MN - George Floyd, unarmed man killed in police custody, Minneapolis, 25 May 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
@NTerryEllis
World renowned medical examiner Dr. Michael Baden, who performed independent autopsy, says "Mr. Floyd had no underlying medical problem that caused or contributed to his death... he was in good health."
Dr. Baden noted that George Floyd did not respond to CPR or cardiac shock in the ambulance.
Dr.Michael Baden: "When he (Floyd) said 'I can't breathe'... police think that if you can talk then you can breath. That is not true."

Double post. Sorry

Last edited:
George Floyd autopsy: Floyd died from asphyxiation from pressure

Dr. Michael Baden and Dr. Allecia Wilson performed the autopsy and said there was "neck and back compression that led to a lack of blood flow to the brain," according to Crump's statement. They added that "weight on the back, handcuffs and positioning were contributory factors because they impaired the ability of Mr. Floyd’s diaphragm to function."

Baden and Wilson said it appeared that Floyd died at the scene of the incident.

"What we found is consistent with what people saw," Baden said. "There is no other health issue that could cause or contribute to the death. Police have this false impression that if you can talk, you can breathe. That’s not true."

This makes sense given what we witnessed in the video.

I've never heard that procedure before. I'm in Canada but one would think it is similar. We were always told to call local police - by mgmt. and by the police themselves! Um, they even have fraud dep'ts at police stations.

At any rate, the teenage clerk would not have called police unless someone told her to.
There may be a policy to call and report having received suspected counterfeit money, but I doubt it is store policy to call police to report the customer just for handing them one. Jmo

Union president Kroll wrote letter to the police federation. He states officers fired without due process, no one is looking to Mr. Floyd's "violent" background, and reason for the unrest is that the city did not hire 400 more officers. Not sure where to go with this one.

His letter is embedded in the article.

Former Minneapolis chief shares letter from police union president on George Floyd, calls for his badge

reason for edit: looked for a more MSM source

Kroll is a vile human being and does the union no favors being its president. I wish he'd step down, his absence could contribute to some positive change in the MPD. JMO.

“If you wear a badge and aren’t appalled by that what you saw, please turn it in and find a new profession; we don’t need you.” -
@CT_STATE_POLICE
EZc1nEkXYAEHAUT

Fraud departments in the police department do not have jurisdiction over counterfeit money, it is a federal matter in the hands of the federal Secret Service and Treasury Department. I don't know how it is in Canada but that's how it is here. Call Canada's equivalent of the Treasury Department or secret Service and ask them the standard procedure for the handling of counterfeit money.

BBM

First of all the teenage clerk or anyone else working in the store had no way of knowing if Mr. Floyd even knew the bill was counterfeit. Thousands of people go into Quick Trips (Quick Trips seem to be the worst place to get a counterfeit bill.) here and receive counterfeit bills in change after they pay for something never knowing they have been given a fake bill.

Secondly they had no real way of knowing if the bill was in fact counterfeit. I have seen people think a bill printed in the 1950's was counterfeit because it looks different than money printed today. The ink test is not accurate, it can easily give a false positive. That is why the clerk should have obtained a copy of Mr. Floyd's ID or at the very least got his name and phone number so the Secret Service could have determined if the bill was counterfeit. If it was they would want to question him and find out where he got it. If is wasn't in fact counterfeit they would return the bill to him.

As I say this is the USA, I do not know how it is in Canada.

JMO

yeah no the local police handle it here
the gov't sends fraud pkg. to all businesses that handle cash on how to identify fakes but when we actually receive one, the procedure is to retain it, call police, and ask person to wait till police get there or leave contact info if they can't wait (but not put yourself in danger) - and the local fraud dep'ts detective asks us to place bill in envelope & try not to handle it much and if it's fake, we never see that bill again (then we have to get a copy of the report so that we can send to corporate to prove why there is a shortage in cash that day) - usually the person does not wait for police to get there and then the police will ask for i.d. (lol never happens) or surveillance video if person is an obvious fraudster

This poor man was murdered, tortured for 8 minutes and died of Mechanical asphyxiation. Why only third degree murder? I agree with Rudy Giuliani and Geraldo on Fox News a few minutes ago, that officer should be charged with premeditated First degree murder. That man is a monster as far as I’m concerned.

Sorry for no links but just heard this on cable news.

