Coronavirus COVID-19 - Global Health Pandemic #60

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you SO much for taking the time to post this. It made me cry, but that's a good thing right now. I'm going through something similar. It's the first time in this whole pandemic that I've felt really disheartened and anxious - this whole reopening thing (and kids) is just so hard.

It feels so sad when we see people doing this, because it means those of us who are vulnerable have to step back even further. My younger family members have to go on with their lives, and while they are being more cautious than your friends, I am reacting very emotionally.

There are selfish reasons (I want to be able to see and hug them), and then there's worry (a couple of these wonderful people are in their 40's, one of them seems to get nearly every virus that comes through the area, doctor has recommended a certain surgery that is now rescheduled - but how can he even think about that surgery if the people around him keep extending the "bubble")??

Deep inside, I really fear dying of this thing, too. I have a number of co-morbidities. TONS of people with the same profile have survived, but for most, it's been quite difficult. I'm sure that many, many people your age and with your profile have survived too but who wants to risk that? You are a vibrant, relatively healthy, independent person. You don't want to be transformed into a longterm patient of CoVid.

I was crying Sunday evening and all day yesterday. Do you have someone to talk to, at home?

I swing back and forth between feeling my own feelings (of worry for myself, but also for everyone in my family as they reopen - California is seeing an upswing in cases which the scientific side of my brain says, well, that's due to increased testing - the ICU rate is not climbing!)

This is the time to have a teleconference with your doctor. Ask them what they think preventative measures are (if they say "none," that's not good - they should be telling you to take Vitamin D, perhaps NAC, and a good doctor will tolerate you asking politely about other measures, such as nasal heparin). Ask if they know about early treatment for people at risk. How often should you be tested? While it would be uncomfortable to have a nasal swab once a week, I'd do it if I though I was getting exposed (I don't even go to the grocery store or pharmacy right now - my DH does those things). I do go for walks around our quiet neighborhood, and now, I'll see my two daughters and families, outdoors only, with masks, and not for a long period of time. Sigh. I do need to follow my own advice - I have to change doctors and I'm dragging my feet.

Have a plan. Don't be afraid to get tested. If you are found to have CV early, there's so much more they can do for you. Be insistent about your vulnerability. Define yourself as high risk, if you test positive, you want immediate intervention not "wait and see," and you want all the treatments that prevent going on a ventilator. There are lots of them. Find out what your doctor knows, you will not be seen as paranoid, trust me.

You're not paranoid. Now we're all worrying about our friends and families, and one of these days, someone in our broader circles will get something respiratory, and even if it is not SARS, the entire social network will feel it like an earthquake. The kids are going to be okay, we all know that (with rare exceptions) but...young adults are getting this and are in hospital, some for a long time. It can be life-changing at any age.

Anyway, I'm not particularly optimistic, myself, about surviving this - although I try to be and am generally an optimist. But this disease is too unpredictable and now, deaths in my area are back on the rise again, as are hospitalizations.

I have your same thought "Maybe I'm the crazy, paranoid one."

I can't tell if my kids agree or not, they're too polite. We had to remind them yesterday that...I have a gene that increases morbidity, just for starters. They knew that, but hadn't read the scientific research, so I sent it. Now they're sad.

But there's no way to put this back in the bottle. And people are going to go to what your friends do. While my family members are relatively cautious, each time they socialize with other people - no matter how cautious - just two or three degrees away are going to be some people like your friends. It's not an orderly reopening.

We need to know more. Do the asymptomatic transmit or not? What percentage of kids actually get CV when exposed? (Research strongly indicates that kids transmit the disease as easily as adults - but are not as susceptible to getting it in the first place). Do we even know how soon the disease is transmissible? Because scientists who are studying monkeys for the vaccine wear special PPE...because they don't want to come into contact with even a few virions in a monkey's nose...

I too worry about your parents and other family members - but I don't see how young people with kids to raise can stop allowing them to socialize a bit (although what you describe is simply horrifying to me - you are not over-reacting one little bit, IMO). {{{hugs}}}

I'm responding to the text in red bold above, regarding preventive measures. I just found this story:
Vitamins to help fight COVID - and some might surprise you!

"You might be asking, 'How much of these vitamins should I take?' One EVMS study on supplements to help fight COVID-19 suggests:
  • 500 mg of Vitamin C
  • 75 mg of Zinc
  • 1-2 mg of Melatonin
  • 1,000 IU of Vitamin D3
And Dr. Marik recommends a low dose of 10 milligrams of Pepcid AC."

Another article: Natural Remedies & Supplements for Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I am taking vitamin D (2000 IU), melatonin (5 mg), and a multivitamin that contains C and zinc. I haven't tried Pepcid AC (famotidine). I'm up for taking anything that would help me if I got exposed, as long as it doesn't have significant side effects or would interact badly with other medicines I take.

It would be great to compile a list of things to discuss with your doctor. You also mention NAC and nasal heparin, for instance.

I don't think we are wrong in using caution. It makes sense to me when there is so little that is known about this virus. Does a person know how the virus will affect them? They may know of their personal health issues and so forth. I guess we need to make our own choices in what works for us. Throwing caution to the wind is risky but that is what they want. Wrong for me but I can't say it is wrong for them. I do feel it is wrong to bring in your even "allergy symptoms" self to a public bank! Unreal! I would think that all of the information known, such as mild symptons or in fact any symptoms would have been enough for those workers to question the possibility of it being Covid19! The very reason why the bank had been closed in the first place - it is still causing illness. We need to live with this virus and some of us fear it more than others. I believe there is a reason to fear the unkown. We have to adjust to how we function in our daily lives. Only we can know what is going to be right for ourselves. I will chose to stay away from certain public places, see my grandchildren, use a mask for myself and others when I feel it is needed. This could be something that doesn't work for another person. I do not want to get carelessly sick or spread it. I feel that wearing a face mask in some places and by keeping clean or certainly if I have any symptoms to question the possibility before giving the chance of Covid19 to strike out at others. My mother in law is setting up her own senior (84 years) birthday party, 20 people in June! She will be done with her chemo in a few days and is a high risk needless to explain. She is doing what she feels is right for her and her senior friends that agree are eager to visit finally. No, none of them have a death wish but things will be set up in an environment they agree on is comfortable and risk is minimal. The 20 people wear masks but only 5 at a time allowed, spread 6 feet apart in the house with open windows for 15 minutes to eat cake and coffee. Things are cleaned, people sent to sectioned outdoor seating, can leave or visit and next 5 come in until 20 have come and gone. Not sure what else she has planned out but gotta love her she is going to party! I think it is healthy for her to enjoy these people she loves, she made the set up and I am helping. She is smart, kind, loving and fair, retired nurse. Knows what she wants and enjoys life!

Here's the link about Nick Cordero (from yesterday):

Amanda Kloots shares hopeful health update on husband Nick Cordero: | Daily Mail Online

It's here and there in other MSM as well.

@anneg You've got the pronunciation right AFAIK. It's a soft "c". pow-si or pow-sigh

And here's an article that is trying to explain these various stages of COvid-ness:

Asymptomatic, presymptomatic, slightly symptomatic cases: goats and sodas: NPR | FR24 News English

Thanks. However, the Daily Mail story and video of Amanda don't mention him being off the ventilator this past weekend.

ETA: Apparently he had a tracheostomy at the beginning of May. So I guess that means he is receiving oxygen that way instead of using a ventilator. I'll have to look that up to better understand it.

Last edited:
I'm feeling so sad and conflicted today. Some friends of mine celebrated their daughter's birthday this week. What did the birthday girl get to do? She had a party with 9 other friends her age and then got to go clothes shopping at multiple stores that just re-opened in their area. No masks and no social distancing in any of the festivities. The party was outside and they had cupcakes but the pictures showed the kids sitting right next to each other in the grass, knees touching while eating their cupcakes. And the birthday girl tried on tons of clothes at a busy store with no masks seen in any of the photos. And I know these friends of mine have masks to wear because I've seen photos of their masks and masks for their children too. They were so careful in the beginning. Why are they suddenly acting as if the virus is gone? I wanted to celebrate that they got to have a "normal" party but I just couldn't bring myself to feel any joy for them. I only feel foreboding and sadness. They have been unemployed throughout this-- how will they pay their hospital bills if they or their children get sick? Or worse, how will they feel if they get it and pass it on to their elderly parents/grandparents and someone they love dies? I wanted to shout "What are you thinking, we're in the middle of a pandemic!?!" I restrained myself and simply gave a half-hearted, "How sweet she had a fun day, tell *advertiser censored* happy birthday from us..." And that was the end of the conversation. Maybe I'm the crazy one to still social distance and wear a mask to the store? I dread every grocery trip because of people like my friends who are acting irresponsibly in public. I've been convinced by the data so far that this virus is a death sentence for me if I get it. I'm no spring chicken, but I'm too young to die. I have a lot I still want to accomplish in this life. I have a lot to live for. Also I don't want to lose my parents, my in-laws, my many vulnerable friends and family members to this horrible virus all in one year. They all still have a lot to live for too. I'm sitting here crying now. Maybe I'm the crazy one though... Maybe the predictions of a second wave with higher death tolls are wrong? It seems like we never even got out of the first wave before things opened back up. MOO.

