Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, LE is behaving as if they know something that makes them believe BM is 100% guilty but that something is just not enough to make an arrest.

I tend to agree. IMO, LE know something that does not point to the fact that BM committed any type of crime, but they perhaps know something that points to a possible motive to commit said crime.

Perhaps they found something in the search of the house? Perhaps they found out some info via a tip?

IMO - this could be:

- Financial documentation found in the house search, suggesting BM was acting without SM’s knowledge.
- Proof of a mistress called in via a tip.

Neither of the above prove BM is responsible for SM’s death (if this is what has happened), but they are both concrete motives for wanting her “gone”. MOO.

From the beginning, it's really bothered me, that no last sighting of Suzanne or a last phone conversation, text has been reported. I can only compare to other missing person's cases I've followed and this info comes out almost immediately. I'm sure LE has the information and we don't have to know it, I know. What it tells me though is this isn't a missing person case being investigated. Ordinarily, we see, she was last seeen by ***** or she was last seen getting groceries at ***** on such and such a date, or her husband, daughter, friend spoke to her on the phone on ***** and nothing has been heard from her since. If LE was searching for a missing person, they would have this info out there, so if anyone else had seen or talked to her since, it could be reported to them. Jmo, of course.
JMO if they have surveillance tape of the abduction that would be last sighting. Looking for abduction suspect or hired hit man, low key to avoid alerting. JMO
What does LE do when they have camera recording of crime?I think it depends on how clear the px. IOW, maybe they know exactly who did this, just trying to rule out BMs role in the abduction...while hoping one or the other leads them to Suzanne.

@oviedo
5/18 - CCSO asks for video to be preserved from 5/8-5/12
May 18 Press release - Chaffee County Sheriff

5/17 - BM puts out plea via FB missing page (video)
Find Suzanne Morphew

I can't help the editor in me from coming out. Arg. Per my reading through of CCSO press releases, the pleas for preserving videos was first part of the May 17 press release.

"CHAFFEE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE
Salida, Colorado
PRESS RELEASE
May 17, 2020
Members of the Chaffee County Sheriff’s Office, with assistance from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) continue the search for Suzanne Morphew.
Ms. Morphew is a Chaffee County woman reported missing on May 10, 2020.
On Sunday, May 17, members of the Pueblo County Sheriff’s Office Dive Rescue Team searched water sites in the area. (Pictures have been added to the comments section)

As the investigation into the Suzanne Morphew’s missing person case moves forward, Chaffee County residents are being asked to preserve any and all video footage from devices such as Ring doorbells, security cameras, game cameras, etc., from May 8th thru May 12th."

Last edited:
Not that this is the way I am leaning but lets consider this for a moment.

She had a bike accident. She hit her head and was disoriented. She wandered off for a couple or few hours or so before she laid down and succumbed to cranial bleeding.

She would likely be 2-3 miles from where her bike was at most but she could be 10 miles away.

We know that it is very difficult to find people in the wild even when professionals search and that most lost people are a mile or so from where they got lost when they are found.

It's not out of the realm of possibilities that she did get lost, its just not very probable. She was very close to her home. But if she did get lost it is very likely you might never find the body.

Personally, LE is behaving as if they know something that makes them believe BM is 100% guilty but that something is just not enough to make an arrest.

If SM had been in an accident, the dogs would have been able to track her. <Modsnip: no MSM to substantiate>

I agree that LE is behaving as if they know something that points to homicide. My hope is that they'll have their case against her killer sewn up tight and soon make an arrest.

Last edited by a moderator:
We're going to have to agree to disagree here.
A professional journalist answers to his or her direct supervisor & the station or paper they're working for.
They are required to have credentials and expected to hold to a professional code of conduct.
And can be fired if they refuse to maintain that code.

By stark contrast, literally anyone can start a youtube channel and the only thing they're accountable to (besides their own moral position of course) are youtube's TOS & their subscribers, and staying monetized.
They can (and many do) say & promote whatever they want, including gossip, rumor & innuendo.
They are not at all required to have any professional credentials or conduct.
Some do, of course, but many do not.

There are of course exceptions, and I know there are a few members here that also have youtube channels for the same reason we discuss cases here. They are respectful and appear to be quite professional. Those are not the "youtubers" I'm talking about, and I wanted to make that clear.am am

To me, the difference between MSM and SM is night and day.

DBM

It took almost 4 months before Scott Peterson was arrested.

It took 28 days for Craig Lazon to be arrested.

10 months before Brian Sluss was arrested.

... and in each of those cases we found out so much was going on behind the scenes. I think there is a lot going on right now and hopefully we will know soon.

Thank you for posting this. I was wondering how long it took LE to arrest Scott Peterson. 4 months? Wow, and just think of all that we later learned was going on behind the scenes. Amber Frey was recording his phone calls to her and everything.

