UNSOLVED NY - Man goes to clear out dead mom’s home, finds body in freezer, Manhattan, 1 May 2020

I know I looked all over and could not find any updates so was kind of offended by the snarkiness when told that "Regular" readers have followed the updates
Well, I am not a Regular reader and I did search for updated info, so there LOL
But at least they answered my email :p

I searched again and still didn't find anything. I'm guessing it must be buried in one of the "metropolitan crime" columns or something similar.

But I'm glad you asked and very glad he replied. Thank you, Kelly Burke :)

p.s. notified moderators so they can update the title

If there's nothing in NYDN online I suppose it might have been a story in the regular physical edition of the tabloid, yet the whole thing smells just bit. Yes, Virginia, there is Kelly Burke, at least, at the News.

collecting her mothers social security benefits.​

I suppose it might have slipped her attention but the missing possessive apostrophe....

Also, no other news organization saw fit to cover this news online? Why?

This just adds to the mystery. I am not buying.

Last edited:
I wonder if she invited some poor homeless vet with a pension into her home. And kept receiving their pension. Shades of Arsenic and Old Lace.

ETA: I can see I am a day late and a dollar short. Her mom, huh?

Last edited:
I wonder if she invited some poor homeless vet with a pension into her home. And kept receiving their pension. Shades of Arsenic and Old Lace.

ETA: I can see I am a day late and a dollar short. Her mom, huh?
That is what the reporter said, it was her mom.
But you are right on with the Pension (and SS) Benefits--I am sure they kept coming even after she was "frozen".

Till I see it in print I'm dismissing the story.

Reactions: DD8
Here is My reply from one of the Reporters- Kerry Burke-NYDailyNews
"

Dear Ms ___

Turns out the body in the freezer is the mother of the woman who recently died in the apartment. When the mother died, her daughter may have hid the body so she could allegedly continue collecting her mothers social security benefits.

Regular readers of the NY Daily News have followed our coverage of the story. Search our site and you’ll get the latest stories.

Best, k
Kerry Burke, NY Daily News

This is the same reason for the lady here in Utah. Doesn't surprise me in the least.

If there's nothing in NYDN online I suppose it might have been a story in the regular physical edition of the tabloid, yet the whole thing smells just bit. Yes, Virginia, there is Kelly Burke, at least, at the News.

collecting her mothers social security benefits.​

I suppose it might have slipped her attention but the missing possessive apostrophe....

Also, no other news organization saw fit to cover this news online? Why?

This just adds to the mystery. I am not buying.

What aren't you buying? That is was the woman's mother's body? Or that she was collecting the $$?

That is what the reporter said, it was her mom.
But you are right on with the Pension (and SS) Benefits--I am sure they kept coming even after she was "frozen".

She needed the money to pay the electricity for the freezer. Will they give h e r a discount off restitution for the e l ectricity bill?

And still nothing from any news source online stating resolution for this case. Strikes one as strange, no?

NYDN has two other NY stories of frozen relatives and fraud by their freezers in the last ten years. Nothing following up on this one in Hamilton Heights, Sugar Hill, Manhattan.

Odd.

Last edited:
And still nothing from any news source online stating resolution for this case. Strikes one as strange, no?

NYDN has two other NY stories of frozen relatives and fraud by their freezers in the last ten years. Nothing following up on this one in Hamilton Heights, Sugar Hill, Manhattan.

Odd.

Not really.

Maybe if the woman was still alive and was arrested, or the body was someone other than a relative, or multiple bodies. Then I could see more articles.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back