:(:confused::eek::mad:o_O

I hear ya, and I sympathize: I think for some (who are in denial to a certain extent), with stores and restaurants open, things look normal (except for people in masks)and signs all over the stores and restaurants about social distancing. You can almost believe everything is just like it was: after all, you can' t see the virus--- so you can pretend it doesn't exist and everything is just like it was before: But it isnt't. We are not out of the first wave and i believe the 2nd one is coming. Things could get ugly because this time people won't lock down.

Thank you SO much for taking the time to post this. It made me cry, but that's a good thing right now. I'm going through something similar. It's the first time in this whole pandemic that I've felt really disheartened and anxious - this whole reopening thing (and kids) is just so hard.

It feels so sad when we see people doing this, because it means those of us who are vulnerable have to step back even further. My younger family members have to go on with their lives, and while they are being more cautious than your friends, I am reacting very emotionally.

There are selfish reasons (I want to be able to see and hug them), and then there's worry (a couple of these wonderful people are in their 40's, one of them seems to get nearly every virus that comes through the area, doctor has recommended a certain surgery that is now rescheduled - but how can he even think about that surgery if the people around him keep extending the "bubble")??

Deep inside, I really fear dying of this thing, too. I have a number of co-morbidities. TONS of people with the same profile have survived, but for most, it's been quite difficult. I'm sure that many, many people your age and with your profile have survived too but who wants to risk that? You are a vibrant, relatively healthy, independent person. You don't want to be transformed into a longterm patient of CoVid.

I was crying Sunday evening and all day yesterday. Do you have someone to talk to, at home?

I swing back and forth between feeling my own feelings (of worry for myself, but also for everyone in my family as they reopen - California is seeing an upswing in cases which the scientific side of my brain says, well, that's due to increased testing - the ICU rate is not climbing!)

This is the time to have a teleconference with your doctor. Ask them what they think preventative measures are (if they say "none," that's not good - they should be telling you to take Vitamin D, perhaps NAC, and a good doctor will tolerate you asking politely about other measures, such as nasal heparin). Ask if they know about early treatment for people at risk. How often should you be tested? While it would be uncomfortable to have a nasal swab once a week, I'd do it if I though I was getting exposed (I don't even go to the grocery store or pharmacy right now - my DH does those things). I do go for walks around our quiet neighborhood, and now, I'll see my two daughters and families, outdoors only, with masks, and not for a long period of time. Sigh. I do need to follow my own advice - I have to change doctors and I'm dragging my feet.

Have a plan. Don't be afraid to get tested. If you are found to have CV early, there's so much more they can do for you. Be insistent about your vulnerability. Define yourself as high risk, if you test positive, you want immediate intervention not "wait and see," and you want all the treatments that prevent going on a ventilator. There are lots of them. Find out what your doctor knows, you will not be seen as paranoid, trust me.

You're not paranoid. Now we're all worrying about our friends and families, and one of these days, someone in our broader circles will get something respiratory, and even if it is not SARS, the entire social network will feel it like an earthquake. The kids are going to be okay, we all know that (with rare exceptions) but...young adults are getting this and are in hospital, some for a long time. It can be life-changing at any age.

Anyway, I'm not particularly optimistic, myself, about surviving this - although I try to be and am generally an optimist. But this disease is too unpredictable and now, deaths in my area are back on the rise again, as are hospitalizations.

