Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mysti88c

Reaction score
A Chaffee County woman is missing after a neighbor said she went out for a bike ride Sunday and never returned
Chaffee County woman missing since Sunday after neighbor said she went out for bike ride

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7

Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12

Media, Maps & Timeline thread (No Discussion)

Suzanne Morphew Case Archive (developed and maintained by WS member AmandaReckonwith)

Verified Experts/Professionals posting in this thread:

10ofRods is a Verified Anthropologist
Angleterre is a Verified LE from England
riolove77 is a Verified Attorney (prosecutor)
Alethea is a Verified Attorney (defense)
otto is a Verified Expert
Chomsky is a Verified Attorney
angelainwi is a Certified Trauma Counselor
gitana1 is a Verified Attorney

Suzanne Morphew FB page
Suzanne Morphew Twitter page

Last edited by a moderator:
PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING DISCUSSION IN THIS THREAD

Tricia wants members to know that she feels very badly that anyone was upset by the thread specific decision she made yesterday to allow discussion of the rumors in this case. She will revisit this matter as the situation warrants.

The Sheriff has specifically stated that Suzanne’s body was not found and Barry has not been arrested. Accordingly, Tricia has reversed the decision to allow discussion of any of the three rumors, specifically that:

- Suzanne’s body was found
- there is a mistress involved
- that Barry was arrested

Do not discuss those rumors.

Do NOT sleuth BM and his businesses and post your findings or questions about his background or businesses on this public thread.

Unless he is named a POI/suspect by LE members may NOT sleuth him; members may ONLY speculate and discuss what has been contained in MSM.

The thread is open once again for members to discuss the case details within the regular WS parameters (i.e. as we believe them to be factual via MSM and LE).

Thank you.

This post falls at random:

Some gentle advice.....
If your post states:
“I remember reading that _____”
OR “Didn’t somebody say that ______”
OR “I don’t have a source but I saw somewhere that _____”
OR anything in that vein, you are posting a potential runaway rumor if it does not have a link to the info in MSM.

Runaway rumors are tough to stop, and often require a thread shutdown to clean up.
I know NO ONE ever intends that with what seems to be innocent questions, but once those words are printed here they can take on a life of their own.
Please consider carefully what you write. You can ask some of these questions in PMs that will remain off the board and not cause a proliferation of mistaken info taking over the thread.

THANKS from me - I really appreciate your efforts!

Faithfully,
CocoChanel

Also, a few days back I realized there is not only the fire department that BM volunteers at but also the forestry fire department. There were a couple woodland fires in the days before SM went missing rather close to their home. Not accusing, just mentioning. The house is close to national forestry land. Moo

Those locations should be checked out!!

In his May 15, 2020 news conference Chafee County Sheriff John Spezze didn’t exactly rule out animal attack. Starting at 6:09 in the linked video, my transcription of what he said is:

(the question being asked is) “if we are still looking if an animal can be involved?”

“In any open investigation, obviously you don’t rule out anything. We’ve not found anything to indicate that…….however, we’re always evaluating. We believe…...however so much…...we’re always looking…...obviously……..any information that you have, we’re going to follow up on.”

Dr. Jack Kevorkian spent 8 years in prison because he helped about 130 people leave this Earth on their own terms. ( The prison time was for one of the last people he helped.)
I am assuming assisted suicide is still illegal in the U.S.A.
MOO

We just voted on it last year in Colorado.

How to Access and Use Death with Dignity Laws
Death with dignity laws allow qualified terminally-ill adults to voluntarily request and receive a prescription medication to hasten their death. As of September 2019, aid in dying statutes are in effect in: California, Colorado, District of Columbia, Hawaii, Maine, New Jersey, Oregon, Vermont, and Washington.

In Montana, physician-assisted dying has been legal by State Supreme Court ruling since 2009.

Geez BM moving kinda fast don’t ya think. Poor guy he’s so broken up that after only a month he’s already summed it up she no longer alive and got SM already buried. He must know she’s not coming home. Instead of mourning his wife he’s getting all his finances in order. I think BM is the mountain lion he talks about. Another Scott Peterson. Hmmm I wonder how long it will be before he moves his Girlfriend in the Colorado house. This makes me think of Martin MacNeill who moved in Nanny GF Gypsy Willis after killing his wife. JMO MOO

it is hilarious to me that Americans think Australia is dangerous

you have mountain lions.... a big cat roaming all over the place

you have dangerous snakes as well and bigger spiders than we have, you also have great white sharks and gators, black bears, grizzly bears etc

i think Animal planet and Nat Geo have a lot of answer for

I´m in South America, work in the Amazon.

