NY NY - Manhattan, East River, WhtFem 12-18, 201UFNY, Skunkjam/Perfect Thyroid T-shirt, May'00

She too fits the profile, although 4 years is a long time for someone her age to still be alive and missing until 2000; but it's possible. She certainly has the biracial "look", and going off comments suggesting that she might be lesbian I or a "tomboy" she looks like she could be either one. Only knock is In 2000 she would be 20-21. I don't know if the age range is always accurate- they do update them sometimes. Would a year or 2 more be that noticeable?
Given the likelihood that this UID had been at a concert, and given the height, weight, and type of clothing, I feel like the age range of 12-18 seems a bit low. I would think at least 16-22 given the boot blouser. That almost feels very specific to someone in military, to have that with you.

There was a Perfect Thyroid concert on Friday, April 14, 2000 at THE HAUNT in Ithaca. But that's probably too close to the May 2000 UID discovery as the details say the post-mortem interval was several months. On December 9, 1999 there was an article in the Marist College student newspaper about a Pilfers show stolen by the opening act Perfect Thyroid ("this last Saturday night," so probably Saturday the 4th as the Internet says the 9th was a Thursday). Poughkeepsie is right along the Hudson River and is where Vassar is located. December of 1999 would also match the "deceased for several months" requirement mentioned in the Jane Doe details.

What is the likelihood that the UID was put into the Hudson River in Poughkeepsie and carried downstream until currents pushed her into East River? How likely is that?

Alternatively, it's only a two-hour drive to NYC. How common/likely is it that someone in NYC would drive/take a train to Poughkeepsie for a show and come back? (I am keeping in mind the one time when I was a young person and I took a bus two hours to Portland, OR to see a show and then literally stayed awake overnight at a 24-hour cafe by myself until 6 am to take a bus back to where I was living. The stupid things we do for live music.) All of this still makes me think this was not a 12-year-old. The clothing and potential last known whereabouts make me think older teen or over 18.

she was most likely a fan of the band but its hard to say about wearing the shirt to the concert.. Thats one of those iffy fashion things lol and she sounds in style for the time. I also doubt she was a lesbian. Gwen Stefani was doing a look like this in the same era (photo from 2000). It was just the trend
a3aaf4d5c0e224589cb7952eaa81dd7f.jpg

Rose Forcum also has some resemblance. While someone did come forward and claim she was buried locally, a search of the area did not turn up anything, so they're not sure if this was valid info. She disappeared with an older friend, who had a history of drug use, and both had a history of running away.

Roseanna Marie Forcum – The Charley Project

Just noting.

201UFNY.jpg roseanna_marie_forcum_1.jpg

I need to correct something I've said in the past.

In several of the NY cases where remains were found in the East River, I had questioned the direction a body might have traveled, due to the river's flow.

I have since learned that the East "river" is not a river. It's a tidal estuary that connects New York Harbor with Long Island Sound, and depending on the tides, water can be flowing strongly in any direction, with significant difference in how high the water rises on the banks.

The Hudson is also still fully tidal as it goes past New York City.

So it's quite possible for bodies to travel significant distances in any direction.

Could someone name the current exclusion list for this Jane Doe? I'm not from the US so I can't see the exclusions by NamUs.
10 rule outs listed last time modified 8/2021

MP6076
Erin
Foster
04/03/2000
White
TN

MP6648
Ekaterina
Shcherbakova
04/05/1998
Monterey
CA

MP6083
Ashley
Freeman
12/30/1999
Craig
OK

MP5953
Samatha
Clonch
09/09/1999
Rusk
TX

MP9972
Indira
Montiero
04/02/2000
New York
NY

MP6478
Anastasiya
Ovetsky
07/19/1999
Middlesex
NJ

MP2
Suzanne
Lyall
03/02/1998
Albany
NY

MP606
Amanda
Carroll
05/02/2000
Hunterdon
NJ
--
Leanne
Hausberg
--
--
NY
--
Lauria Jaylene
Bible
--
--
OK

Boxer shorts, under clothes, on a young woman in the East River would have me putting up signs in the East Village and GV. I hope genealogical DNA solves this case and I hope I am pleasantly shocked to learn that her parents missed her desperately and never stooped looking.

Has Erika Limon been considered as a possible match for New York Jane Doe?

Erika isn't on the rule out list. While crazy things happen, Erika is from CA and the UID was found in NY. The weight is off too but like I have said in other posts, its hard go by those things sometimes.
Here is the current list of rule outs, last updated 6/13/22

MP6091
Karina
Gaitan
07/17/1998
Bexar
TX

MP70656
Katherine
Miningham
02/27/1997
Westchester
NY

MP6076
Erin
Foster
04/03/2000
White
TN

MP6648
Ekaterina
Shcherbakova
04/05/1998
Monterey
CA

MP6083
Ashley
Freeman
12/30/1999
Craig
OK

MP5953
Samatha
Clonch
09/09/1999
Rusk
TX

MP9972
Indira
Montiero
04/02/2000
New York
NY

MP6478
Anastasiya
Ovetsky
07/19/1999
Middlesex
NJ

MP2
Suzanne
Lyall
03/02/1998
Albany
NY

MP606
Amanda
Carroll
05/02/2000
Hunterdon
NJ
--
Leanne
Hausberg
--
--
NY
--
Lauria Jaylene
Bible
--
--
OK

NamUs #UP2872

Demographics
Sex: Female
Race/Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 20
Estimated Age Range (Years): 12-18
Estimated Year of Death: 2000
Estimated PMI: N/A
Height: 5'6" (66 inches), Measured
Weight: 150 lbs, Measured

Circumstances
Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found: May 6, 2000
NamUs Case Created: December 10, 2008
ME/C QA Reviewed: December 11, 2008
Location Found: New York, New York
County: New York County
Circumstances of Recovery: Decedent was recovered from East River near 57th street. Advanced putrefaction with skeletonization of some elements.
Inventory of Remains: All parts recovered
Condition of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction

Physical Description
Hair Color: Unknown
Head Hair Description: Absent
Distinctive Physical Features: No known information

Clothing and Accessories
- Beige t-shirt with red trim. There is a skunk emblem on the front (Skunkjam records) and "Perfect Thyroid" (rock band) written on the back; dark blue "Champion" sports bra; blue paisley patterned boxer shorts; olive drab cargo pants; light socks (On the Body)
2872_82838.jpg2872_82836.jpg

Has Erika Limon been considered as a possible match for New York Jane Doe?

Did you end up submitting this? If not I think its worth a shot! It looks like theres a chance of Erika being a runaway. Runaways have ended up all over the country so I wouldn't completely rule her out especially since a lot of people see NYC as a land of opportunity. Also the reconstruction isnt super accurate for the ears, lips and nose but I see resemblance with Erika and the UIDs eyes.

Did you end up submitting this? If not I think its worth a shot! It looks like theres a chance of Erika being a runaway. Runaways have ended up all over the country so I wouldn't completely rule her out especially since a lot of people see NYC as a land of opportunity. Also the reconstruction isnt super accurate for the ears, lips and nose but I see resemblance with Erika and the UIDs eyes.
Hello! no, I did not submit it but if you want to do it you can do it.

There is a pretty good resemblance there. Can't hurt to submit her.

I agree about runaways ending up just about anywhere.

Personally, I wouldn't read much into wearing boxers. I remember that being a trend at different times in the past. Usually as pajamas or even as shorts, with the fly sewn closed, but particularly a runaway might also wear whatever was relatively clean/available.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back