Found Deceased CO - Suzanne Morphew, 49, did not return from bike ride, Chaffee County, 10 May 2020 #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE does not need help from the public in every single case. Sometimes murders happen without witnesses and the murderer never tells a soul. How could the public possibly know anything in a case like that?
True.
There was the lady teacher who was single and expecting, and her fiance lured her to an empty field and shot her.
Her parents had to act like they supported him at the press conference, and say nothing at all.
So sad.

Tyler Tessier who 'murdered' Laura Wallen was engaged | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

The problem is this...I have read enough social media posts that can’t be used here, never the less, I can’t help them influencing my fence riding. We have only several MSM items to be discussed, none give any indication that BM is anything other than a loving husband.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hadn't had a chance to look at SM's Namus page until today. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

And I think I'm ruling out (in my own head, for myself only) several possibilities.

The page belongs to the Chaffee County Sheriff's Office. And it says, without qualification, "Suzanne Morphew went missing on 05/10/2020 while on a bicycle ride on County Road 225 and West Highway 50, located in unincorporated Chaffee County."

It hasn't even got the "reportedly" from the sheriff's press release.

That briefly came up last evening.
I think it might be standard protocol for LE to put out there what has been reported to them surrounding the details of her disappearance, until or unless they discover evidence that tells them those details are not correct.
They did this in Gannon Stauch's case, in a sense, and I've followed a few cases over the years where LE does stuff like this too.
Lots of cases here start out the same way - the story can change quickly as new facts come in.
In the event the evidence does come in that proves those details are not correct, I'm guessing they would update the report at that time.

jmo

Someone from a few threads (or 8, lol) back said that there are many mine shafts in the mountains near the Morphew home.
I wish we knew if they've been checked.
bbm
Ita.

The possible perp had a lot of time on his hands, because of Covid and the weekend/holiday.

Salida Colorado History - Chaffee County Colorado 125th Anniversary Timeline

BLM seeks help identifying mine shafts | Free Content | chaffeecountytimes.com

A Mineral Bonanza - Collegiate Peaks Byway

Mining In Chaffee County, Colorado | The Diggings™

I'd read about the area that Barbara Thomas 'disappeared' in also featured abandoned mine shafts.
Also Erin Corwin was almost never discovered until the intrepid searcher (sorry , forgot his name) found her on the last day.
If harm has fallen Suzanne --- you can't tell me that a possible perp hasn't read about other cases, and thinks he/she is way smarter than LE .... :rolleyes:
MOO

Last edited:
Wait, what did I miss? How did I miss that?! o_O
Yes... I almost missed it myself, but found it while reading the thread late one night , due to lack of sleep.

From the media thread for Suzanne at page one of this thread for Suzanne's case :
( ^^^ sorry, that was unnecessarily 'wordy' :p )

‘We’re in the dark’: Missing Suzanne Morphew’s family waits and worries two weeks after Colorado mom’s mysterious disappearance [EXCLUSIVE] – Crime Online
The relative said they have doubts about whether Suzanne actually went for a bike ride on May 10, as her neighbor reportedly told police. The source said they believed Suzanne’s daughters asked the neighbor to check and see if their mother’s bike was at the home.

Again with "believed".... no one seems to know for sure !

‘Nobody actually saw her on her bicycle’: Questions persist amid changing reports on the investigation into Suzanne Morphew’s Mother’s Day disappearance – Crime Online

Last edited:

The DM article did report that the last known contact with her was on the 9th.
Assuming this is accurate, whoever disappeared her had from whatever time on 9th to 5:46pm the next day, essentially when the 911 call was placed.
So, all day the 9th [possibly], all night, then nearly all day on the 10th.
Yep, plenty of time to do whatever was done. :(

For what it’s worth, I very much want BM to be cleared. I’m hoping for that result for the family’s sake. So I’m interested in any articles that support that hope.

At the same time, I trust LE to be following evidence. And if they are focusing on BM and not a stranger scenario, I conclude it is because of the evidence they are finding. Sadly.

Yesterday on Fox news in an article on Suzanne, BM's relatives said LE does not want them talking about the case, it might interfere with their investigation. So this is why you don't hear anything from BM!!! I am going to continue looking for the article.
Even if LE said this, I doubt they meant that BM could not make public pleas for her return. JMO

"On Wednesday, Sheriff John Spezze told CBS4 while it’s an open investigation, he would not rule out a criminal investigation. He adds the probability of an animal attack is not very high." Family: Suzanne Morphew's Husband Offers $100,000 Reward In Disappearance Investigation

I'm really curious why you disagree with the sheriff.
What are the rest of us missing, that do agree with the sheriff?

Does anyone know why specifically/on what basis he wasn’t able to say “definitively ruled out”? In other words, what still makes it even a slight possibility that he can not say it definitely did not happen?

I’m asking strictly on the basis of specific language used in the above bolded quote.

Was just having a look at where I think avid mountain biker Francis was inferring he saw the suspicious car. I'd been thinking it was up on the main road, but I can see the 225 sign here, so yeah, if he saw a car parked here near the bridge on the same day SM went missing, h'mm, I reckon that'd be suspicious .... not so much on the main road, but down here and parked, h'mm, could be something to it.

Attachments

• CountyRoad225.png
    CountyRoad225.png
    983.1 KB · Views: 51
Does anyone know why specifically/on what basis he wasn’t able to say “definitively ruled out”? In other words, what still makes it even a slight possibility that he can not say it definitely did not happen?

I’m asking strictly on the basis of specific language used in the above bolded quote.

I would guess because SM is still missing, therefore nothing definite can be determined or ruled out.

ETA: the above posted without trying to be too graphic, in case family members are reading here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288