Now another case with details I'm never going to forget, cat, lion kidnapper, 2 legged beast, tiger king JC I'm always going to use those telling people about BM. After having my head swirl from that Judge. I had to think again.

I'm cheering for Suzanne, LE and Justice, I feel BM is tightening his own noose. Daughter signing off to let the noose roll? Who cares if you get to sell property, what goods the cash when your freedom is at risk, after 1/2 mil is burned on legal fees-you poor! Not to mention, if you sell you are only entitled to half. BM has some cash, but he doesn't have THAT kinda cash even w/his biz, property etc, couple mil doesn't mean much when you bottom line things. I'm hoping Daughters come in swinging with an Inheritance Claim on the Estate at some point. IMO

I hope the influx of cash doesn't fly the coup, to drag things out. I'm think LE is working 6x. BM is no different than LS just different cash n connects to throw in between IMO.

I couldn't stomach watching that Ty video. It's ODD to me, it so happened BM was there and so willing to show where the bike was and how it happened at the same time Ty was there? That BM knows this and that those details of the bike, YET nothing about the item? How LE messed up n drove over everything. Yet there he is, after they were done. Unless because I didn't watch the video he meets BM and they drive to that spot? Otherwise, I feel P on my leg not rain.

For the mountain lion attacks, your links/news is for homes. Animals, bears, skunks, go to where there is food. If you want to show me mountain lion attacks for THAT trail THAT location, I'll be interested in those.

Edit: When searching Dockets/Courts Online, I will say the info as presented, if you want real 100% have to go in person. My personal experience in Online/In person look at files.

Last edited:
Guardianship In Indiana. Is Person Who Cannot be Located = Incapacitated Person?
Jurisdiction?

If two sections below are the applicable definitions for determining whether IN ct may find as fact that SM is unable to be located, making her an incapacitated person for whom a guardian may be appointed, then yes,imo.
I welcome confirmation, clarification, or correction, esp'ly by our legal professionals.
Before finding this statute, seemed hinky to me that 'unable to locate' could be a criterion for incapacitated status and guardianship.
"Sec. 7.5. "Incapacitated person" means an individual who:
(1) cannot be located upon reasonable inquiry;

(2) is unable:
(A) to manage in whole or in part the individual's property;
(B) to provide self-care; or
(C) both;
because of insanity, mental illness, mental deficiency, physical illness, infirmity, habitual drunkenness, excessive use of drugs, incarceration, confinement, detention, duress, fraud, undue influence of others on the individual, or other incapacity;
or

(3) has a developmental disability (as defined in IC 12-7-2-61)." * rbm bbm ubm

"29-3.5-1-2 Definitions
(7) "Incapacitated person" has the meaning set forth in IC 29-3-1-7.5 with respect to an adult." **

(See ^ Sec. 7.5 for definition)
The location of real est within IN likely confers jurisdiction w IN. cts, imo (as discussed earlier in earlier posts).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Indiana Statutes, Title 29 Probate, Article 3. http://iga.in.gov/legislative/laws/2019/ic/titles/029#29-3-1-7.5
GUARDIANSHIPS & PROTECTIVE PROCEEDINGS
** Indiana Statutes, Title 29 Probate, Article 3.5.
http://iga.in.gov/legislative/laws/2019/ic/titles/029#29-3-1-7.5
UNIFORM ADULT GUARDIANSHIP AND PROTECTIVE PROCEEDINGS JURISDICTION ACT

Last edited:
What we don´t know is if this was a happily married couple or even a couple separated geographically for practical or medical reasons, did they have two households, who and where did the girls live with? We don´t know and can´t ask

Guardianship In Indiana. Is Person Who Cannot be Located = Incapacitated Person?
Jurisdiction?

