IL IL - Chicago, very tall Male UP2735, 28-48, Oct '03

I did another sketch to see what he may have looked like based on the only skull photo (side view) provided to Namus. The side view did not include the mandible, and so the jaw area and earlobe were created solely by myself.

It may help to narrow down potentials to matching some of the more obvious facial features.
ChicagoUIDNavyPier3smallersize.jpg

5356DMIL - Gary James Swanson

Gary Swanson, 6'8" (UID's 6'6" is an estimate) and missing from Illinois just a few months before this UID was discovered. He disappeared from 200mi away from Chicago (Aledo IL) but his car was found in Loran IL which is 135mi from Chicago. He had experienced a lot of stress prior to his disappearance and suffered PTSD. Could he have taken to public transport and ended up in Chicago?

@Melt71 I thought Gary would be a good potential too, given the circumstances surrounding his disappearance, the locations and the matches on most physical descriptors. The big questions for me are the size 14 boots he was supposedly wearing vs JD's size 12 boots and the 6-month timeline. Would May to October be enough time for skeletonization? According to Doe and NamUs profiles estimated YOD is 2001-2003 with a 1 yr. PMI. Still, we've seen enough errors, mistakes, oversights, etc. on both MPs and UIDs to know he could still be a match. Did you submit him as a PM?

Here are a few photos along with the composite @coffeeandacig so kindly provided.
chicagouidnavypier3smallersize-jpg.249980
gary_james_swanson_4.jpg
gary_james_swanson_5.jpg
gary_james_swanson_2.jpg

Oops! Eta - link
Gary James Swanson Jr. – The Charley Project

I did another sketch to see what he may have looked like based on the only skull photo (side view) provided to Namus. The side view did not include the mandible, and so the jaw area and earlobe were created solely by myself.

It may help to narrow down potentials to matching some of the more obvious facial features.
View attachment 249980
Ty for sharing your talents and skills!

View attachment 249980
Per usual, excellent job and thank you!!

He has a very distinct profile!

@Melt71 I thought Gary would be a good potential too, given the circumstances surrounding his disappearance, the locations and the matches on most physical descriptors.....Did you submit him as a PM?

I didn't submit him as DoeNetwork says his car was found in Loren IL, which works well with the scenario I laid out above. But Namus says it was found in Loraine IL which is the opposite direction. So I've written to Doe Network to see if that can be clarified.

Wanted to suggest 6'7" Marvin Thomas Graham who went missing from CA in 1985 when he was 41yo (which would have made him 58yo at the estimated PMI year of 2002 and within Namus "under 60" sub-category which also sits alongside their best guess of 28-48.
874DMCA - Marvin Thomas Graham
Few details exist in his case that I couldn't determine if he may have left/disappeared of his own accord (and potentially started a new life in Chicago).

I didn't submit him as DoeNetwork says his car was found in Loren IL, which works well with the scenario I laid out above. But Namus says it was found in Loraine IL which is the opposite direction. So I've written to Doe Network to see if that can be clarified.

I received a response that the car was found in Loraine (not Loren) and Doe Network will correct their record. Given this fact I feel Gary is less likely as a match. But the Doe Network email asked if I needed anything else, so I will submit him anyway and see what they say.

@sonz82 the email also included an email address for the current investigating LE officer. I'd prefer not to share publicly as I wasn't given specific permission to do so. But if you would like the details (so you can submit your potential match mentioned above) please PM me and I will share.

Wanted to suggest 6'7" Marvin Thomas Graham who went missing from CA in 1985 when he was 41yo (which would have made him 58yo at the estimated PMI year of 2002 and within Namus "under 60" sub-category which also sits alongside their best guess of 28-48.
874DMCA - Marvin Thomas Graham
Few details exist in his case that I couldn't determine if he may have left/disappeared of his own accord (and potentially started a new life in Chicago).
I received a response that the car was found in Loraine (not Loren) and Doe Network will correct their record. Given this fact I feel Gary is less likely as a match. But the Doe Network email asked if I needed anything else, so I will submit him anyway and see what they say.

@sonz82 the email also included an email address for the current investigating LE officer. I'd prefer not to share publicly as I wasn't given specific permission to do so. But if you would like the details (so you can submit your potential match mentioned above) please PM me and I will share.

Good job getting this cleared up! I'd suggest sending Marvin's info along with Gary's.

DoeNetwork has submitted Gary for panel review.

Moving case back up for fresh ideas.

He had 4 exclusions in 2020 and Melt71 was also told GS was ruled-out. Are there any new exclusions listed since these known 5?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back