NY NY - Bronx, 3312 Merrit Ave, UnsFem 20-30, UP5993, partial skull, May'04

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
NamUs UP 5993

https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/5993

Unidentified Body/Remains (Unsure Female)
[/B]
Found May 13, 2004 in Bronx County, NY
Body Condition: Not recognizable - partial remains with soft tissues
Probable year of death: 2003 to 2004

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 20-30 (Adult - Pre 30)
Approximate Height: cannot estimate
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate
Hair Color: Dark
Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks:

Clothing & Accessories
Clothing: nothing
Jewerly: nothing
Footwear: nothing
Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint information is not available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA: Sample submitted - tests not complete[/B]

Case History

Partial skull found behind a supermarket at above location.

That location is very close to where I grew up. On the one hand, there's 95 and the Hutch in immediate proximity, but on other hand, there are a lot of locations in that immediate area that are obscure and industrial. I'm curious to know if there are more reports available about whether the remains had been recently moved or had been there for a while.

I'm nearby, too. Isn't this over going towards Co-Op City?

That location is very close to where I grew up. On the one hand, there's 95 and the Hutch in immediate proximity, but on other hand, there are a lot of locations in that immediate area that are obscure and industrial. I'm curious to know if there are more reports available about whether the remains had been recently moved or had been there for a while.

Yes--this is the area before Peartree Plaza as you're approaching Co-Op from Conner Street. These blocks run roughly parallel to 95 North. There's been a lot of development around there recently, but the specific blocks in question remain pretty desolate and industrial.

Tatsachen that is a really good question. Did someone just place it there or had it sat there unnoticed for all this time.

This is the Only unidentified headless person I have found in New York between 2003 and 2004
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP5724Male, Uncertain
Date Body Found
July 31, 2003
Location Found
New York, New York

Circumstances of Recovery
Male torso found by security workers on the rocky shore underneath the George Washington Bridge.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsHead not recovered One or more limbs not recovered One or both hands not recovered
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues

It looks as if DNA confirmed that these remains belonged to someone who had female DNA.

This is the Only unidentified headless person I have found in New York between 2003 and 2004

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP5724Male, Uncertain
Date Body Found
July 31, 2003
Location Found
New York, New York

Male torso found by security workers on the rocky shore underneath the George Washington Bridge.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsHead not recovered One or more limbs not recovered One or both hands not recovered
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues

It looks as if DNA confirmed that these remains belonged to someone who had female DNA.

ok so we are def looking for a female. ..
it’s crazy there is only one person missing his head in 2003 and now confirmed there is this one female skull missing a body.. but nothing matches up...

Here are the maps according to Namus

Attachments

• 13D24C8A-67F2-47C7-8934-8A821E837660.png
    13D24C8A-67F2-47C7-8934-8A821E837660.png
    379.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 7423B4AA-984D-498F-957C-21DE706D96B7.png
    7423B4AA-984D-498F-957C-21DE706D96B7.png
    474.6 KB · Views: 1
So this was a partial skull. So I guess it did not have a bottom jaw? But it had hair?

I wonder if these match the skull?

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP5632Female, Uncertain
Date Body FoundSeptember 8, 2005
Location FoundBrooklyn, New York

Estimated Age GroupAdult
Estimated Age Range (Years)18-99
Estimated Year of Death2002-2005
Estimated PMI--
Height5' 3"(63 inches) , Estimated
WeightCannot Estimate

Two femurs were found on the Shuttle train subway tracks near the tunnel opening near the intersection at Empire Blvd and Flatbush Avenue. Anthropological analysis showed that they belonged to the same individual.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsHead not recovered Torso not recovered One or more limbs not recovered One or both hands not recovered
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back