If two sections below are the applicable definitions for determining whether IN ct may find as fact that SM is unable to be located, making her an incapacitated person for whom a guardian may be appointed, then yes,imo.
I welcome confirmation, clarification, or correction, esp'ly by our legal professionals.
Before finding this statute, seemed hinky to me that unable to locate could be a criterion for incapacitated status and guardianship.
"Sec. 7.5. "Incapacitated person" means an individual who:
(1) cannot be located upon reasonable inquiry;

(2) is unable:
(A) to manage in whole or in part the individual's property;
(B) to provide self-care; or
(C) both;
because of insanity, mental illness, mental deficiency, physical illness, infirmity, habitual drunkenness, excessive use of drugs, incarceration, confinement, detention, duress, fraud, undue influence of others on the individual, or other incapacity;
or

(3) has a developmental disability (as defined in IC 12-7-2-61)." * rbm bbm ubm

"29-3.5-1-2 Definitions
(7) "Incapacitated person" has the meaning set forth in IC 29-3-1-7.5 with respect to an adult." **

(See ^ Sec. 7.5 for definition)
The location of real est within IN likely confers jurisdiction w IN. cts, imo (as discussed earlier in earlier posts).
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Indiana Statutes, Title 29 Probate, Article 3. http://iga.in.gov/legislative/laws/2019/ic/titles/029#29-3-1-7.5
GUARDIANSHIPS & PROTECTIVE PROCEEDINGS
** Indiana Statutes, Title 29 Probate, Article 3.5.
http://iga.in.gov/legislative/laws/2019/ic/titles/029#29-3-1-7.5
UNIFORM ADULT GUARDIANSHIP AND PROTECTIVE PROCEEDINGS JURISDICTION ACT

Unable to locate because I can't find the cat; I tried reaching out to the abductors; SM left and propped up her bike leaving everything else behind in search of a new life. Gosh which door will I pick :D

So BM enjoys killing deers and moose etc - I wonder where would he dispose of the animal carcusses, would he bury them, throw them out at the tip or is there a special disposal location. Also do hunters dismember the body of their animal victim? I actually hate even thinking about an animal being murdered for sport :( Another thing that interested me is wondering what type of personality traits you would most likely have to assist you to be a good hunter, perhaps traits such as organised, methodical, careful, planning etc.

AND in Indiana? Wow.
I texted a colleague of mine here in CA who does probate and she thought it was odd just that a missing person’s property could be sold:
@gitana1 :) Interesting.
Did colleague think it was odd:
- a missing person could be declared 'incapacitated' (also seemed odd to me before seeing similar IN statute), or
- guardian or conservator could sell the MisPers/ IncPers's real property?
Also looks like CA statute permits filing petition for Grdnship, w no specified waiting time for missing persons.
^ is the only CA section I read.

California Code, Probate Code - PROB § 1849.5
"(a) A petition may be filed under this article regardless of when the proposed conservatee became missing or how long the proposed conservatee has been missing."

:cool: @gitana Thank you very much for providing us w benefit of your legal expertese.:cool:

Last edited:
It would be frozen because his wife is missing and to grant a conservatorship, and an order selling property of an adult, is a grave thing never undertaken lightly by the court. And on an emergency basis, which means regular due process notice requirements are not met, it is especially grave.

People have the right to handle their own estates. Emergency orders can only be granted under super exigent circumstances and when it has to do with sale of a property it is meant to prevent the waste of the conservetee’s property. Not to give it to his or her spouse or other family member, without proper notice, permission, etc.

That would be a violation of the conservatee’s due process rights.

So holding the funds in escrow pending further hearing, at the very least, would be necessary to protect SM’s constitutional rights.

I respectfully disagree. This is a legal contract that SM allegedly already signed prior to being reported missing. BM is legally obligated to fulfill the terms of the contract, regardless of SM's current situation. If SM was found deceased, BM is still legally obligated to fulfill the terms of the agreement. I am not an attorney so I cannot respond to your legal jargon but it is safe to assume that SM signed a contract (probably 30-60 says ago based on the average time to close escrow on a home). He did not just randomly decide to sell this home in the time since SM has been reported missing. Her rights have not been violated regarding the sale of this property if she already signed the Residential Purchase Contract. Whether or not the proceeds of the sale are released to BM, I don't know...and we will not either because we cannot see the wire instructions. BM has not been accused, arrested, convicted of any crime and he is entitled to receive (at a minimum) his share of the proceeds of the home that will be closing escrow. Now, if BM starts selling other properties co-owned by him and SM or owned solely by SM, that does seem a little suspicious, however not prohibited if he has indeed been granted guardianship. He is receiving very good legal advice IMO. All comments MOO

Last edited:
With the full "Strawberry" moon shining brightly, I pray that Suzanne finds a way to escape from her abductor or that she is finally rescued. I pray that the moon shines brightly on her, whatever her location, so that she may be brought home to her loved ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire