Found Deceased Canada - Marie Stuart, 38, pregnant, Abbotsford, BC, 27 Dec 2016

Missing since 2016, Marie Stuart’s remains found in Abbotsford - Abbotsford News

21666692_web1_170505-ABB-Marie-Stuart_1.jpg

Marie Stuart of Abbotsford had been missing since Dec. 27, 2016.

''Remains found in the 32000 block of King Road on March 19 belong to Marie Stuart, 38, who was declared missing in December 2016.

Although the case is still under investigation, foul play is not suspected, Abbotsford Police said in a press release issued Wednesday, May 17.

Stuart was five months pregnant when she disappeared''.

''Abbotsford Police Sgt. Judy Bird said investigators are now trying to piece together how Stuart ended up on King Road from where she was last seen near Sevenoaks Shopping Centre – a distance of about four kilometres.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Abbotsford Police Department at 604-859-5225 or text 222973 (abbypd).''

I wonder how on earth she ended up where she ended up? How far was that from where her husband had last seen her? If she had no car and only used public transportation, how did she end up in a rural area? How have they concluded,after all of this time, that her death was not suspicious?

I wonder how on earth she ended up where she ended up? How far was that from where her husband had last seen her? If she had no car and only used public transportation, how did she end up in a rural area? How have they concluded,after all of this time, that her death was not suspicious?
She’s wasn’t found in a highly rural area - it’s less than 5km from where she was last seen. Heartbreaking. I would like to know if the autopsy results show infant remains as well.

this is crazy! i live east of abbotsford and ive never heard of this woman... i hope they'll be able to come to some conclusions other than 'foul play not suspected'.
She was easily walking distance away..i just have no idea what she'd be walking to. As mentioned before its not a rural area, you're starting to get into the crops and fields but there are still businesses and some homes around (so its not an ideal place to end your life privately).
Would like to know more about where/how she was found because again its not rural, and the fields look mostly agricultural like they'd be visited and farmed regularly!
upload_2020-5-31_19-5-7.png

this is what a street view of the ~32000 block of King Street looks like... there arent a lot of places for a body to be and not be found for almost 4 years in my opinion, other than some...dense shrubbery.
upload_2020-5-31_19-18-38.png
Farther down the street once you reach the 32200 block there are some properties that are separated by dense plots of trees that probably are left alone, so maybe they're counting this area as the 32000 block as well and she was found somewhere around this area?
(MOO, all speculation)
upload_2020-5-31_19-17-12.png

this is what a street view of the ~32000 block of King Street looks like... there arent a lot of places for a body to be and not be found for almost 4 years in my opinion, other than some...dense shrubbery.
View attachment 249370
Farther down the street once you reach the 32200 block there are some properties that are separated by dense plots of trees that probably are left alone, so maybe they're counting this area as the 32000 block as well and she was found somewhere around this area?
(MOO, all speculation)
View attachment 249369

Thanks for the photos. This is a strange one for sure, and sad. Rest in peace Marie.

Thought I was watching this thread but clearly missed the last 3 months.

Does anyone know what the weather and roads would have been like during the day/night of Maries disappearance? According to the maps and pics above, it looks like there is no sidewalk at certain points along the road. According to the maps above, it takes about an hour to walk from the mall to the location where MS was found. She was 5 months pregnant IIRC (?), she just walked away from her partner at the bus stop and kept walking? Did mental health possibly play a role in the decision to walk away and not turn back? **ETA by me: I want to be very clear and sensitive as I'm not trying to imply anything regarding mental health. As someone who personally struggles with depression at times, I'm just saying I've known others to "go for a walk" or "go for a drive" kind of thing. Difference being they returned home.

Very sad, lots of questions... Hopefully her discovery brings answers and closure. Rest in peace Marie.

Last edited:
Human remains found on Abbotsford rural property were of Marie Stuart | Indo-Canadian Voice
''Marie’s mother, Janet, states, “My family and I wish to express our sincere thanks to the Abbotsford Police Department, our friends, neighbours and community for their help, support, and prayers regarding Marie. Thank you.”

Foul play is not suspected; however, the cause of Stuart’s death is still under investigation.

Anyone with information about this investigation should call the Abbotsford Police at 604-859-5225 or text 222973 (AbbyPD).''

No news for a month now... would really appreciate some details about why the police don't suspect foul play. Did her remains have clear evidence of self harm i.e. a noose or firearm? This stretch of road makes me think she could have been hit by a car and hidden in the bushes, but it was only afternoon so still well lit. And surely traumatic injuries would indicate foul play? I know it's sometimes up to the family if they want to release info but with local cases, it certainly makes it easier to sleep at night knowing theres no one else involved...

For those interested, the weather for the area at the time according to this link:
Weather in December 2016 in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada

The weather for Abbotsford on December 27th, 2016 was rainy with some fog, a low of 1 degree C and a high of 6 degrees C (from above link unless I misread the chart). So apparently no snow that day and if those were the temps, any snow would have likely been slush. I was thinking maybe she was exhausted and started feeling the effects of hypothermia but then, would that not be obvious? Also likely rules out my imagining that Marie was bundled in layers and struggling along a road with no sidewalk.

No news for a month now... would really appreciate some details about why the police don't suspect foul play. Did her remains have clear evidence of self harm i.e. a noose or firearm? This stretch of road makes me think she could have been hit by a car and hidden in the bushes, but it was only afternoon so still well lit. And surely traumatic injuries would indicate foul play? I know it's sometimes up to the family if they want to release info but with local cases, it certainly makes it easier to sleep at night knowing theres no one else involved...

I don't know anything about how long autopsies take or what it means when LE say a "cause of death is still under investigation". Especially if foul play has been ruled out.

To me initially (Imo speculation), it would seem that a rather pregnant woman (almost in 2nd trimester) wandering away from her partner with (assuming) no phone or means of contact in case of emergency (which would seem vital that far along) in winter along a somewhat dangerous road (no sidewalk) for more than an hour could very easily lead to exhaustion and who knows? Sitting down, fainting, hypothermia from the cold? Complications due to her "condition" (I don't know how to say pregnant, it's so heartbreaking). All those things seem like they'd be obvious from the start.

Anything self inflicted or involving a vehicle would also seemingly be apparent and therefore no further investigation necessary.

Was she found in those dense bushes seen along the road? If so, she had to have done so on her own. Where was she walking? What was her state of mind during this time? Hopefully there will be some answers soon. I'm guessing Covid-19 is causing a lot of backlogs and complications.

Was she found in those dense bushes seen along the road? If so, she had to have done so on her own. Where was she walking? What was her state of mind during this time? Hopefully there will be some answers soon. I'm guessing Covid-19 is causing a lot of backlogs and complications.

I've gone back to the start of the thread to refresh my memory regarding her state of mind.

According to her husband:

“She’s been pretty moody. She’s kind of in a bit of a state and I’m worried that she might just wander aimlessly,” shares Schellenberg.

Abbotsford husband of missing pregnant woman appeals to public - NEWS 1130

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288