I have your same thought "Maybe I'm the crazy, paranoid one."

I can't tell if my kids agree or not, they're too polite. We had to remind them yesterday that...I have a gene that increases morbidity, just for starters. They knew that, but hadn't read the scientific research, so I sent it. Now they're sad.

But there's no way to put this back in the bottle. And people are going to go to what your friends do. While my family members are relatively cautious, each time they socialize with other people - no matter how cautious - just two or three degrees away are going to be some people like your friends. It's not an orderly reopening.

We need to know more. Do the asymptomatic transmit or not? What percentage of kids actually get CV when exposed? (Research strongly indicates that kids transmit the disease as easily as adults - but are not as susceptible to getting it in the first place). Do we even know how soon the disease is transmissible? Because scientists who are studying monkeys for the vaccine wear special PPE...because they don't want to come into contact with even a few virions in a monkey's nose...

I too worry about your parents and other family members - but I don't see how young people with kids to raise can stop allowing them to socialize a bit (although what you describe is simply horrifying to me - you are not over-reacting one little bit, IMO). {{{hugs}}}

Hugs to you too. I have my DH to commiserate with and he sees the same things I see. But he has to go to his office everyday and works at a cubicle in a big room where the windows don't open. His employer takes temps at the door and provides everyone 1 mask per week to wear for the entire week. But they do not require everyone to wear the masks at all times. They only have to wear them when lining up to pick up their lunch (provided free by the employer and everyone is banned from leaving to eat away from work now but DH takes his own lunch now to avoid the line up altogether). Or they have to wear a mask when in close contact in a group or in a smaller room with others, like for a board meeting. He says everyone takes them off while sitting at their cubicle desks, which is useless IMHO. And one of his co-workers is deaf and depends on reading lips, so DH has to take off his mask every time he needs to talk to that person.

We have started sleeping in separate bedrooms and using separate bathrooms ever since he had to go back to the office-- they let him work from home for 6 weeks but then told him he had to go back in after that. We're hoping that if he gets it we might have a chance with us sleeping apart that I won't get infected before he develops symptoms and can be tested. But we're probably not doing enough because we are not completely quarantining him like the healthcare workers that are quarantining from their vulnerable family members. We tried it for a week and we can't. I need regular hugs and physical contact to get through this or I would lose my mind, LOL. I also can't avoid the shared parts of the house (living room/kitchen/home office) but I wash my hands and sanitize often touched surfaces constantly. I'm so busy cleaning and tending my garden these days I'm hardly posting on WS anymore, LOL.

We do have plans in place for if one of us gets sick and we have to quarantine more fully. We have a room set up in our unfinished basement. If one of us gets sick we will sleep in a tent on an air mattress down there. There is a full bathroom in the basement and a second washer and dryer down there and we set up a mini kitchen with a microwave, fridge and coffeemaker. It won't be super comfortable (no bed and the only furniture is lawn chairs, LOL) but if someone has to quarantine down there for a couple weeks we can stock it with enough food and they can wash their own clothing and have their own bathroom. We would stay completely separate if one of us got it. Also there are no HVAC vents down there so we don't have to worry about it going through shared air ducts. I think we have thought of everything we need to hunker down for a good long while at home. But it's useless if the rest of the world insists on getting corona and spreading it around recklessly. I still have to grocery shop every 2 weeks (with full PPE). Some of DH's coworkers already got it early on in the pandemic. It's like a ticking time bomb. He's too young to retire and he loves his job. All his coworkers have young kids at home. Once this spreads through the kids going back to school or having parties it will spread to DH's coworkers and then it will likely spread to us via DH's job. Should I live as a prisoner in my own home, locked in one room and wearing a mask constantly around my DH because the world refuses to social distance/wear masks and my DH has to make a living to support us? No, it's impossible. What's so hard about asking people to wear masks and keep their distance in public? It's such a small request that could save many lives. I'm doing all I can to protect myself and those I love. Short of moving to New Zealand, I don't know what else to do except cry and pray. I've come to the point where I say: "Here I stand, I can do no other. God help me, Amen."

MOO.

ETA: Also meant to mention we are taking vitamin D. We watch Dr Campbell every night and we're keeping up to date on the research/new data as much as possible.

Last edited:
On the current trends dashboard for Ohio, the 24 hour reports of cases, deaths and hospitalizations are all lower than the 21 day averages. The 21 day average for ICU admissions is 17 but in the last 24 hours there are 40 ICU admissions. Any suggestions for why the spike in ICU admissions?

Hugs to you too. I have my DH to commiserate with and he sees the same things I see. But he has to go to his office everyday and works at a cubicle in a big room where the windows don't open. His employer takes temps at the door and provides everyone 1 mask per week to wear for the entire week. But they do not require everyone to wear the masks at all times. They only have to wear them when lining up to pick up their lunch (provided free by the employer and everyone is banned from leaving to eat away from work now but DH takes his own lunch now to avoid the line up altogether). Or they have to wear a mask when in close contact in a group or in a smaller room with others, like for a board meeting. He says everyone takes them off while sitting at their cubicle desks, which is useless IMHO. And one of his co-workers is deaf and depends on reading lips, so DH has to take off his mask every time he needs to talk to that person.

We have started sleeping in separate bedrooms and using separate bathrooms ever since he had to go back to the office-- they let him work from home for 6 weeks but then told him he had to go back in after that. We're hoping that if he gets it we might have a chance with us sleeping apart that I won't get infected before he develops symptoms and can be tested. But we're probably not doing enough because we are not completely quarantining him like the healthcare workers that are quarantining from their vulnerable family members. We tried it for a week and we can't. I need regular hugs and physical contact to get through this or I would lose my mind, LOL. I also can't avoid the shared parts of the house (living room/kitchen/home office) but I wash my hands and sanitize often touched surfaces constantly. I'm so busy cleaning and tending my garden these days I'm hardly posting on WS anymore, LOL.

We do have plans in place for if one of us gets sick and we have to quarantine more fully. We have a room set up in our unfinished basement. If one of us gets sick we will sleep in a tent on an air mattress down there. There is a full bathroom in the basement and a second washer and dryer down there and we set up a mini kitchen with a microwave, fridge and coffeemaker. It won't be super comfortable (no bed and the only furniture is lawn chairs, LOL) but if someone has to quarantine down there for a couple weeks we can stock it with enough food and they can wash their own clothing and have their own bathroom. We would stay completely separate if one of us got it. Also there are no HVAC vents down there so we don't have to worry about it going through shared air ducts. I think we have thought of everything we need to hunker down for a good long while at home. But it's useless if the rest of the world insists on getting corona and spreading it around recklessly. I still have to grocery shop every 2 weeks (with full PPE). Some of DH's coworkers already got it early on in the pandemic. It's like a ticking time bomb. He's too young to retire and he loves his job. All his coworkers have young kids at home. Once this spreads through the kids going back to school or having parties it will spread to DH's coworkers and then it will likely spread to us via DH's job. Should I live as a prisoner in my own home, locked in one room and wearing a mask constantly around my DH because the world refuses to social distance/wear masks and my DH has to make a living to support us? No, it's impossible. What's so hard about asking people to wear masks and keep their distance in public? It's such a small request that could save many lives. I'm doing all I can to protect myself and those I love. Short of moving to New Zealand, I don't know what else to do except cry and pray. I've come to the point where I say: "Here I stand, I can do no other. God help me, Amen."MOO.

I fully understand your concerns and doing everything possible to prevent this horrible virus from coming to your home. It's just amazing to me that so many believe the pandemic is over and is old news. What are they thinking? The US is still losing about 1000 people per day. In my state we just had a 31 yr old woman die of COVID-19 - no underlying health problems, and she wasn't in any facility. I don't know what it will take to get people to realize things are not back to normal. The virus is still with us.

I'm responding to the text in red bold above, regarding preventive measures. I just found this story:
Vitamins to help fight COVID - and some might surprise you!

"You might be asking, 'How much of these vitamins should I take?' One EVMS study on supplements to help fight COVID-19 suggests:
  • 500 mg of Vitamin C
  • 75 mg of Zinc
  • 1-2 mg of Melatonin
  • 1,000 IU of Vitamin D3
And Dr. Marik recommends a low dose of 10 milligrams of Pepcid AC."

Another article: Natural Remedies & Supplements for Coronavirus (COVID-19)

I am taking vitamin D (2000 IU), melatonin (5 mg), and a multivitamin that contains C and zinc. I haven't tried Pepcid AC (famotidine). I'm up for taking anything that would help me if I got exposed, as long as it doesn't have significant side effects or would interact badly with other medicines I take.

It would be great to compile a list of things to discuss with your doctor. You also mention NAC and nasal heparin, for instance.

Exactly! Thank you so much for helping us. I read a study 3 years ago about Vitamin D as anti-viral and the doctor advised 5000 IU in times of stress or epidemic. And as far as I can tell, that's nowhere near a too-high dose of D3, so that's pretty much what I take - and I have only gotten sick when directly sneezed on several times! (In 3.5 years, actually). I just added C and zinc since this epidemic. I'm also taking NAC.

I've been talking about the nasal heparin so much - and as I'm changing doctors, I get to ask questions about it up front. I haven't tried Pepcid either. I guess if I were going out more, I might. OTOH, one of its regular effects is to protect the stomach lining - so I do see the point.

I started to take pepcid since I have heartburn anyway. I take the regular dose. If covid symptoms strike, seems like one needs to up the dose. Suggestion is to take up to 280 mg if covid positive (so that is 4 of 20 mg famotidine tablet x 3 times a day), but some people were taking as low as 60 mg a day.

Exactly! Thank you so much for helping us. I read a study 3 years ago about Vitamin D as anti-viral and the doctor advised 5000 IU in times of stress or epidemic. And as far as I can tell, that's nowhere near a too-high dose of D3, so that's pretty much what I take - and I have only gotten sick when directly sneezed on several times! (In 3.5 years, actually). I just added C and zinc since this epidemic. I'm also taking NAC.

I've been talking about the nasal heparin so much - and as I'm changing doctors, I get to ask questions about it up front. I haven't tried Pepcid either. I guess if I were going out more, I might. OTOH, one of its regular effects is to protect the stomach lining - so I do see the point.
I am so pleased I went to the docs last year with aching legs. Bloods showed up extremely low vit D so I had been taking it for many months when I became ill with what I believe was the virus. I am so pleased I went for that check up.

On the current trends dashboard for Ohio, the 24 hour reports of cases, deaths and hospitalizations are all lower than the 21 day averages. The 21 day average for ICU admissions is 17 but in the last 24 hours there are 40 ICU admissions. Any suggestions for why the spike in ICU admissions?
It takes a while for some people to end up in ICU. Right now people stay at home (they won't be admitted) unless they start having really severe symptoms.

If other people are not wearing masks, one needs to purchase better PPE (like N95 masks) to protect oneself.

This is what one needs to do, because, at least in the U.S., we've shown that masks, distancing and contact tracing are not going to be used to a meaningful degree. Everyone is on their own here, so if you are going to where a mask, at least have the sense to wear one that protects you.

I am one of the people that folks in this forum will probably despise. I work from home and my life revolves around going out to lunch and going to the bar at night. Our two months of lock up were pure torture for me, so I was the first one in line the minute my favorite establishments reopened. In some cases the precautions were implemented, per guidelines, in others it was more relaxed. I can tell you now, a month into my "old normal," things have reverted to the way they were. My lunch spot went from putting hot sauce in little cups, to just handing me the bottle. Hardly anyone at the bar wears masks, and we are packed in like sardines. It's joyous to be alive again.

It may be easy to say, now, but "living" again is worth the risk. In my state less than 0.4% of the population has tested positive and of those positive case under 65, the death rate is 0.75%. This isn't exactly the Black Death.

You are free to go out, with or with precautions, or to decide to hide under your bed, wrapped in plastic, until there is a cure. As long as I have a choice, I will keep living out in the world.

(Prediction: "Covid Fear" totally evaporates when the weekly $600 bonus checks stop coming...)

This is what one needs to do, because, at least in the U.S., we've shown that masks, distancing and contact tracing are not going to be used to a meaningful degree. Everyone is on their own here, so if you are going to where a mask, at least have the sense to wear one that protects you.

I am one of the people that folks in this forum will probably despise. I work from home and my life revolves around going out to lunch and going to the bar at night. Our two months of lock up were pure torture for me, so I was the first one in line the minute my favorite establishments reopened. In some cases the precautions were implemented, per guidelines, in others it was more relaxed. I can tell you now, a month into my "old normal," things have reverted to the way they were. My lunch spot went from putting hot sauce in little cups, to just handing me the bottle. Hardly anyone at the bar wears masks, and we are packed in like sardines. It's joyous to be alive again.

