Found Deceased CO - Gannon Stauch, 11, Colorado Springs, El Paso County, 27 Jan 2020 **ARREST** #48

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else get the sense that LS is one of the dumbest criminals we have ever had the displeasure to get to know? I mean Wow!!! Escape plan, the things she says? She actually thought she would be able to escape and told her daughter not to worry if she hears she is no longer in jail. I am just so floored by this person.

65.gif

Maybe she wanted to fly away on her broom.

Exactly, just like Julie Scheneker did. I don’t think many people would have the energy TS had to do everything she did for weeks on end. Kind of makes you wonder what was “fueling” her.

WOW on the way home, while in your bed doing homework by your MOM?? that spun my head
Bad legal advice fueled her imo she said/says things only a lawyer would spin.

While I completely agree that she is a danger to others as discussed earlier, this is because she is desperate to escape, IMO. Not because she is hearing voices or is delusional. She is plotting and planning (premeditation), attempting to buy assistance from others, (collusion), requesting evidence to be destroyed, (concealing evidence) and measuring herself to see if she can fit through the window to ensure her plan will work (intent).

We can clearly see what her defense might be (unless she is found to be legally sane). Her legal team doesn't have much to work with at this point. Although she may attempt to be found insane by lying and pretending, I don't believe she will be successful. She may be a pathological liar, have depression, and have narcissistic tendencies, but the legal definition of insanity is quite hard to prove in a court of law.

https://www.hg.org/legal-articles/when-is-a-person-legally-insane-40282
The insanity defense is one of the most controversial defenses. Additionally, it has one of the lowest success rates among all criminal defenses. [...]
A person may be considered psychotic but still not meet the legal definition of being insane. [...]
A person should be determined to be guilty and receive sentencing if he or she had the free will to commit the crime and the intent to cause harm. [...]
Insanity Law and Legal Definition | USLegal, Inc.
Insanity is a mental illness of such a severe nature that a person cannot distinguish fantasy from reality, cannot manage his/her own affairs, or is subject to uncontrollable impulsive behavior. [...]
I agree. Competency in this case IMO is determined by two factors: 1, was LS legally insane when she committed her crime and 2, is she currently mentally able to assist her defense?

If that's the criteria (and I'm not a lawyer, just going by past cases here) then IMO it will be near impossible to show that LS didn't appreciate her actions during the murder as she showed organized planning. As for her current mental condition nothing I've read about the new charges indicate she's incompetent to assist her defense counsel.

So IMO the mental evaluation will do nothing more than delay proceedings but it will clarify her mental state which clears the way for her trial. MOO.

Quite frankly, I am more concerned about the competency of the guard(s) who did not notice and/or care that TS was passing these notes under her neighbor’s door as she was walking down the hall. No wonder she continues to be so darn brazen, when she keeps finding people who underestimate her ability to be a sneak.

Late to the party...

The fellow prisoner who rumbled Letecia is the unlikely hero of the day. I don’t care what her motivations were, it was hilarious and I was entertained. I may or may not have dropped a few ducats into her commissary fund to enjoy a couple candy bars.

As for Letecia herself, I’m not worried she’ll be ruled incompetent, or if she does, it won’t last. She lacks the self-control to fake incompetency for long, and her ego is too fat to accept being labeled incompetent even as a strategy that may benefit her beyond the short term.

I agree. Competency in this case IMO is determined by two factors: 1, was LS legally insane when she committed her crime and 2, is she currently mentally able to assist her defense?

If that's the criteria (and I'm not a lawyer, just going by past cases here) then IMO it will be near impossible to show that LS didn't appreciate her actions during the murder as she showed organized planning. As for her current mental condition nothing I've read about the new charges indicate she's incompetent to assist her defense counsel.

So IMO the mental evaluation will do nothing more than delay proceedings but it will clarify her mental state which clears the way for her trial. MOO.

BBM

I don't believe the evaluation concerns #1.

From Competency to Stand Trial

BBM below

"Competency to stand trial is legally unrelated to the defendant’s mental state at the time of the alleged crime. In other words, the issue of competency relates to the defendant’s state of mind during criminal proceedings, not during the commission of the crime."

T needs to realize she can stuff tissues in her crotch, escape a hosp, attack guards, plot an escape, claim ptsd, but all her antics will not change the fact she has been caught and will answer for her crime. I think people like her think if they distract then others forget. It has probably worked for her in her drama filled existence. She no more wants to sit in the courtroom with every ones eyes on the back of her head and hearing what awful things she did to Gannon then she wants to spend the rest of her life in prison.
I believe she always thought she was better than LH.. now she will have her sitting there seeing how disgusting of a human she is and has been.

I haven't been under the impression yet that LS is trying to implicate her daughter of throw her under the bus, but rather needs her to stick with the narrative they discussed. I doubt HH will as time goes on. I just can't imagine the position she's found herself in. So confusing. I really feel for her. :(

How do we know they've discussed any kind of narrative?
I haven't seen anything in the MSM (although it's entirely possible I've missed an article).
All I have seen, is TS scribbling some lunatic fantasy plan to escape and telling HH not to worry.
A note she never even sent to her, since it was found still in her cell.

Late to the party...

The fellow prisoner who rumbled Letecia is the unlikely hero of the day. I don’t care what her motivations were, it was hilarious and I was entertained. I may or may not have dropped a few ducats into her commissary fund to enjoy a couple candy bars.

As for Letecia herself, I’m not worried she’ll be ruled incompetent, or if she does, it won’t last. She lacks the self-control to fake incompetency for long, and her ego is too fat to accept being labeled incompetent even as a strategy that may benefit her beyond the short term.

I agree with you,Ninja Bunny, I read out your quote to my understanding partner he finally asked me what has happened, I told him partner walked away rolling his eyes saying quotw" How dumb do you have to be to think you can to escape from prison like that".
But he then said yet people have done what other people are dumb and have got away with it. He mention the Mad Scotman I cannot think of his name in the World War Two he was in the Normandy Invasion, the beginning of D Day. He was a ranking officer who lead his unit in the charge in a kilt carrying only a sword with the piper playing up the beach behind the unit, not one enemy soldier fired a shot at him or his Unit.
IMO, I looked at Letecia may not be incompetent may have a mental disorder has known for years but has used this to her advantage. The reason I say this, is being a former ward of State Welfare from the 1970's to 1980's I been going through my files but with also with a group of Care leavers of the same timeline we talk and support each other. One member past files really now stands out as I am looking LS behaviour.
From his files, he found out his parent had Gross Personality Disorder(I think is is called now Anti Social Disorder,when reading up about it they know what their are doing.)
I think LS shows all the signs, that is IMOO. )
My friend he has watched the Gannon Case from the beginning, but now he stood back as he said it is too much for him to handle. He believes in his opinon LS has this disorder and she will be confined to a mental facuilty without facing trial, causing more grief to Gannon Family and friends, he speaks from experience.

From the files his brother and him had found, His Parent attended a Clinic in Sydney for Mental Disorder in 1970's, it is stated she has Gross Personalty Disorder when she was admitted to clinic.
She left her partner(after cleaning out the bank account before leaving South Australia to moving to Sydney that was one thing she had not inform the clinic)
Claimed to be struggling with money no employment,yet well dressed takes constant trips by plane interstate while the children are left alone dirty and starving. Admits to abusing her boys. Used many fake names. Told so many different stories, she always plays the victim. Clinic and people don't take action.
When she was divorced she even gave the Family Court a fake address never pick/signed her papers, four years later she got married(Still not signed/collected the D Papers) husband found out when she left him two years later after he was left with no money. Before she "married " again, two years earlier, the boys came home from school to find her gone they were placed in a children home before claimed by their Dad.
He said living with his Mum was like walking on egg shells. She could be so charming and witty. Then there was her other side.

I am shocked to learn that a positive ID, using DNA, is not available 2 1/2 months after finding the body, and still hasn’t been done. Based on what I’ve read the last few years, I thought that was a slam dunk if you had a body, regardless of the state of decomp. Shows my naiveté. Going for the dental ID at this point, perfectly logical. I’m surprised they waited this long with T’s initial hearing scheduled for June 5th.

Although Gannon was high on our radar, as we were following this thread since the get- go, I would suspect outside of Colorado Springs area, the story was yesterday news, people had long moved on. Gannon was one of thousands of missing kids on any given day, but within two days of the discovery of the suitcase (not the body, it still doesn’t count as of now) LE tied it in and Michael Allen even upped the charges. There had to be something very unique about the suitcase, or they had tighter surveillance on T than I realized and can really place her there in Florida at that time.

I am shocked to learn that a positive ID, using DNA, is not available 2 1/2 months after finding the body, and still hasn’t been done. Based on what I’ve read the last few years, I thought that was a slam dunk if you had a body, regardless of the state of decomp. Shows my naiveté. Going for the dental ID at this point, perfectly logical. I’m surprised they waited this long with T’s initial hearing scheduled for June 5th.

Although Gannon was high on our radar, as we were following this thread since the get- go, I would suspect outside of Colorado Springs area, the story was yesterday news, people had long moved on. Gannon was one of thousands of missing kids on any given day, but within two days of the discovery of the suitcase (not the body, it still doesn’t count as of now) LE tied it in and Michael Allen even upped the charges. There had to be something very unique about the suitcase, or they had tighter surveillance on T than I realized and can really place her there in Florida at that time.
They don't have Gannon's body DNA?
They got DNA from the chewing gum (tree sap) of a Neanderthal woman.
They have at least Gannon's jawbone so DNA must be there.

They don't have Gannon's body DNA?

They of course have Gannon's DNA as they compared samples of the blood taken from the house and discussed the matchings in the original AA. BUT, They have not managed to get a sample to compare from the remains in the suitcase.
They got DNA from the chewing gum (tree sap) of a Neanderthal woman.
They have at least Gannon's jawbone so DNA must be there.

They of course have Gannon's DNA as they compared samples of the blood taken from the house and discussed the matchings in the original AA. BUT, They have not managed to get a DNA sample from the remains in the suitcase, to prove it's Gannon, mystery to me.
I am astounded as I have read stories exactly like you wrote above.

Attachments

• Gannon DNA.png
    Gannon DNA.png
    119.3 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors