one of its celebrity ambassadors. ...

In 2013, Chau presented a programme that aired a confession by Peter Humphrey, a British corporate investigator working in China, who claims it was obtained under duress and he was drugged and locked in an iron chair inside a steel cage before being forced to admit ‘crimes’ of illegally sharing personal data...

Mr Humphreys and his wife were subsequently convicted and jailed for two years. Since being deported from China, Mr Humphreys has claimed he was forced to make the confession, although it is not apparent from the footage. ...

Despite the backlash from human rights campaigners, Chau – who went to City of London School before Cambridge and the Royal Academy of Music – has won praise from a string of famous faces, including Meghan Markle. ...

Chau has also been accused of helping Beijing whitewash its handling of the coronavirus crisis with TV reports that have been entirely positive. He has excused the state’s repressive measures, saying: ‘You do what you have to do. Not everything is “draconian”.’

Chau, 42, has also claimed that comparing Covid-19 with the Sars outbreak in 2002 exaggerated ‘the scale and severity of the Wuhan outbreak’. "
WHO investigates Meghan's China TV friend over airing of 'forced confession' of British businessman | Daily Mail Online

Markle praised a journalist who is now under investigation by the WHO for involvement in the false confession of Peter Humphrey. As a celebrity, it doesn't matter who she befriends. As a royal, she needs only look as far as Prince Andrew to understand the fallout of making poor choices in friends.

"A British journalist who rose to stardom on China’s state television is being investigated by the World Health Organisation over his role as one of its celebrity ambassadors. ...

In 2013, Chau presented a programme that aired a confession by Peter Humphrey, a British corporate investigator working in China, who claims it was obtained under duress and he was drugged and locked in an iron chair inside a steel cage before being forced to admit ‘crimes’ of illegally sharing personal data...

Mr Humphreys and his wife were subsequently convicted and jailed for two years. Since being deported from China, Mr Humphreys has claimed he was forced to make the confession, although it is not apparent from the footage. ...

Despite the backlash from human rights campaigners, Chau – who went to City of London School before Cambridge and the Royal Academy of Music – has won praise from a string of famous faces, including Meghan Markle. ...

Chau has also been accused of helping Beijing whitewash its handling of the coronavirus crisis with TV reports that have been entirely positive. He has excused the state’s repressive measures, saying: ‘You do what you have to do. Not everything is “draconian”.’

Chau, 42, has also claimed that comparing Covid-19 with the Sars outbreak in 2002 exaggerated ‘the scale and severity of the Wuhan outbreak’. "
WHO investigates Meghan's China TV friend over airing of 'forced confession' of British businessman | Daily Mail Online
Its quite alarming and embarrassing that these episodes keep happening. They have no one at the moment to brief them appropriately in these matters. JMO

Its quite alarming and embarrassing that these episodes keep happening. They have no one at the moment to brief them appropriately in these matters. JMO

It's a bit like this one:

"One of the pair, Alexey Stolyarov, told the BBC Prince Harry discussed various issues after they impersonated teenage climate activist Greta Thunberg and her father in two phone calls."​

Harry 'duped by Russian pranksters phone call'

What do we think? Are the dresses the same length for all the children, or is Charlotte's hemline shorter than others?

View attachment 249291

Meghan Markle's Bridesmaids - Who Will Be in Meghan's Bridal Party?

Honestly? There is nothing wrong with Charlotte's hemline, and IF it's true Kate was picky about it I think it was the wrong battle at the wrong time.

More gobsmacking is the height of Jessica's heels! I'd have been in A&E with a broken ankle by the time I reached the top step.

View attachment 249343 View attachment 249344

Queen rides out lockdown: Monarch, 94, is seen in the saddle for the first time since coronavirus fears forced her to retreat to Windsor Castle 10 weeks ago

The Queen, 94, is seen in the saddle for first time since retreating to Windsor Castle 10 weeks ago | Daily Mail Online

Posting the photos from the article @Gardenista posted above. It is lovely to see Her Majesty The Queen out and about and looking well.
I concur @gregrichards

It's lovely to see Her Majesty, The Queen out on a lovely late spring day enjoying the air and the sun and her favourite pastime. I sense she enjoys wearing one beautiful scarf after another. I love Hermes scarves and occasionally I can spot a pattern that I've seen her wearing. Often, the theme of the scarf is a pattern that is significant for her -such as a favourite flower, or a lovely equine pattern. She clearly choses the more pastoral scenes. I think the pink one is gorgeous, but I can't make out any specific pattern in it.

I'm also always so curious about the horses she choses. She knows horsemanship so well.

Damn look at that tiny waistline!
There's Charles and Anne next to her.
She's a good looker for sure.;)

11a4925585f981a524682f1c670e9c935a057698

https://www.theage.com.au/world/eur...een-elizabeth-is-crowned-20200527-p54wxm.html

View attachment 249343 View attachment 249344

Queen rides out lockdown: Monarch, 94, is seen in the saddle for the first time since coronavirus fears forced her to retreat to Windsor Castle 10 weeks ago

The Queen, 94, is seen in the saddle for first time since retreating to Windsor Castle 10 weeks ago | Daily Mail Online

Posting the photos from the article @Gardenista posted above. It is lovely to see Her Majesty The Queen out and about and looking well.

Forget the Marvel heroes, we have a real life 94 yr old Wonder Woman alive and kicking butt!!
I love this woman where the other royals suffer from foot-in-mouth disease she never puts a foot wrong, even into a stirrup.
Love from Australia.

This is interesting - implies a connection between Markle, through her friendship with the Mulroney family, and the Tatler story that criticizes Kate.

"The Duchess of Cambridge is suing Tatler magazine over an article that Kensington Palace says is full of falsehoods and “inaccuracies”.

There is no suggestion that the Duchess of Sussex is involved.

The piece was written by Anna Pasternak, who sources claim is pals with ex-Tatler journalist Vanessa Mulroney, the sister-in-law to Meghan’s best friend Jessica Mulroney.

A royal source said: “Pasternak’s article caused immense unnecessary pain for Kate and its claim that she felt trapped and unhappy was wildly untrue."​

Meghan linked to journo who wrote Kate 'trapped and exhausted' article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members