It may be easy to say, now, but "living" again is worth the risk. In my state less than 0.4% of the population has tested positive and of those positive case under 65, the death rate is 0.75%. This isn't exactly the Black Death.

You are free to go out, with or with precautions, or to decide to hide under your bed, wrapped in plastic, until there is a cure. As long as I have a choice, I will keep living out in the world.

(Prediction: "Covid Fear" totally evaporates when the weekly $600 bonus checks stop coming...)
Having worked from home since March, I do understand your need to socialise. Some days I find it hard to be motivated or positive. I miss day to day social interaction with people outside my family.

But, almost three months on and tonight with what feels like yet another Covid relapse - aching legs and back, fatigue, itchy eyes - I wish I had not been quite so complacent in early March.

At the same time, I am glad I had it, survived it, no longer fear it.

It's all quite the head-you know what.

I had posted a couple days ago that we had two young members of family who were waiting for test results to come back due to being exposed for an extended period of time to a positive Covid person. My youngest daughter came back negative (she is at college -off campus) yesterday and my DIL is expecting her test result by tomorrow. DIL is Montessori teacher-they just went back on Monday~The experience of having someone even need to be tested challenges all of your habits over again and is scary.

Hugs @Gardner1850 what you are doing is exhausting and I would say the isolation and quarentining has been the hardest thing that I have ever had to experience. I have had my 78yo mother living with me until just a bit over a week ago and was locked down from early on following along with WS here. The planning, stocking, shopping, cleaning, prep, worry and cost was never ending. I was at my breaking point at Easter. Not being able to cuddle and spend time with my grandchildren was getting to me deeply and I was breaking emotionally.

I became more afraid of the emotional issues I was developing and decided I needed to go out and take steps to find yet a newer normal, where proper PPE worked for me. It included my grandchildren and finding ways to break the grip of fear the Covid had on my mind. When I see the protestors out there shoulder to shoulder without masks and the potential exchanges, it makes me angry. I also feel lied to by Fauci and others who we trusted early on to give us the facts. I'm angry and that is better than being so frightened of the virus.

I do take about 10 supplements and have a lot on hand. My favorite natural website earth clinic has a good amount of info to to with the info given out my the good doctors we have followed here from day 1. WS has been such a family to me through this all. Thanks everyone! God bless you all and keep you well.

jmo

Last edited:

It's not worth the risk for me because I am in a high risk group. And if people start acting as if everything was back to normal, covid cases will rise-they already are rising in many states. Hospitals will overflow with covid patients. Living again is worth the risk, unless you end up dead. We still have no vaccine, we are low on a remdesivir, and people are already acting as if they are done with the virus. The problem is, virus isn't done with us.

We are on our own to deal with our choice of safety or none. I don't see any reason to shame others for wanting to not wear a mask in some places. I try to stay out of some places or do what I feel is safer for me. I do not like the idea that some people do not need to wear a mask in certain work environments. Be respectful to customers or co workers. This mask wearing can be uncomfortable I think. It is hard to demand everyone wears it all day long at work since they have a different view about everything. The person may even feel like they can't function anymore. My husband is careful, very caring for others but that wearing a mask all day, I think he would tear it off before the day was over! However, he does not act like Covid19 is gone. Wears a mask in many places he feels as needed. Avoids some public places he doesn't want to attend. His job is mostly outside in a large open building or he is alone driving. A few of his younger co workers enjoy bars. There was a false alarm from a person he works with - they attended a bar and had Covid symptoms so the bar was informed but the test turned negative. I can't imagine close office workers not wearing masks. I imagine even on my husbands job the workers use the office space off and on. There could even be spreading in the large building if someone is coughing. My husband likes his job and no one wears masks. I guess everyone is just doing the job and no complaints in the no mask wearing. I know what my risk is living with him but I am not putting myself in a bubble. I am on the I DO NOT want to get the virus either but the being so fearful was slowly killing me as a person. I am not going to live like that, no way. Stress was so high it made me sick and changed who I am even. Take care WS friends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88