Maybe that is standard procedure where you live/work but the employee in this case was following the store's protocol. Per the attached article:
"The man tried to use what an employee suspected was a counterfeit $20 bill but an employee caught it, gave it back to the man and they left, Abumayyaleh said. Roughly 10 minutes later, Floyd came back in the store and used a suspicious $20 bill, according to the owner. The employee didn't immediately notice and Floyd left but the employee followed protocol and called the police."

I absolutely disagree that the clerk should be fired. They were following the store's protocol. If you're taking umbrage with anyone it should be the store owners that made that protocol. The clerk was doing their job.

Owner of Minneapolis grocery store recounts George Floyd killing

yeah also the store owner threw his employee under the bus by saying he might have done things differently

Kroll is a vile human being and does the union no favors being its president. I wish he'd step down, his absence could contribute to some positive change in the MPD. JMO.

Reading his letter, I am trying to reconcile the 8+ minute video with his issue of Mr. Floyd's "violent" past when I doubt they had access to that information so quickly. Also, as he argues about due process, I once again look at the 8+ minute video. He is trying to create an insurrection among the officers by stating that the leadership is putting them in danger.

I read somewhere that all people should wear body cameras. I am beginning to think that this might be a good idea. If there was no filming of this event, it is clear to me that Mr. Floyd's murder would have been deemed a proper use of force and his own fault. God help us all.

dbm

Last edited:
@NTerryEllis
World renowned medical examiner Dr. Michael Baden, who performed independent autopsy, says "Mr. Floyd had no underlying medical problem that caused or contributed to his death... he was in good health."
Dr. Baden noted that George Floyd did not respond to CPR or cardiac shock in the ambulance.
Dr.Michael Baden: "When he (Floyd) said 'I can't breathe'... police think that if you can talk then you can breath. That is not true."

What about the toxicology results? That's always part of the autopsy. Was he intoxicated or on drugs?

Fraud departments in the police department do not have jurisdiction over counterfeit money, it is a federal matter in the hands of the federal Secret Service and Treasury Department. I don't know how it is in Canada but that's how it is here. Call Canada's equivalent of the Treasury Department or secret Service and ask them the standard procedure for the handling of counterfeit money.

BBM

First of all the teenage clerk or anyone else working in the store had no way of knowing if Mr. Floyd even knew the bill was counterfeit. Thousands of people go into Quick Trips (Quick Trips seem to be the worst place to get a counterfeit bill.) here and receive counterfeit bills in change after they pay for something never knowing they have been given a fake bill.

Secondly they had no real way of knowing if the bill was in fact counterfeit. I have seen people think a bill printed in the 1950's was counterfeit because it looks different than money printed today. The ink test is not accurate, it can easily give a false positive. That is why the clerk should have obtained a copy of Mr. Floyd's ID or at the very least got his name and phone number so the Secret Service could have determined if the bill was counterfeit. If it was they would want to question him and find out where he got it. If is wasn't in fact counterfeit they would return the bill to him.

As I say this is the USA, I do not know how it is in Canada.

JMO

Ok, does this then mean the 4 officers can be charged with false arrest?

And, I would hope in light of this information the store owner would update protocol so employees are trained properly on how to report counterfeit currency.

it is absolutely company policy
just wondering how you think you would know the policy at my place of employment?
It is policy to check the note and inform the person that the money may be counterfeit, and "advise" them to call police, but not to call police and tell the person they have to wait. If the clerk suspects they have been given a counterfeit bill, then yes, they should notify police. Just not call 911 and make the 'customer' wait.

The person with the counterfeit money may well be a victim themselves since they will suffer financial loss, especially if they have recieved large bills.

It's like this at any place of employment where one has to pay money in exchange for something, in the US and in Canada. Imo

Disgusting, vile. He should be fired. Since when do police get to execute someone because of their background?

Doesn't this sound more like accidental death while resisting arrest? Floyd resisted when the handcuffs were used and again when police tried to put him in the police car. When that happens, it's much easier for things to go wrong.

Reading his letter, I am trying to reconcile the 8+ minute video with his issue of Mr. Floyd's "violent" past when I doubt they had access to that information so quickly. Also, as he argues about due process, I once again look at the 8+ minute video. He is trying to create an insurrection among the officers by stating that the leadership is putting them in danger.

I read somewhere that all people should wear body cameras. I am beginning to think that this might be a good idea. If there was no filming of this event, it is clear to me that Mr. Floyd's murder would have been deemed a proper use of force and his own fault. God help us all.

This is the same guy who called another shooting, "heroic."

He wants to argue due process? His four members sure didn't give Mr. Floyd due process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa