GUILTY MO - Brittany Gorman, 29, found deceased, Mountain View, 20 May 2020 *estranged husband arrest*

I could not find an article about this yet but the NPS Investigative Services division posted on Instagram that someone has been arrested and remains have been found that they believe to be Brittany.

Not sure if this link will work to their post: Login • Instagram

EDIT: Texas County Sheriff's Office shared the same message on FB: Texas County Sheriff
I can’t “like” that post. Thanks for sharing that update. RIP Brittany.

Anyone aware of whether he was a stranger? Sounds like he attacked her at her vehicle? Random attack? How does that fit with the person saying they saw her walking covered in blood? Was he that person?

Just awful and very sad.

MOO
If you start with their Facebook pages and look around you will see connections. Im not sure but I’m wondering if he’s her ex and maybe father of her child(ren).

edited to add: if you look at her Facebook profile photos there are a bunch of older pictures with him and one that appears to be a hospital photo just after the birth of one of her children.

Last edited:
I am so tired of these mother's being murdered.

May her family especially her children and loves one's find comfort.
Always a life changing experience.
The grief is getting thick these days.
Brittany I am thankful you were located.
You deserved the sun, moon and star's longer.
You deserved to live.

Justice for BRITTANY

He was her estranged husband.

What I want to know is why it's second degree. This most likely means that he admitted to killing her but said it was an accident that occurred during some sort of fight. In Arkansas, the maximum sentence for second degree murder is 30 years. Even if he receives the maximum sentence, he'll be out on parole in 15-20 years. He might get a 10-year term and be out in time to murder someone else. These laws of ours suck.

Mountain View, Mo. man leads investigators to likely remains of missing woman in Mark Twain National Forest

He was her estranged husband.

What I want to know is why it's second degree. This most likely means that he admitted to killing her but said it was an accident that occurred during some sort of fight. In Arkansas, the maximum sentence for second degree murder is 30 years. Even if he receives the maximum sentence, he'll be out on parole in 15-20 years. He might get a 10-year term and be out in time to murder someone else. These laws of ours suck.

Mountain View, Mo. man leads investigators to likely remains of missing woman in Mark Twain National Forest
https://www.ky3.com/content/news/Mo...-in-Mark-Twain-National-Forest-570905551.html
Missouri Murder Charges | St. Louis Criminal Defense Attorney

Here’s a quick comparison of 1st & 2nd degree murder charges for Missouri. I don’t know if this will help or not. Maybe whatever “inconsistencies” in his statement that helped LE is what helped them determine charge. Honestly, I’m not sure...I wondered about the 2nd degree murder charge myself.

Definition of First Degree Murder

• According to Missouri Code §565.020, one could be charged with murder in the first degree if they have "knowingly cause[d] the death of another person after deliberation upon the matter." This means that the state must be able to prove that the act was premeditated.
Definition of Second Degree Murder

• According to Missouri Code §565.021, one could be charged with murder in the second degree if they have "knowingly cause[d] the death of another person or, with the purpose of causing physical injury to another person, causes the death of another person."
In some cases, one could also be charged with murder in the second degree if they have inadvertently caused the death of another person while a) committing, or attempting to commit, a felony or b) fleeing from the perpetration of a felony.

FROM THE NEWS ARTICLE:
Inconsistencies in his statements to investigators is what helped crack this case.

"Investigators interviewed him yesterday and eventually he led them to the remains, that we believe are Brittany, that were found in the Mark Twain National Forest in Ozark County," Sheriff Lindsey added.
Sheriff Lindsey says evidence suggests Gorman was killed in the Buck Hollow area.

There is more to this story than published. I live in the area and the week she disappeared...a child living with me saw two trucks passing a body (?) from one to another in the park across the street. Coincidental?
It was late at night. One truck was white like hers.

If in fact he murdered her and moved her body to another area of Mark Twain Forest...then left her truck over 35 miles away at Buck Hollow...who picked him up there? There had to be more than one vehicle...unless we are to believe that he met her at BH and took her and her truck to another county..drove truck back to BH and picked up his truck? Too convoluted and time-consuming plus rangers are in area.

Buck Hollow is not a place one would leave a truck/car overnight. People cannot be trusted. Vandalization would take place. It is not a place a woman would go to alone at night and she would not sleep there. Details of the story are suspicious. I am not blaming investigators at all. They have done a great job. We still have four cold cases of missing women in the area.

The strange thing would be that it would have to have been at night as people would have been swimming in the daytime and even at night there may have been fishermen. A bloody truck would have been obvious. Any truck would have drawn attention if abandoned as this is a gravel parking lot that ends at a gate with the river adjacent. The area is small.

Concerning your statement...How would you call your best friend to pick you up in the wilderness without giving away location? Reason for being there?....I suppose one might say my car broke down back there and I am walking to town. Pick me up. But...when it comes out that a woman has disappeared as the friend's wife one would wonder what he was doing in that location.

Anyone aware of whether he was a stranger? Sounds like he attacked her at her vehicle? Random attack? How does that fit with the person saying they saw her walking covered in blood? Was he that person?

Just awful and very sad.

MOO
Diversions. Many people in this area have critical TRUE information about the women who go missing..but will not talk. I wrote a book about one who was found in a spring whose body disappeared. No one offered info to authorities. It is To Sin by Silence...by Nika Rainier @ Amazon. Can we name our books here? The subsequent book...Hidden is in progress.

Oh Brittany- I am so sorry this has happened to you. Rest in the arms of the angels.

I, too, am fed up with all of these young mothers losing their lives to someone they loved or trusted (presently or in the past). My heart breaks for all of these children who have lost both parents due to a senseless evil crime. :(

And he was posting stuff on social media. Glad LE kept him on their list of suspects

The next day, authorities questioned Hanger, who said he had earlier met his estranged wife at the Signal station at Mountain View to give her some money. That was the last time he had seen her, he said. He denied ever being at Buck Hollow. On social media, he made posts that expressed worry and concern for their children. He wrote on May 26, “To help keep there minds off all the craziness thats happening we are having a movie night – little bit of popcorn and a new cartoon put there minds at ease.” Four are sitting on the floor watching the TV. It is one on several social media posts made. On May 1, he was posting a fishing picture of a woman — who wasn’t Gorman — and referring to a romantic relationship.

I'm guessing he met her at Buck's Hollow Access to give her money. It was then he attacked and killed her, because two pools of blood and her eyeglasses were found on the ground outside her truck. He probably then loaded her into his truck and moved her body to the second location. Perhaps at some point, LE had enough information to justify SW and found blood in his truck. That's one scenario, it's possible he had some assistance.

Assume the second degree murder charge is the result of no proof he planned it in advance. I dunno, he was posting photos of his new girlfriend on FB, so he may have planned her death. The trick will be for prosecutors to prove it.

Such a sad story for Brittany, her family and her children. If there were only some way to give young people in these areas a way to get out, get more education, have more job opportunities so they can live and learn a little before they fall into the usual routine of marriage and motherhood when too young, followed by boredom and drug addiction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back