The thing is 49 year old women just don’t get abducted from a bike very often. Do 49 year old women have bike accidents? Sure, but they would be somewhere in the vicinity.

I’m so tired of women going missing and made to look like it was something they did wrong. Biking alone, hiking alone, running alone. Vulnerable woman, shouldn’t have been out biking where there are mountain lions, big cliffs, bad people waiting to abduct her. :mad:

Sorry but there’s a reason husbands are the first looked at. Very good reason. Sometimes they get lucky, but I hope Suzanne gets justice.
ITA! I'm an active runner,, hiker, biker, golfer etc. It pis ses me off to no end to think I am more at risk because I'm a female out on my own for my health and fun.

There is now a house framed on that site. I'm pretty sure nothing was found there or they would not have allowed the construction to commence.
I believed that also. Would they allow construction to resume even if they found something thought to be the entire evidence or would they halt construction and literally take it apart?

I would also be open to the media.
Content creators on youtube, are not the media.
Huge difference.
I think I would be open to anyone that had an audience and was willing to help me find my loved one, not just media. It’s okay for us to have varying opinions on “how we would handle this”. Hopefully neither of us will ever actually know or be faced with this travesty.

Good point. But yes, he did say "were".

You can hear it around 2:09:

:). Your post had reminded me of what I thought I had heard earlier, but had forgotten to ask about it. It's good for me to read it in addition to hearing it spoken because it's easier to misremember spoken words than written.
I always have to watch tv with subtitles whenever offered.

JMO if they have surveillance tape of the abduction that would be last sighting. Looking for abduction suspect or hired hit man, low key to avoid alerting. JMO
What does LE do when they have camera recording of crime?I think it depends on how clear the px. IOW, maybe they know exactly who did this, just trying to rule out BMs role in the abduction...while hoping one or the other leads them to Suzanne.

I understand what you're saying and I would love for you to be right. All I have to go on is other cases I've followed and compare. No two cases are exactly alike. So we wait...

Thank you for posting this. I was wondering how long it took LE to arrest Scott Peterson. 4 months? Wow, and just think of all that we later learned was going on behind the scenes. Amber Frey was recording his phone calls to her and everything.

And Peterson was only arrested because he clearly couldn't keep his cool anymore and attempted to conceal his identity by dying his hair and fleeing the US for Mexico. We don't really know how much longer LE would have waited on Peterson had he not been exposed in one of the more embarrassing attempts to become a fugitive. I don't think he would have lasted long in Mexico, though. He wasn't that prepared or that clever. Sort of more on the level of Chris Watts.

My subconscious, or could be the Lyon sisters’ case 45 yrs ago. A man followed a station wagon when he thought he saw them... they were found in a location consistent w/ the event, he lost them and wondered all these years.
400 tips, do WE know the content of any of them? There is probably always at least one of these.
At this point I am simply trying to build case for innocence, but my ultimate goal

JMO that could be used to support my assumption that the surveillance video DID show her last sighting, also the reference to preserving video to rule out a stalker scoping out the surroundings ahead of time ... random
stalker or hired hit man MOO

I don't know if you have followed the Jennifer Dulos case, but it's a good example of how LE asked people to save their video surveillance. They got them as they needed them and were able to put them together and actually track FD's routes that he took and even spotted him riding a bike to Jennifer's house, iirc. Unfortunately, he committed suicide when he was charged with murder, so we didn't get to see how it all turns out. I'm pretty sure the evidence collected would have been a cut and dried case. Like Patrick Frazee. All this just as an example and jmo.

And Peterson was only arrested because he clearly couldn't keep his cool anymore and attempted to conceal his identity by dying his hair and fleeing the US for Mexico. We don't really know how much longer LE would have waited on Peterson had he not been exposed in one of the more embarrassing attempts to become a fugitive. I don't think he would have lasted long in Mexico, though. He wasn't that prepared or that clever. Sort of more on the level of Chris Watts.
The trigger for Scott Peterson’s arrest was the surfacing of the bodies (he knew an arrest was coming, and decided to flee).

Had that not happened, I’m sure that investigation would have continued for a lot longer (prior to charges).

The difficulty in cases without a body, is proving that the victim is dead in the first place. Without conclusive evidence to that effect, time is your friend (the longer someone remains completely off the grid, the more likely it is that they are deceased).

That’s why there’s no telling when we might see movement here, as we have absolutely no idea what law enforcement has at this point.

If SM had been in an accident, the dogs would have been able to track her. They hit on the bike, but not anyplace leading away from it.

That in and of itself is a big clue (assuming the info about the dogs only 'hitting' on the bike itself and not on any ground is true). Unless one believes SM levitated off her bike and managed to shed no skin cells whatsoever (an impossible thing, btw) a scent would be picked up beyond the bike itself if she had been out and about riding, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member